You found one affiliate marketing training platform that seems nice & decent, so you want to understand better “What Is Powerhouse Affiliate About?” This is probably the reason you came across my website, right?
If yes, you are in the right place. Powerhouse Affiliate does have nice training in written format, webinars, and the Facebook Private Group to help you build your online business. However, I found some major downsides about this platform, nothing is perfect.
Before we proceed exploring together, I want to tell you something.
- I am not referring you to join Powerhouse Affiliate for my commissions, which I loathe the most when I read online reviews, so you won’t see me only pitching the good part without telling you the ugly truth.
- This review is also my approach to examine whether it suits my budget and personality, and you are able to make the decision by reading it to the end.
- Checking things online saves time and money. This is the first step to filter out the scams and handpick the best one for yourself. Congratulations, your hard-earned money is now safe and secure.
Without further ado, let’s keep digging Powerhouse Affiliate.
What is Powerhouse Affiliate About?
-Summary of Powerhouse Affiliate-
Product Name: Powerhouse Affiliate
Founders: Joey Babineau in Feb 2013
Product Type: Affiliate Marketing Training Platform
Price: Free for one course, $19 for 1st month then $47, $797 a life-time payment
Rating: 60 / 100
Recommend: Yes for experienced affiliate marketers, not for beginners.
Powerhouse Affiliate is a platform where you can learn affiliate marketing, but it focuses on CPA(Cost-Per-Action) marketing. Without teaching the content creation, it guides you to leverage paid ads to maximize your earning potential.
For experienced affiliate marketers, it could be a good opportunity to sharpen your skills, but unfortunately, it’s not that perfect for beginners. I do recommend another legitimate platform to start your affiliate marketing adventures, and I will let you know in one minute!
Inside Powerhouse Affiliate
Once you join for free, you are able to get access to the first training course – Affiliate Marketing Certification. Besides, there are also other good features to help you build your online business.
Stage 01. Affiliate Marketing Certification(Free Membership)
In stage 01, you will learn the generic knowledge about affiliate marketing, this includes:
- How to choose your niche & targeted market research
- How to find affiliate products from affiliate networks
- How to set up your websites(landing pages) to earn commissions
- Website Traffic
Stage 02. Monetization Channels
By learning stage 02, Joey will teach you how to collect emails to build your email list. Email marketing is old but still powerful in the affiliate marketing industry. If you look for long-term success, setting up your email list is a MUST-DO to follow up with your subscribers.
Stage 03. Performance Marketing Arbitrage
This is the introductory course of Cost Per Action(CPA), and it got revised many times since it first launched in 2013. Joey introduces performance marketing and teaches you how to run a white hat campaign with CPA offers. Besides, you will also learn different ways to generate leads, promote affiliate offers, build a marketing funnel, develop landing pages, get traffic, etc.
Stage 04. Advanced Traffic
When everything is almost done & setup, you now need to learn how to get traffic to your website & improve it.
Traffic is the lifeblood of your website/online business, so Joey will get you to know how to get traffic, track it, and analyze data. He also talks about various traffic streams that you could consider utilizing, such as social media, PPC, PPV, display, and more.
Stage 05. Advanced Strategy
Here, you will learn how to run paid ads. Joey goes further to show you some examples of profitable Native Ads campaigns, and this is where I found it suits the experienced affiliate marketers better than beginners.
Stage06. Ongoing Training & Business Development
Joey shares more case studies if we want to develop our online businesses in new directions. You will learn the advanced marketing tactics, direct linking campaigns, and test new campaigns.
Additional Single Lessons
If you finish the above training courses and feel not enough, Joey does offer the below single lessons to keep you learning for more.
- A Quick Guide To Solo Ads
- 5 Verticals Worth Testing!
- How To Set Up CPV Lab Tracking
- Landing Pages Tips For Higher Conversions
- Tips For Setting Up Google Adwords Campaigns
- Tips For Finding Profitable Keywords To Target
- Tips For Setting Up Bing Ads Campaigns
Support & Community
You will see PA forum, webinars, case studies, and resources in this section. This is where you can get all your questions answered about affiliate marketing or the business you are building by using this platform. While you become a premium member, you are able to send out emails to your personal coach or other PA members.
Private FB Group
You can also join Joey’s Private Facebook Group to get the latest notifications without any time lag. You can ask anything inside the group but only with kindness and respect for each other.
Mentor Bonus Program
You can promote Powerhouse Affiliate to earn commissions. If you click the “Affiliate info” on the menu, you would see many tools that Joey provides such as banners, links, and statistics to leverage in your campaigns.
The commission plan from Powerhouse Affiliate is similar to the MLM industry that I’ve reviewed a few on my website, here is the main structure:
- If you recruit people directly and they become your tier 1 sub-affiliates, you will get 50% commissions($23.5/each) as long as they stay as premium members.
- If your recruits do the same and recruit other people who become your tier 2 sub-affiliates, you will get 10% commissions($4.7/each) as long as they stay as premium members.
- If your tier 2 sub-affiliates recruit people that become your tier 3 sub-affiliates, you will get 5% commissions($2.35/each) as long as they stay as premium members.
Who is Powerhouse Affiliate For?
Powerhouse Affiliate is good for you if you are any of the below:
- You have experiences in affiliate marketing and you want to run CPA campaigns with Joey’s guides.
- You are serious about making money online and not feel boring from reading many written content in the training courses.
- You can spare at least a few hours to do your training and execute them on your landing pages/websites.
Ugly Truth About Powerhouse Affiliate
TOP#1 No Content Creation Training
For beginners, it’s important to know all the essential knowledge about the whole process of an affiliate marketing business. However, Joey mainly focuses on CPA campaigns to maximize the earning potential.
If I am new to affiliate marketing, I would become confused that I need to run paid ads after paying $47 for the monthly membership. Why Joey didn’t mention that before I start?
Also, it’s highly possible that you cannot leverage CPA campaigns well because you know nothing about it basically. Joey can run CPA campaigns successfully based on his 18-year experiences in the industry, but ask yourself “Can you run a successful CPA campaign as he does?”
Content creation is the key to your online business, and it does take time to write high-quality content which might bring you quality organic traffic in the long run. I am a huge fan of organic traffic, so I care about how to do good SEO & keyword researches for all my posts. I won’t outsource the content creation when I just start my online business.
Doing CPA campaigns & other paid ads might bring you faster results, but it only suits the experienced affiliate marketers better & it’s hard to control the traffic quality, in my opinion.
TOP#2 Many Written Training Lessons
Overall speaking, there are 80% written content and 20% training videos. You can also find the most videos on YouTube for free, so what is the point to join as a premium member for the 20% videos?
I personally prefer video training since I get eyestrain easily when I read too much on my laptop & my phone, and reading written training content is sometimes making me feel boring & disengaging like my younger school life.
Although there are actions you need to take after each lesson, it’s not mandatory for you to complete it at all. It’s highly possible that you rush to the next module without doing the exercises about what you just learn at each lesson.
TOP#3 Extra Costs
To build an affiliate marketing business, Joey mentions many tools that could help you to build your business. He doesn’t provide them all, so you need to purchase the services from the 3rd party suppliers. Those services include:
- Domain Name Purchase: $15 per year
- Website Hosting Service: around $5 per month
- Email Service Provider(autoresponder): $10-$149 per month
- Tracking Service: $27-$97 per month
- Solo Ads & CPA campaigns: $$$
They might sum up another hundred for a month easily, so you need to take all into a thorough consideration before purchasing.
What I Liked About Powerhouse Affiliate
TOP#1 Affordable Membership
When I first started my online business, there was one thing that I always concern a lot. The cost!
If it’s too expensive, I would not consider joining & find another online program. Powerhouse Affiliate lets you try the first training for free, so you don’t lose a thing after you complete it.
Although Powerhouse Affiliate doesn’t provide much about the content creation & 80% of the content is in written format, it’s not hard to tell that this is a step-by-step training course.
Joey tried his best to make the training comprehensive if you could spare a few hours a day and can stand read written content to learn affiliate marketing by CPA campaigns & paid ads.
TOP#3 Easy Cancellation
If you are not 100% satisfied with the training courses, you could request a refund before 14 days of your next billing cycle. It’s good to know that we still have a chance to take the money back while the internet is full of scams now.
Please remember that some programs might ask you to meet certain criteria before you request a refund, it might take longer to complete the money-back cycle in some cases.
Is Powerhouse Affiliate A Scam?
No, Powerhouse Affiliate is not a scam at all. It has legitimate training about affiliate marketing that you can boost your online business by paid ads, but it is the best for the experienced affiliate marketers not for beginners.
I prefer to build a website with quality content for my readers. Once they find my articles helping, they will love to come back checking for the latest updates & trying things I promote here on my website. They will also become my fans/followers/customers in the long run.
To be 100% honest with you, the process takes some time to see positive results. It needs hard work, patience, and persistence to achieve your goal. If this sounds super nice to you, I think you will love my alternative to make money online.
Alternative Program(My Favorite)
There is another alternative to choose when you can get everything about affiliate marketing at a $49 membership fee per month. An alternative I do recommend is Wealthy Affiliate(WA).
- You will learn how to create quality content when you start your training in WA because this is the top priority that we focus on. You will also learn how to do your keyword researches or good SEO on your articles to boost your Google ranking.
- You don’t have to read 80% of written content to learn affiliate marketing while you will get 80% of video training courses in WA. Trust me it’s way better than written content!
- Except for the domain name you purchase for your website, there are other extra costs that you need to cover once you become a WA member.
- You can start WA for FREE just like Powerhouse Affiliate without credit card details required. If you don’t like it after 7 days, you can stop the training without losing a penny from your pocket, right? But, I am sure that you will love WA as I do.
- You get all the powerful tools, features, training courses, and support you need to maintain the success of your online business.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.