Have no idea what is an affiliate program or is it safe? I got you.
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways to make money online, so you like to dig deeper before starting.
Newbies need the advice to understand the difference between a merchant and an affiliate. Is there anything you need to be careful about? This is what I will tell you in this post.
What Is An Affiliate Program? Is It Safe?
Simply put, affiliate programs are usually safe to join, and promote affiliate products to make monthly recurring commissions. There is something you need to pay attention to. For example, the right affiliate programs for your chosen niche, the locations you should put affiliate links, the affiliate program’s KPIs, and what you should avoid in affiliate marketing.
1. What Is An Affiliate Program?
Affiliate programs(aka associate programs) are agreements between online merchants and affiliate marketers. In the agreement, there are rules that affiliate marketers must follow to get commissions if they convert leads into sales.
You should always choose affiliate programs that are relevant to your niche. If you run a fitness & health niche, you would not promote kitchenware products, right? Amazon is a good place for starters trying affiliate marketing.
Besides Amazon, affiliate networks are where you find affiliate programs. Here are some:
- Commission Junction
💡Pro Tip: How To Find Your Niche? 100 Niche Ideas!
2. What Is An Affiliate Link?
Once you’ve joined affiliate programs, you’ll get unique affiliate links that you can put in your blog posts.
Whenever people click your affiliate link, your affiliate ID will be stored in a cookie, which the companies can track your referrals’ purchases.
You can share your affiliate links on many platforms, such as your blog, website, social media accounts, or even Linkedin. I prefer to run a blog with quality content that answer your audience’s questions and put my affiliate links in the last paragraph of an article.
💡Pro Tip: How I Find Affiliate Programs Effortlessly?
3. What Are The KPIs For Affiliate Programs?
How to know your affiliate programs are as effective as they can be? Yes, the KPIs(Key Performance Indicators.)
Based on this article, there are the top 7 KPIs you can focus on:
- Return On Investment
- Number of Clicks
- The Number of Sales
- Affiliate Engagement Rate
- Affiliate-Driven Customer Loyalty
- Real Cost Per Engagement
- Chargeback Costs and Returns
You can also try promoting products you love using or with great value. Your quality content helps your readers to find the perfect product for their questions, and you increase the odds of making affiliate sales to earn commissions.
💡Pro Tip: Affiliate Marketing For Beginners In 2022. A Step-by-Step Tutorial!
4. What Should You Avoid In Affiliate Marketing?
To build a long-term affiliate marketing business, some mistakes you should avoid.
- Spending so much time designing your WordPress blog without creating high-quality content
- Focusing on selling before helping your audience
- Ignoring SEO basics/site speed/mobile version of your blog
- Neglecting readability of content
💡Pro Tip: The Best WordPress Theme! Fast & Lightweight!
You now understand what is an affiliate program and if is it safe, and let’s rewind.
- Affiliate programs(aka associate programs) are agreements between online merchants and affiliate marketers.
- You’ll get unique affiliate links that you can put in your blog posts, and affiliate companies can track your referrals’ purchases by cookies.
- There are some KPIs when you choose affiliate programs.
- It would help if you always focused on helping your readers before selling.
I hope my blog post helps you today and you get information on how to focus on your affiliate marketing business. If you have anything to say, don’t hesitate to comment below. I will reply within 24 hours.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!