Make extra money with a seemingly good business opportunity, but what is Total Life Changes about? Have they told you that you could make a full-time income by promoting the products and the business, but you aren’t sure if it is legit or just a scam?
In my Total Life Changes review, I’ll show you everything you need to know before you become one of the Life Changers, including:
- What Is Total Life Changes About?
- How Does Total Life Changes Work?
- The Compensation Plan
- Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling Total Life Changes?
- Is Total Life Changes A Scam?
Before we proceed further, I like to promise you something first. I am not associated with Total Life Changes in any form, so you won’t see me selling you how good this opportunity is or pushing you to click a “JOIN NOW” button.
This review is my approach to examine whether it delivers or keeps things under promise. If yes, I’ll love to take a shot; if no, I will steer clear. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Total Life Changes About?
-Summary of Total Life Changes-
Product Name: Total Life Changes
Founders: Jack Fallon since 1999
Product Type: A Health and Wellness MLM(Multi-Level Marketing)
Price: $49.95 Enrollment Kit + $40 Monthly Autoship
Total Life Changes is a health and wellness MLM company since 1999, and it runs the business for 22 years as of this writing. They provide weight-loss tea, nutrition drinks & capsules, hair & skincare products, and essential oils, so you won’t run out of the products to promote if you become an independent representative, AKA. Life Changer.
They operate in 150+ countries, including the US, Europe, Canada, India, and the Philippines. They were ever ranked #100 on the 7th Annual DSN Global 100 awards for being one of the top revenue-generating companies in direct selling throughout the world.
With more than 1000 orders per day, the 2020 sales revenue was estimated to reach $405 million, and it keeps growing for the next decade. However, is this a good opportunity to make money for every Life Changer like you and me? We’ll cover that with more details right below. Let’s start with the products first.
Inside Total Life Changes
If you are interested in joining an MLM company, you must understand what they are offering and maybe try the product yourself before you promote it to anyone around you. In that case, you’ll have more personal experiences and some benefits you can share with your customers and downlines.
Total Life Changes’ products fall into the below categories:
- Weight Management: Laso tea, instant coffee, and slim paste
- Full Body Nutrition: Liquid multivitamin and capsules
- Energy & Fitness: Dietary supplement, pre-workout mix, vitamin drops
- Hair and Skin Care: Vitamin capsules and moisturizing oil
- Women’s Health: BlossoMÉ capsules
- Essential Oils: The blends and essential oils(similar to doTERRA and Young Living)
The flagship product is the world-famous Laso Tea, and you might know it before you join Total Life Changes. It’s made from all-natural ingredients that help healthy weight-management assistance, appetite control, and support for productive trips to the bathroom.*
Same as other MLM companies, they put a tiny asterisk at the end of each sentence. Well, that means “the statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.”
If you use the wordings for your promotions on social media, you might get yourself in trouble and fines from the authority.
Do Total Life Changes Products Work?
I don’t use TLC products myself, so I cannot provide you my firsthand experiences. I managed to find what others said about it on Amazon, where people share honest thoughts on the products they’ve purchased.
Here are the positive and negative. Both comments are equally important, and I hope they help.
-The Positive Reviews-
-The Negative Reviews-
How Does Total Life Changes Work?
Just like any other MLM company in the industry, there are two ways to make money with Total Life Changes:
- Selling Products: You buy Total Life Changes products at wholesale prices and sell them to people at retail prices. Earn the price gaps as your commissions.
- Recruiting: Recruit more people to become your downlines to earn extra bonuses & incentives when your team hit the sales target
There is no registration fee to get you started with Total Life Changes. You could go directly to purchase any of the enrollment kits, and then you are good to go. Here are some popular choices:
- Digital Starter Kit $49.95
- Standard Starter Kit $49.95
- Beauty Kit $149.95
- Hempire Pack #1 $999
- Elite Package $1,219
The cost doesn’t stop here! To become an active TLC distributor, you need to have a 40PV monthly. So, let’s calculate the one-year cost for you to join TLC.
- Enrollment Kits: $49.95-$1,219
- Monthly Autoship: 40*12=$480
The best case is that you need to prepare $529.95, while the worst case is $1,699. Other miscellaneous expenses are not calculated, such as other training, social marketing budgets, or paid ads…
The Compensation Plan
There are five ways to make commissions with TLC’s compensation plan, and it’s as complicated as other MLMs. I’ll try my best to make it simple for you to understand without feeling dizzy…
- Retail Customer Profits: Earn 50% of the product’s QV in paid commissions
- Fast-Start Bonus: Earn 50% commission from the first order placed by your personally referred Life Changer
- Binary Pay: Earn 10-25% commissions on group commissionable volume (GCV)
- Matching Bonus: Earn 10-50% commissions on the binary pay of your personally enrolled and your downlines’ enrolled
- Lifestyle Bonus: Earn a $1500 bonus when you hit a certain sales target
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
To be qualified for commissions, you need to have 40PV or greater every 30 days at least. The higher the rankings, the more PV you need to achieve to maintain your status. Find the below table for more details.
Ugly Truth About Total Life Changes
TOP#1 Expensive Products
Same as the other MLMs, Total Life Changes has expensive products. Compared to other competitors you can find on Amazon, they charge 10 times more, which is not a surprise!
Taking the famous Laso Tea as an instance, two tea bags charge $49.95 while the other Detox tea bags only cost $4.35. Why is the point to purchase 10x expensive tea bags when you can find affordable ones online?
TOP#2 Hidden Monthly Cost
You need to have at least 40PV to be active and be eligible for commissions. The higher rankings you are, the more you are required to achieve—80PV, 100PV, 120PV, and so on.
If you cannot sell the products to people around you, you will purchase the products yourself, making you and other TLC distributors become the most loyal customers.
TOP#3 Low Income Potential
Based on the below income disclose that I found on this page, the chance to make decent money with Total Life Changes is low. Let’s read some interesting numbers:
- 36% (2,400 out of 75,000 distributors) made no money at all
- Top 10% (660 out of 75,000 distributors) earned an average of $1,905 per month
- Top 0.8% (66 out of 75,000 distributors) earned an average of $14,471 per month
66 out of 75,000 distributors make $14,471 per month, meaning only 1 from 1,136 distributors can achieve this goal. I won’t say this is a good opportunity to be your own boss and live a financial freedom lifestyle.
TOP#4 The Binary Leg System
The unilevel model is better than the TLC’s binary leg system, in my opinion. With a binary leg system, you need to think about how to keep them balanced.
If your power leg has generated $1,000 while the pay leg only got $50, you will get a $50 payment. So, it takes a lot of time to balance two legs, making it more difficult to make money with Total Life Changes.
TOP#5 The Warning From FTC
In Apr 2020, FTC sent a warning letter to Total Life Changes because some distributors claim that certain TLC products treat or prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Some examples are:
- Have you had your vitamins today! Did your kids have their vitamins? Did you get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables? HOW WILL YOU FIGHT OFF CORONA? USE NUTRABURST-CHAGA!
- Yesss Protect Your Immune System… #nutraburst #coronavirusfighter …#immunesystembooster.
- BOOST UP YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM!!! Don’t get caught out there and #Corona grab a hold of you.
I dug deep to find whether TLC has lawsuits, and yes, they did have some:
- In Dec 2020, a class action alleges Total Life Changes’ Laso raspberry lemonade instant tea contains THC, the primary psychoactive ingredient in cannabis.
- In Feb 2020, Environmental Research Center filed a notice of violation of California Law Proposition 65, against Total Life Changes’ two products that contain lead. TLC settled it by paying $42,500 to ERC.
What I Liked About Total Life Changes
TOP#1 The Longevity
It’s often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years.
TLC starts running the business in 1999, which is over two decades now, proving it’s a legit MLM company that you can trust.
TOP#2 The Product Works!
Overall speaking, TLC products get more positive reviews on Amazon by verified customers, and they have survived 22 years in the super-competitive weight-loss industry. They must know how to manufacture proven-to-work products to help people achieve their weight-loss goals.
Look at those positive reviews from happy customers:
TOP#3 A 30-Day Refund Policy
If you are unsatisfied with TLC products, you are eligible for a refund within 30 calendar days from the date of delivery. Product and Marketing materials returned during that time frame shall receive a 100% refund of the price actually paid, less shipping and handling costs.
Can You Make Money Selling Total Life Changes?
Yes, you can make money by selling Total Life Changes products and recruiting. However, you need to work your butt off to sell the products to people face to face or online. Don’t forget that you’re also required to recruit as many customers & downlines as possible to earn extra bonuses and incentives.
Based on the 2019 income disclosure, only 0.08% of all distributors make decent money every month. You cannot quit your 9-5 jobs and make this your primary income source because it’s far from enough.
Is Total Life Changes A Scam?
No, it’s not a scam at all. I would say it’s better to be Total Life Changes’ customers instead of distributors because 99% of distributors lose money, so I won’t recommend my readers to make money with TLC.
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Total Life Changes products in person. Try to imagine you sell Total Life Changes products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or nervous? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t even need to buy physical products and sell them to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as you downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Total Life Changes products. You can promote anything you like!
You only need to create a website with quality content that makes people trust you then purchase them through your links. If they do, you earn commissions.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the award-winning friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full WA review or click the below link to start your WA journey.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.