Someone had probably introduced you to Modere as a way to be healthy and be your own boss, but what is Modere? If you land on my site to find the answer, you’ve come to the right place.
In my Modere review, I will cover the below topics to help you make up your mind:
- What is Modere?
- Modere Products and Starter Kits
- Modere Compensation Plan
- Modere Ranking
- Modere 2022 Income Disclosure
- Modere Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling Modere?
- Is Modere A Scam?
Before we go directly into it, I like to promise you something first. This review is my approach to examining whether Modere beats my alternative to make money online. If yes, I’ll take a shot; if no, I will steer clear. It will be honest and unbiased.
I am also not associated with Modere, so you won’t see me pitching how good it is without showing you the major downsides I found. Without further ado, let’s dive deep.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Modere?
-Summary of Modere-
Product Name: Modere
Founders: Robert Conlee in 2012
Product Type: Health and Wellness MLM(Multi-Level Marketing)
Price: $49.99 registration fee + $199.99-$699 + $99.99-$149.99 monthly autoship
Modere is a Health and Wellness MLM that has a long history. It has many lifestyle products, including beauty and personal care, health and wellness, and household products without numerous controversial chemicals and compounds.
To serve 1 million loyal customers around the globe, Modere maintains its business operations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Japan, and India.
Forbes named it a Top 10 Health & Beauty eCommerce brand and ranked #3 among the Fastest Growing Women-Led Companies of 2021.
But, the biggest letdown is its low success rate, expensive products, and complicated compensation plan. Let me show you more details to help you make a better decision. Read on!
Modere is a health and wellness MLM company with a wide range of products, including beauty and personal care, health and wellness, and household products.
Here are some products you can promote once you become a social marketer!
- Lean Body System: weight loss pills and drinks
- Collagen Sciences: joints, skin, and anti-aging supplements, pets
- Personal Care: skin, body, hair, mouth
- Health & Wellness: active health, general nutrition, targeted health supplements
- Household Care: laundry, kitchen, clean products
- Vitamin Angels: donate to charity
The Modere flagship product is the M3 product line, and you might hear of it before joining Modere. It’s a collection of 3 innovative products based on a traditional Mediterranean diet, including:
- Burn: capsules for fat-burning*
- Sustain: protein shake to help you control your appetite, reduce daily calories, and feel fuller longer*
- Sync: fiber drink mix to optimize digestion and lessen late-night cravings
What is the asterisk at the end of the M3 Burn and Sustain products?
Well…The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated their statement “. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease,” making product promotion more difficult without solid proof from the authority.
Do Modere Products Work?
I don’t use Modere products, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences. I managed to find what people said about it online.
Here are the positive and negative. Both comments are equally important, and I hope they help you make a better decision.
-The Positive Comments-
-The Negative Comments-
How Does Modere Work?
Like any other MLMs, there are mainly two ways to make money with Modere.
- Selling Modere Products: Earn commissions when you sell people Modere products.
- Recruiting: Recruit people to become your downlines to earn commissions when your team hits the sales target.
To become a Modere Social Marketer, you need to register with a fee of $49.99. This is only for the registration process; no Modere products are included. It’s common in all MLM companies.
After registration, you must purchase one of the business packs to promote Modere products for commissions. The price varies from $199.99 to $699.99 with the following options, but the cost doesn’t stop here.
- Basic – $199.99
- Plus – $499.99
- Ultimate – $699.99
To be qualified for commissions and free shipping, you need to choose your “Smart Ship” orders, charging you $99.99-$149.99 per month.
So, we can calculate the total cost you need in the first year:
- Registration fee $49.99
- Business pack $199.99-$699.99
- Monthly Autoship $99.99-149.99*12 months
The best case is that you only need $1,449.86 for the first year, while the worst is $2,549.86. Other miscellaneous expenses are not calculated, such as other training, social marketing budgets, or paid ads…
The Compensation Plan
The Modere compensation plan is complicated, so I tried to keep it simple to help you understand it quickly.
- Customer Pod Bonus: Earn 10%-36% on your customer orders plus free product credits
- First Order Bonus: Earn 30% on your first order
- Monthly Team Builder Bonus: Social Marketers who achieve team leader or higher are eligible to earn the monthly team builder bonus, ranging from $100 to $3,000
- Generational Unilevel: 4%-7% bonuses on 8 generations
- 4 & More Elite Bonus: Earn an additional 4% on the 4th team and beyond within the Generational Unilevel
- Promoter Development Bonus: Earn $10-$300 by helping your team develop solid customer pods
- Leadership Development Bonus: Elite Social Marketers are eligible to earn 10%-22% when their downlines get promoted.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
There are small prints on the compensation plan under the Modere rankings table.
It says, “To qualify for commissions a Social Marketer must have 150 Activity Points (AP) or a 75 Marketer Point (MP) SmartShip.”
You need to purchase Modere products or push your downlines to make a smart ship…
Modere’s social marketers are Modere’s most loyal customers, and that’s why 99% of Modere social marketers end up losing more money to maintain their status.
There is a total of 10 different rankings in Modere’s system.
Typically, the higher the rankings, the more requirements you need to achieve to keep your status.
Ugly Truth About Modere
TOP#1 Overpriced Products
Compared to other competitors in the market, MLM products are often overpriced, and Modere is no exception.
Look at the below comparison. For protein shakes, Modere Sustain costs $59.99 for 750 grams, while others cost $21-$30(half price).
I don’t blame Modere for this because this is how MLM companies work. Otherwise, they cannot pay all social marketers commissions to keep the business going.
But, you do have a choice to pick up the business model you like to make money online.
TOP#2 Hidden Monthly Cost
Still, remember you need to sell $150 worth of products to be eligible for commissions? This is the hidden cost that every social marketer faces every single month…
TOP#3 Focus On Recruitment
Unfortunately, the only way to avoid losing money with Modere is recruiting.
By recruiting more people to become your downlines, you gain more chances to earn extra bonuses once you help your downlines to grow their businesses.
This situation results in those who joined Modere at the early stages & good at recruiting making most of the money. For the rest, it’s difficult to recoup all your investment, let alone make profits.
TOP#4 Saturated & Competitive Market
Regarding health & wellness products, there are strong competitors in the market. I’ve written reviews for other MLM companies that offer similar products to help people keep healthy. Name a few here:
Since the market is saturated already, it’s getting hard to promote people with the same products to make sales.
By selling people expensive Modere products, you need to know what makes Modere stand out from the crowd…
TOP#5 Modere 2022 Income Disclosure
Based on this article, MLM business plans usually have a failure rate of around 95%.
For some MLM companies, only the top 1-2% of members can succeed in this business model. From this Modere 2022 income disclosure, I see some interesting stats, and you must know them before proceeding.
- 68.22% of social marketers earn $50.04 in 2022
- 93.58% of social marketers earn less than $1,200 in 2022
- ONLY 0.21% of social marketers earn more than $50,000 per year
The minimum cost of one year working with Modere is $1,449.86, so around 93.35% of social marketers lose money.
TOP#6 Complaints On BBB
Modere gets an A Plus rating on BBB, and it’s been accredited since 2018. In the last three years, it closed 119 complaints. Major complaints include:
- Delivery issues
- Refund process
- Customer service
- Payment issues
- Side effects caused by the supplements
TOP#7 Dark History
When I dug deep, I found a cold hard truth. When Z Capital acquired Neways back in 2013, the founders of Neways were sentenced to 2 years in jail due to tax evasions and conspiracy to defraud the company. So the acquisition was made to cover the ugly truth and keep the public from suspecting.
Robert Conlee, the ex-CEO of Neways, is the current chairman of the Modere board!
What I Liked About Modere
Modere cites third-party approvals such as EPA Safer Choice-approved, EWG Verified™, NSF Certified, and Rainforest Alliance Certified™ to validate some of its formulations.
They go one step further to help you reduce and eliminate your exposure to controversial chemicals, so your family can enjoy a healthy home environment.
TOP#2 Do Charity
Modere also does charity to pay back to our society, such as the Vitamin Angel project to help to provide crucial life-saving nutrients to underprivileged mothers and children worldwide. Any charity is better than no charity at all.
TOP#3 Training On Social Media
Unlike traditional MLM companies, Modere focuses on social media marketing to promote the products. You probably saw the Facebook ads or Instagram videos or stories.
Since the traditional MLM emphasizes face-to-face promoting & recruiting, it’s nice to see that they are catching today’s trends to promote the products or business opportunities on social media platforms.
Can You Make Money Selling Modere?
Yes, you can make money by selling Modere products and recruiting.
However, those who make money from Modere is the one who joined Modere in the early stage and sits on the top rankings.
The 2022 income disclosure shows that only 0.21% of social marketers make more than $50k annually. You cannot quit your 9-5 jobs and make this your primary income source because it’s insufficient.
Is Modere A Scam?
No, it’s not a scam, but it’s also not a good way to make money.
For me, the biggest letdown is the low success rate and consistent recruitment needed. I won’t go one step to becoming a Modere social marketer or recommend my readers to try it.
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Modere products in person.
Try to imagine you sell Modere products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or super nervous? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promoting one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here comes your earning potential.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, check my full WA review or click the link below to start today.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!