You are here because someone introduced you to Mannatech products and the business opportunity, so you keep asking yourself “What Is Mannatech About?” and landed on my site to find the answer. Am I right?
If yes, you’ve come to the right place. In my Mannatech review, I’ll cover the below topics to walk you through the whole thing. You surely will get everything you need before joining Mannatech.
- What Is Mannatech?
- How to Make Money with Mannatech?
- The Compensation Plan
- Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling Mannatech?
- Is Mannatech A Pyramid Scheme?
- Is Mannatech A Scam?
Before we start exploring the business plan, I like to tell you something first. I am NOT recruiting you to join Mannatech to become my downline so that I can earn commissions from you.
This review is only my approach to examine whether the Mannatech business plan works or not. If yes, I’ll take a shot; if no, I will steer clear. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Mannatech About?
-Summary of Mannatech-
Product Name: Mannatech
Founders: Samuel Caster in 1993
Product Type: A Health and Wellness MLM(Multi-Level Marketing)
Price: $49.99 Membership + $55.98-$1,063 Value Bundles
Mannatech is a health and wellness MLM company that sells dietary supplements and personal care products, and it aims to fight global malnutrition. Samuel Caster built it in 1993, and it now operates in 26+ countries and has generated more than $5B+ in sales in the last 25 years.
There are more than 140 patents have been issued to Mannatech, currently, they hold 90 patents with several more pending, making the company unique in the industry. Besides, their products also get more positive reviews than negative ones online. All of these make them a legitimate MLM company that won’t disappear tomorrow.
However, is this an opportunity that you can help others feel great and get paid for your success? Let me share more details right below, so you’ll get enough information to be the judge yourself.
There are two things we are going to talk about today, one is the product, and the other is the business plan. Let’s start with the products first.
They first started as a pharmaceutical company, but after a few federal changes, they took a new direction and entered the nutrition industry. Their products fall into the below five categories:
- Integrative Health: Ambrotose series, Glycocafe, immune support dietary supplement, etc
- Target Health: Joint health, gut health, enzyme & probiotics dietary supplement, etc
- Essentials: Eye support softgel capsules and herbal drink mix for sleep support
- Weight + Fitness: Energy drink, weight management capsules, and fat-loss capsules
- Skincare: Facial cleanser, moisturizer, skin rejuvenation crème, etc
The flagship product line is the famous Ambrotose Complex, a glyconutrient supplement made with a potent blend of Manapol powder and several other plant-based ingredients, and you might hear of it before reading this review.
It claims to have the below health benefits:
- May enhance recall and recognition memory.*
- May improve mood and decrease irritability.*
- Supports your immune system as well as proper organ function.*
- Helps support proper digestive system function.*
- Promotes gastrointestinal health.*
Do you notice that there are tiny asterisks at the end of all the above-mentioned benefits? This means *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
So, you can’t really use those wordings to promote the products. Otherwise, you’ll get yourself into trouble and face legal issues.
Do Mannatech Products Work?
I don’t use Mannatech products myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences with them. I managed to find what others said about Advanced Ambrotose capsules on Amazon, both positive and negative. I hope they help you well.
-The Positive Reviews-
-The Negative Reviews-
How To Make Money With Mannatech?
There are two ways to make money with any MLM company, and Mannatech is no exception.
- Selling products to make commissions
- Recruiting people to become your downlines to hit group sales target for extra bonuses
To start your journey with Mannatech, you can choose to become a Preferred Customer or an Independent Associate. It’s free to join as a Preferred Customer, but it takes $49.99 to register as an Independent Associate.
The next step is to purchase any of the value bundles to showcase the products to your customers, ranging from $55.98-$1,063.
So, now we are able to calculate the cost of joining Mannatech in one year.
- Membership fee $49.99
- Value Bundles $55.98-$1,063
The best case is you spend $105.97, while the worst case is $1,122.99. Other costs are not included, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expense, so the total cost must be higher than my calculation.
The Compensation Plan
Here we come the most difficult part of any MLM business. The rules are complicated, and they all like to create their own terms and acronyms to make things worse. I have headaches every time I read them, but no worries today, I’ve made things easier for you as below:
- Customer Bonuses: Earn income from product sales made by you and your downline customers
- First Order Bonus: Earn 25% for the first orders placed by new Associates or new Preferred Customers
- Mentor Bonus: Earn a $30-$100 bonus when your team grow with 750 DPV or above
- Uni-Level Payouts: 2-8% on the CV of your team makes, this goes up to 7 levels deep
- Leader Check Match: 2.5-20% on your downline Executive Directors and higher when you hit Silver Executive Director(SED) or above, see chart below
- Global Pool Bonus: Earn 0.5-5% from 1.5% of Mannatech’s global finished product sales.
Feel dizzy? You can watch the below YouTube video or check the detailed compensation plan HERE. Just remember two things, sell as many Mannatech products as possible and recruit as many people & teach them to do the same. Once done that, you’ll start receiving commissions, bonuses, and incentives.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
For associates, there is no monthly requirement.
For Silver Associate, you need to have 150 Personal Point Volume(PPV) and at least two active legs with 350 Downline Point Volume(DPV). For Gold Associate, you need to have 150 PPV and at least two active legs with 750 DPV.
The higher the ranks, the more Personal Point Volume and Downline Point Volume you need to accumulate.
Ugly Truth About Mannatech
TOP#1 Expensive Products
Like other health and wellness MLMs, Mannatech products are expensive than brands you can find in the retail store or online. That is because it needs to pay all independent associates commissions by selling the products and doing the promotions. It’s the same for every MLM in the industry.
Taking its Manna-C as an instance, it is a vitamin C with other herbal blends which costs $37.99 for 60 capsules. There are the other two highest-rated products that only cost $16-$25.
What is the point for people buying two-time expensive vitamin C capsules from you when they can find cheaper alternatives online? You need to think about what makes them stand out from the crowd…
TOP#2 Saturated & Competitive Market
When it comes to the health and wellness market, it’s saturated and competitive. I am sure there must be some brands that just flashed through your mind when you read this paragraph, right?
Not only do you need to compete with other health and wellness MLM companies that offer similar products but also drugstore brands and high-end brands. I’ve reviewed many MLMs here on my website, name a few here to prove my point:
TOP#3 Low-Income Potentials
I found some interesting numbers from the 2019 income disclosure:
- As of December 31, 2019, Mannatech had a total of 35,593 Associates in the United States.
- 95.65% of independent associates earn $0 in 2019
- 0.18% earn more than 20k per year in 2019
- 0.06% make decent money in 2019
Ask yourself, are you the kind of person who can stick to your plan after countless rejections? or you don’t mind spending your days recruiting and cold callings. I don’t really think it’s an opportunity to help others feel great and get paid for your success since it’s highly possible that you end up losing money.
Mannatech had lots of lawsuits in the past, and this alone could trip people away. What are you gonna answer when people ask about some lawsuits? They probably want to avoid an MLM with lawsuits but find another MLM without any dark history, right? You need to take all of these into serious considerations.
- In 2017, Mannatech received an FDA warning letter for illegally marketing several products as medicinal agents and for selling adulterated and misbranded products.
- In 2009, Mannatech settled the civil complaint with the State of Texas by paying $4 million in restitution to clients who purchased products and $2 million to the state to cover its costs in the case.
- In 2008, Mannatech settled the class-action lawsuit by agreeing to pay $11.25 million to the plaintiff class. As part of the settlement, Mannatech admitted no wrongdoing.
What I Liked About Mannatech
TOP#1 The longevity
It’s often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years.
Mannatech operates since 1993, and it’s a legitimate MLM company that offers health and wellness products for people’s daily life. It’s a good sign that they won’t disappear or collapse tomorrow.
TOP#2 Mission Five Million(M5M)
Mannatech founded Mission Five Million to help fight global malnutrition by nourishing children around the world since 2009. During these years, they’ve generated over 122 million servings of nutritional support for malnourished children.
It’s good to see Mannatech does charity and gives back to society no matter it’s a publicity stunt or anything else.
TOP#3 A 180-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Mannatech provides a 180-day money-back guarantee for any products that don’t meet your expectations or you are not satisfied with. Within 180 days of purchase, you could request an exchange or refund of the product price and applicable tax.
Can You Make Money Selling Mannatech?
Yes, I am sure you can make money with Mannatech, especially those extroverts who like to meet different people and talk about the same products over and over again. If you were this type of person, I don’t see harm to join Mannatech.
Based on the 2019 income disclosure, only 0.06% of Mannatech distributors make decent money per year. So, it’s obviously not a “work from home and be your own boss” opportunity. I don’t recommend you quit your 9-5 jobs and make this your primary income in the beginning since it’s far from enough to pay your bills.
Is Mannatech A Pyramid Scheme?
Let’s read Wikipedia’s definition of a pyramid scheme. “A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.”
Mannatech offers health and wellness products that help people live healthier, so we cannot call it a pyramid scheme. However, some people call it a pyramid scheme because most compensation plans mainly focus on recruitment instead of products sales.
Is Mannatech A Scam?
No, it’s not a scam either. Normally, a scam or a pyramid scheme cannot survive the first year once people complain and report to the authority. Mannatech operates since 1993. If they were a scam, they couldn’t survive this long and keep growing for the next decade.
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top-pick? Read on to find out more!
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting Mannatech products in person. Try to imagine you sell Mannatech products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted only to promote Mannatech products. You can promote anything you like!
You only need to create a website with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your products reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full WA review or click the below link to start your WA journey.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full-time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks, WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.