You are here probably because someone introduced you to some LifeVantage products and the business opportunity, but what is LifeVantage about? If yes, you’ve come to the right place.
In my LifeVantage review, I’ll walk you through the below topics to help you make up your mind.
- What Is LifeVantage About?
- How to Make Money with LifeVantage?
- The Compensation Plan
- Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling LifeVantage?
- Is LifeVantage A Pyramid Scheme?
- Is LifeVantage A Scam?
Before we start exploring this seemingly good opportunity, I like to promise you something first.
I am not associated with LifeVantage in any form, so you won’t see me pitching or pushing to click a “JOIN NOW” button. This review is my approach to examine whether it delivers or keeps things under promise. If yes, I’ll take a shot; if not, I will steer clear. Without further ado, let’s dive deep.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is LifeVantage About?
-Summary of LifeVantage-
Product Name: LifeVantage
Founders: Darren Jensen in 1988
Product Type: A Health and Wellness MLM(Multi-Level Marketing)
Price: $50 Start Kit+ $350-$1,250 Enrollment Packs + $40-130 Monthly Requirements
LifeVantage is a health and wellness MLM company that sells various products and offers a chance to start your own business. The flagship product is the famous Protandim that claims to reduce oxidative stress by 40% in just 30 days, which got proven to work by scientists.
Darren Jensen built LifeVantage back in 1988 as a retail store, and it used to be called LifeLine Therapeutics, LifeLine Nutraceuticals, and Yaak River Resources, Inc. In 2009, they adopted a direct sales business model and became LifeVantage.
However, is this a good opportunity to work from home & be your own boss? Let me show you more details right below, so you’ll get more information to be the judge yourself.
They have a wide range of health and wellness products, and you can also join the business opportunity to sell LifeVantage products and recruit people to make money.
LifeVantage products fall into the below categories:
- Nutrition: Protandim, omega 3, probiotics, energy mix, etc
- Beauty: Facial/body wash, lotion, deodorant, soothing balm, hair care products
- Fitness: Whey protein, fat-burn capsules, and prebiotic
- Pets: Petandim for dogs
- Donation: $1-$100 of donation to LifeVantage Legacy
The flagship product is the famous Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer, and some of you might hear of it before reading this review. It was proven to work for reducing oxidative stress by 40% in just 30 days, and it also gets the below health benefits:
- Helps the body detoxify genes, keeping the master blueprint of the cell’s function intact *
- Significantly reduces cellular stress through Nrf2 activation *
- Helps to regulate survival genes *
- Supports the body’s natural ability to repair and rejuvenate its own cells *
Do you notice that there are tiny asterisks at the end of all the above-mentioned benefits? This means *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
So, you can’t really use those wordings to promote the products. Otherwise, you’ll get yourself into trouble and face legal issues.
Do LifeVantage Products Work?
I don’t use LifeVantage products myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences. I managed to find what others said about Protandim on Amazon, both positive and negative. I hope they help you well.
Before joining any MLM business, it’s vital to know what products you are getting yourself into. You better try the products yourself beforehand. If the products work on you to make you feel a huge difference, you gain more confidence to sell the products to your customers.
-The Positive Reviews-
-The Negative Reviews-
How To Make Money With LifeVantage?
There are two ways to make money with LIfeVantage, and it’s the same for every MLM company.
- Selling products to make commissions
- Recruiting people to become your downlines to hit group sales target for extra bonuses and incentives
To start your LifeVantage journey, you will have to purchase the $50 start kit with the LifeVantage product guide, quick start guide, welcome letter, personalized referral site, personalized back-office reporting site, and access LifeVantage mobile app.
The second step is to purchase one of the enrollment packs, and here are the options:
- Silver Enrollment Pack $350
- Gold Enrollment Pack $650
- Platinum Enrollment Pack $1,250
The cost doesn’t stop here! (What?)
To stay active with LifeVantage, there is a minimum monthly requirement. For every distributor, it’s 100PV in 49 calendar days, which is around $130 worth of products, or your account will be suspended.
However, there are small prints on the compensation plan that said that you also need to purchase 40PV($50) personally for yourself to keep your account active…wow, that’s a lot of money we are talking about here.
Now, we can try to calculate the total cost to become a LifeVantage distributor in the first year:
- Start Kit $50
- Enrollment Packs $350-$1,250
- Monthly Requirement $130*12=$1,560
- Personal Requirement $50 *12=$600
The best case is to spend $2,560, while the worst case is $3,460. Other costs are not included, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expense, so the total cost must be higher than my calculation.
Compared to a brick-and-mortar business, it’s far less, but it’s still a huge investment for everyday people like you and me.
The Compensation Plan
Like other MLM companies, the compensation plan is the hardest thing to understand. I have migraines every time I read them. Don’t worry here. I’ve tried my best to make things easier for you.
- Retail Sales Profit: Earn commissions between distributor price and retail price
- Smart Start Bonus: Earn 30-40% of the sales made by you and your downlines in your first 30 days of enrollment
- Launch Bonus: Earn 1-5% of CV when you hit the rank of pro 3 with 200PV
- Unilevel Commissions: See chart below
- Generational Matching Bonus: Earn 5-10% of all personally enrolled distributors’ unilevel commissions when you hit the rank of pro 3 with 200PV in a given month
- Global Elite Bonus Pool: Earn 4% of the total global product volume when you are Elite Pro 7 and above
- One-time Rank Achievement Bonus: Earn a one-time bonus from $100,000-$500,000 when you hit Master Pro 10 or above
- Multiple Business Centers: Build additional legs to earn additional bonuses and sales commissions for when you hit Premier Pro 5
Having a headache now? Just remember to sell as many LifeVantage products as possible and recruit people & teach them to do the same. You’ll start receiving commissions, bonuses, and incentives.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
You need to have a 100PV($130) product volume and 40PV($50) personal purchases to stay active. The higher the ranks, the more product volume you need to achieve.
Ugly Truth About LifeVantage
TOP#1 Expensive Products
Like other health & wellness MLMs, LifeVantage’s products are more expensive than those you can find online. It’s the same for every health & wellness MLM company so that they can pay their distributors commissions to save the marketing and advertising costs.
I’ve reviewed some MLMs that offer similar products as LifeVantage, name a few to prove my point:
Taking the LifeVantage Probiotics as an instance, it costs $50.99 for 90 capsules, while the other highest-rated similar products only cost $5.5-10.
They share the same health benefits, and every product has similar ingredients. If people can get 5 times cheaper products online, what is the point people buy LifeVantage products from you? What makes LifeVantage products stand out from the crowd?
TOP#2 Low-Income Potentials
I found some interesting numbers from the 2020 income disclosure. Let’s read them!
- 75.63% of paid distributors make $4 per month
- 21.28% of paid distributors make less than $1,000 per month
- Only 0.211 of paid distributors make decent money with LifeVantage
This list only shows the gross earnings instead of the net earnings, so the real average earnings must be so much lower than what we saw today. I don’t think it’s really a “work from home and be your boss” opportunity, so think twice before making the final decision.
TOP#3 Hidden Monthly Cost
Besides the expensive products and the low-income potential, there is another pain in the head, the monthly required product volume(100PV, $130) and personal volume(40PV, $50.)
If you cannot sell the products to anyone around you, you probably purchase the products yourself to keep active. After a few months, your storeroom will be full of unused products, and your debt is also stockpiling.
You and other distributors who try to stay active become LifeVantage’s most loyal customers, and that’s probably why people fail to make money with any MLM companies.
TOP#4 Regulatory and Legal Issues
If you like to become one of LifeVantage’s distributors, you should know about what red flags they had in the past.
- In 2018, Sommers Schwartz, P.C. today announced that it had filed a securities class action lawsuit against LifeVantage for operating as a pyramid scheme.
- In 2017, FDA sent a warning letter to LifeVantage for labeling Protandim as a drug because it is intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. Still, all of these are not evaluated by FDA.
What I Liked About LifeVantage
TOP#1 The Longevity
It’s often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years.
LifeVantage started its operation in 1988, and it’s a legitimate MLM company that offers health and wellness products for people living a healthier life. It’s a good sign that they won’t disappear tomorrow.
TOP#2 LifeVantage Legacy
LifeVantage Legacy is the organization committed to impacting the lives of one million children through programs and initiatives that make a lasting impact on future generations.
They have partnered with the nonprofit Families Helping Families to build and furnish houses in poverty-stricken areas and have already contributed 25 separate homes.
Donating to the charity or giving back to the community is good no matter it’s a publicity stunt or not, and I hope such donations go to where it’s supposed to be.
TOP#3 A 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Based on the refund and return policy, any unopened products and marketing materials could be returned within thirty (30) days of purchase, and you’ll receive a 100% refund. Every returned product should come with an RMA(Return Merchandise Authorization) issued through Distributor Support.
TOP#4 The LifeVantage App
In the LifeVantage app, you get access to your own personal website and detailed back-end analytics that give you the insights to run your business effectively.
Here is what you can do with the LifeVantage App:
- Find your prospects from your contacts and follow up
- Share cart
- Send enrollment link
- Schedule calls with your uplines & track downlines
- Register for events
- Get promotional videos and articles
- Check commissions, rank status, and more
Can You Make Money Selling LifeVantage?
Yes, I am sure you can make money with LifeVantage, especially those extroverts who like to meet different people and talk about the same products repeatedly. If you were this type of person, any MLM business opportunity like LifeVantage is a MUST-GO.
Based on the 2020 income disclosure, only 0.21% of LIfeVantage distributors make decent money per year. So, it’s obviously not a “work from home and be your own boss” opportunity. I don’t recommend you quit your 9-5 jobs and make this your primary income in the beginning since it’s far from enough to pay your bills.
Is LifeVantage A Pyramid Scheme?
Let’s read Wikipedia’s definition of a pyramid scheme. “A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.”
LifeVantage offers health and wellness products that help people live healthier, so we cannot call it a pyramid scheme. However, some people call it a pyramid scheme because most compensation plans mainly focus on recruitment instead of products sales.
Is LifeVantage A Scam?
No, it’s not a scam either. Normally, a scam or a pyramid scheme cannot survive the first year once people complain and report to the authority. LifeVantage also operates for three decades so far. If they were a scam, they couldn’t survive this long and keep growing for the next decade.
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top-pick? Read on to find out more!
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting LifeVantage products in person. Try to imagine you sell LifeVantage products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promote one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your own schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
You only need to create a website with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your products reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full WA review or click the below link to start your WA journey.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full-time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks, WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!