I know you are wondering “What Is Solo Build It About?” when you searched ways to make money online and came across Solo Build It, right?
Solo Build It is a legitimate platform that helps you build your online business, and it offers many powerful tools, services, and the community at an affordable cost.
Before we start exploring this program, I want to tell you a few things.
- I am not referring you to join Solo Build It to earn commissions, so you won’t see me selling the good parts about it. What I share today is an honest & unbiased review based on my due diligence & personal experiences.
- Checking things online saves your time and money, and this is the first step to keep yourself out of trouble. Congratulations, your hard-earned money now is safe and secure.
Without further ado, let’s dive deep and get started.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Solo Build It About?
-Summary of Solo Build It-
Product Name: Solo Build It(SBI)
Founders: founded by Ken Evoy of SiteSell Inc. back in 1997
Product Type: Affiliate Marketing Program
Price: $19.99 monthly or $199 yearly
Rating: 80 / 100
Solo Build It is founded by Ken Evoy back in 1997. It is a legitimate platform with many great tools and features to build your online business. It used to be “Site Build It”, but Ken changed the name into “Solo Build it” because this platform is not just a place where you can build a website but also makes you a Solopreneur!
It’s just like an all-in-one platform that provides you all kinds of services for your website, such as website hosting, website builder, domain name purchase, keyword research tool, etc. It lasts longer than two decades so far, so Ken must have the know-how to help people make money online by building websites.
Inside Solo Build It
There is a good deal of good stuff you will find inside Solo Build It, which might make you feel overwhelmed when you first explore the members’ area. I categorize the below and help you go through quickly the entire platform, so you can have a better understanding when you compare this with other legitimate programs. (You are welcome!)
Three Training Processes
SBI! Action Guide(AG)
The first training is Action Guide. It is a 10-day(step) journey for building your website, and you will learn every step you need to take with all SBI tools to make your website look nice over time.
The second training is called “CTPM”. Content, Traffic, Presell, and Monetization. You will know how to monetize your website by the power of traffic. This is the most important process that you need to focus on, and it’s not only working inside this platform. Most of the other legitimate platforms use the same CTPM process under other names to teach people to monetize their websites.
The third training is “BAM” which stands for Brains, Attitude, and Motivation.
- Brains: Think clearly what your passion is to choose your niche website.
- Attitude: Remain mindful/positive even when you feel depressed about the progress of your online business.
- Motivation: Remember who/what/why you want to succeed online, and never stop until you make it.
For me, BAM training is to have a correct mindset before you start to build your online business, and I would rather that SBI puts this training at first instead of putting it as the last. In that case, people will be equipped with the correct mindset no matter what difficulty they face on the way to their online success.
There are tons of great tools you will find on SBI, and here is the list.
- Brainstorm It!: SBI’s proprietary keyword research tool that brainstorms your keywords
- Search It!: SBI’s search engine just like other giant search engines
- Name Park It!: Domain name registration tool
- Site Designer: Design your websites or choose from pre-made templates
- BlockBuilder: A website page builder
- Content 2.0: Add content with text and image without doing everything yourself
- Site Health: A virtual manager that examine any bad signs of your website
- Traffic-Building Systems: A suite of traffic-driving tools
- MailOut Manager: An email newsletter publishing tool
- Autoresponders: An email autoresponder that creates emails for your subscribers
- Social Button Integration: An simple tool to share your post to social media
SBI! for WP!
Since 35% of websites built by WordPress on the internet, you can choose to build your website on WordPress with SBI for WP! This plan costs $9.99 monthly/$99 yearly. Although it’s cheaper, you won’t get all the services that come with normal SBI.
- You don’t get FREE website hosting by SBI.(It costs $35-$50 per year)
- You need to purchase the domain outside of SBI.
- Use similar tools of Brainstorm It! and Search It! outside of SBI.
Solo Build It provides 24/7 support whenever you need help with your website. You can also ask your questions/problems in the SBI forums that used to be active in the past.
Solo Build it also has an affiliate program, so you can promote it to earn commissions if you are lucky that someone purchases SBI through your affiliate link. It’s no cost to join as an SBI affiliate, and SBI allows you to cash out your commissions via PayPal.
Here are the commissions you can earn by promoting SBI plans:
- 60% commission on new Solo Build It! (SBI!) and SBI! for WP annual sales
- 200% commission on new Solo Build It! (SBI!) monthly sales
- 100% commission on new SBI! for WP monthly sales
Who Is Solo Build It For?
Everyone who likes to build an online business with powerful tools and legitimate training courses. If you still don’t like Solo Build It, I would also recommend the below two platforms too.
Ugly Truth About Solo Build It
TOP#1 Overwhelming Information
I am sure that you will feel overwhelmed after all the information about SBI in the previous paragraphs, right? Me too. For beginners, a simple and easy to understand method is expected to run their first websites. But, SBI just has so many to share.
Besides the overwhelming information, I also found that navigation is not ideal inside the platform. You might spend lots of time searching for something in the long-winded content and feel lost.
TOP#2 Community Seems Inactive
You may be able to ask your questions/problems in the private forum of SBI, but it’s getting inactive compared to the past. Having a forum is not difficult, but keeping the forum active with all kinds of support from members is difficult.
And, you don’t have LIVE chat support on SBI, so you cannot get instant support from any other engaging members. You also don’t get the private coaching from other members on SBI.
TOP#3 Focus On Organic Traffic
You might know one thing or two about paid traffic that brings you thousands of visitors a day after running the paid campaigns on social media. Unfortunately, SBI focuses on organic traffic same as Wealthy Affiliate.
It takes longer to see positive results by organic traffic, and your income won’t just flow into your bank accounts overnight. It could be done by a good SEO implementation and good keyword researches in every article, and you need to consistently create high-quality content each week. I would say 3-5 articles per week before you start seeing the great results. This is also the reason why people quit when they don’t see anything in the first 6 months.
It will be nicer if SBI adds extra training courses to teach people how to do PPC(pay per click) or paid ads on social media. Then, people have a chance to choose which one they like to do for their websites.
What I Liked About Solo Build It
The costs go down to $19.99 monthly from $29.99 and $199 yearly from 299. It’s affordable to build your online business in the first place when everything seems terrific.
When I first started, the first thing that came to my mind is always the cost. If I can find a legitimate platform to build my online business without paying too much per month, it would be possible that I won’t run out of money before my online success. Glad that SBI provides such a low price to help everyone to start.
TOP#2 A 90-Day Money-back Policy
SBI provides 90-day money-back policy, so if you don’t like it within the first 90 days after purchase, you can request a refund anytime without questions asked. It’s risk-free for everyone.
If you like to cancel your membership after the first 90 days, you may send out the request before the next billing cycle no matter monthly or yearly.
TOP#3 Great Training & Tools
SBI gets you good training and many tools for your online business, and this is 100% for sure.
You can read written content or watch the tutorial videos for better understanding. With SBI’s step-by-step training, it’s easy to understand every step to build a website, especially in the SBI Action Guide.
Is Solo Build It A Scam?
No, it’s not a scam at all. SBI has legitimate training courses and great tools to help you build a website to generate an online income, and it’s far from a scam that I’ve reviewed on my website.
By reviewing SBI, I can tell that Ken puts lots of effort and time into developing a platform like this to help people who want to make money online, so that’s the reason why SBI can last longer than two decades now.
The method from SBI is as same as Wealthy Affiliate. Build a website, drive traffic, then monetization. How to compare these two? I guess you are thinking about it now.
Another Alternative(My Favorite)
People ask this question all the time, “Which one should I choose? Wealthy Affiliate or Solo Build It?” To be honest, I am a premium member of Wealthy Affiliate(WA). I will tell you the reasons why I stay with WA at higher costs instead of switching to SBI.
- The training courses are designed interactively, and you need to check again what you just learn before proceeding to the next training. Therefore, you won’t feel overwhelmed when you first start trying to build your online business.
- The WA community is world-class friendly and super active that you can always get responses for your questions or technical issues. There is new training added to this platform every single day, so you don’t need to worry that you cannot get the latest marketing techniques.
- Wealthy Affiliate provides a 7-day trial for FREE without your credit card information, and you can get access to the whole platform just like other premium members'(me included). You don’t lose a penny if you don’t like the training on Wealthy Affiliate.
>>>Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed<<<
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some most active members’ from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
12 thoughts on “What Is Solo Build It About?”
Hi Matt, and thanks for this review of Solo Build It. I’ve looked at this platform several times as it’s features have changed over the years. I’m a member of Wealthy Affiliate, so I use them as a comparison.
The biggest reason I don’t like SBI is their lack of community. I’m so spoiled at WA with a very large and active community. Whenever I’ve looked at the other, it’s always dead! And their membership price is for ONE website only.
So if you want to have more than 1, you need to pay that same annual fee for each.I have many sites hosted on WA for the one Premium price. That alone is a huge advantage.
Thanks again, Matt!
Thanks for sharing your precious experiences with SBI! Your words outweigh my full review, hahaha… The community inside Wealthy Affiliate is indeed a jaw-dropping & powerful feature that attributed by all WA members from the globe, and I am grateful that I learned so much from other experienced and successful members on the platform.
Thanks again for backing me up about Wealthy Affiliate, highly appreciated.
My choice is always the Wealthy Affiliate 🙂 As having the first hand experience, I highly recommend it anyone who is serious about learning about affiliate marketing and earning money online. You will get the education, support and guidance all in one place which the the Wealthy Affiliate.
Thank you for this post.
I wish you all the best in your future success.
Thanks for backing me up here, my choice is the same. I love Wealthy Affiliate for its training, keyword tool, and the support from the team & the community.
Solo Build it looks a like great and honest platform with all the tools a beginner online entrepreneur needs. I like the BAM training, since I think that it is important to also focus on having the right mindset for this, since affiliate marketing isn’t something that happens overnight. Many people get depressed and give up after a few months …
I also think that their prices are good. Looks like a commendable, solid platform, and I am happy to learn about it here.
Between your favorite, Wealthy Affiliate, and Solo Build it, what does Wealthy Affiliate offer that Solo Build doesn’t, and vice versa?
Yes, Solo Build It!is indeed a good platform to build your website and run an online business through affiliate marketing.
For the differences between SBI and WA, I think the first one should be the design of the training courses. WA made the training so interactive and comprehensive, so you don’t need to spend time thinking about what is next. But, on SBI!, I think the information is too much and might get you lost.
Wow – a long time since I last came across SBI..! I dabbled with it when I first started out, back in around 2003/04, but then decided to learn how to build websites from the ground up (which has stood me in great stead, even though I now use WordPress for everything).
I remember it as a very good program and would have stayed with it if I hadn’t decided to learn the nuts and bolts of building websites.
I can see from what you’ve written, though, that they’ve expanded their offering since I was last involved – the WordPress integration is one example.
It’s good to see they’re still going strong!
Thanks for sharing your precious experiences of SBI, and yes, they’ve added SBI! for WP! for people who want to build their website on WordPress. For me, I would choose to build my website on WordPress since 30% of websites are built on WordPress. There will be fewer technical issues if you want to export your sites to other platforms or change to other site-hosting services later on.
Good idea! This suits newbie the most especially those not sure which niche or interest they should start building a website from. This is rather important for longterm monetization for the topic we like to write about, sustainability is essential for a longterm business. Thanks for sharing Matt. Good content always.
Yes, Solo Build It is indeed a great platform to build your online business, and it has legitimate training and useful tools to help you create your content. If doing affiliate marketing to earn stable income streams online, you should consider trying SBI.
Thank you for this honest review. It seems like Solo Build It is a good training platform.
At the beginning of your post, you have mentioned Content 2.0 and autoresponders. I have two questions in this regard:
1) Could you please elaborate more on how Content 2.0 works? How the content is created without doing it yourself?
2) What email autoresponder service is provided within SBI and what are the costs for it?
I appreciate your feedback on this!
Thanks for leaving your honest feedback here. I Love It!
1. Content 2.0 allows visitors to help you with creating and uploading new and fresh content for you just like social media, so you don’t really need to build everything on your website.
2. Autoresponder is a tool that sends emails to your subscribers just in one click. For my understanding, there is no cost to use the autoresponder once you purchase the monthly/yearly subscriptions. So, it’s quite a nice & powerful feature inside SBI!
I hope I did solve your questions by the above. If any more, please let me know as soon as possible. I am happy to help.