Oriflame comes from Sweden and it provides mainly the cosmetics products for all beauty consultants to make sales for commissions. You may be interested in Oriflame’s business opportunity and the compensation plan, so you come across my Oriflame review.
If yes, I can see you are doing your researches well before joining any MLMs or other online programs. This step is so crucial that it could keep our hard-earned money safe without being fallen to the wrong hands. You are on the right track.
And, I am not writing this review to sell you Oriflame products or to request you to click a “BUY NOW” button. What I like to share today is to evaluate whether Oriflame suits my personality or not. You are more than welcome to join me for this evaluation and to know everything about Oriflame before your final decision. How cool is that?
Let’s explore Oriflame with more details further down.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What is Oriflame?
-Summary of Oriflame-
Product Name: Oriflame
Founders: Founded by Jonas Jochnick, Robert Jochnick, Bengt Hellsten in 1967
Product Type: Beauty, Skincare & Cosmetics MLM
Price: Free to join, business starter kits from ￡92
Rating: 50 / 100
Oriflame comes from Sweden and runs business operations through a direct selling model for more than 53 years so far. They mainly focus on cosmetics products and target female consumers. There are over 3 million independent beauty consultants who share, promote and sell its beauty and wellness products around the globe. You could get Oriflame products in over 60 markets, and Oriflame reports $1.5 billion Euros in annual sales.
They also set a high standard for the process of manufacturing products such as sustainability strategy, minimize our business’ environmental footprint, and strict European standards. You’ll have more confidence to become one of the beauty consultants when you understand the mission behind all the Oriflame products.
What’s inside Oriflame?
“Cosmetics products!” Yes, this is the first thought that came to people’s minds when they think of Oriflame. They have a high emphasis on beauty products, but they also have other products such as skincare, fragrance, and wellness products. You won’t run out of Oriflame products to sell in a short time.
- Make-Up: Foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blush, nail polish, lipsticks, etc.
- Skincare: Cleanser, toners, eye creams, sunscreens, anti-aging products, etc.
- Fragrance: Pretty much explains itself.
- Bath & Body: Body wash, body moisturizers, deodorants, scrubs, oral care, etc.
- Hair: Shampoo, conditioner, styling spray & mousse, hair mask, etc.
- Accessories: Earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, sunglasses, etc.
- Wellness: Multivitamin, Omega 3, bilberry extract, chocolate/vanilla/strawberry shake, etc.
- Men: Fragrance, moisturizing gel, body wash, shaving foam, soothing cream, etc.
Do Oriflame Products Work?
I don’t personally use Oriflame, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. If you want to join any MLMs, it would be better you try their products first then decide to sign up as one of the beauty consultants. By doing so, you will have more ideas about how good the products are or how to describe them to your potential customers.
Here is what I found on Amazon that people think about Oriflame Diamond Cellular Anti-Aging Cream. It gets a 3.3 out of 5-star ratings, so it’s not bad for this product.
How Does Oriflame Work?
In the MLM industry, you could make money by the below two methods:
- Sell Oriflame products to make retail commissions
- Recruit people to join Oriflame under you to make group sales for extra bonuses and rewards
Before we dive deep for the Oriflame compensation plan, I want to talk about how you get started with Oriflame.
First of all, you need to either sign up with your Oriflame consultant or Oriflame allocates one for you, so it’s inevitable to become someone’s downline before you start your Oriflame journey.
Secondly, you need to purchase a starter kit (￡92), sample items, or a catalog as your props when you show your friends, family or anyone.
Third, you could start selling Oriflame once you have the starter kits on hand.
The Compensation Plan
Like other MLMs, Oriflame has a complicated compensation plan, so I will only talk about the basics that you should know about.
- Retail Discount: You sell Oriflame products to your customers at retail prices, but you only pay for the wholesales price. The differential price gaps are your discount, and it’s ranging from 20%-35%.
- Retail Commission: Besides the retail discount, there is an extra 5% discount once you reach Elite Consultant. When you become Group Manager, you get 5% on personal & indirect consultants in your team and 9% on direct consultants + 6% on direct group manager sales.
- Central District Commission: When you become a District Manager, you get an extra 4.5% commissions on your entire central district. When you go up to Senior District Manager, if you promote out any direct districts in your team, you will receive an extra 6%.
- Car Allowance: When you reach the Regional Manager or above, you get a car allowance of £1000 to £8000.
If you want more about the Oriflame compensation plan, you may check the Oriflame Success Plan 2017 HERE or watch the YouTube video created by Oriflame India team for a clear picture.
There are 10 levels in Oriflame ranking. You start as an independent consultant then start climb the ranking ladder up to the top – Executive Director with the most rewards. There is no average time unveiled about how long it takes to become an Executive Director.
Ugly Truth About Oriflame
TOP#1 Low Income Potential
We now understand Oriflame has the high-quality products, but without the proof that all consultants could get a nice and good income with the compensation plan, we still cannot make up our minds to join this business opportunity.
Based on the 2018 Oriflame annual report, every ACTIVE Oriflame beauty consultant earned approximately €419.1 annually, which was €35 per month. If you calculate the time every ACTIVE consultant spent on building the team and promoting the business opportunity, I would say the hourly wage seems very low on average. You’ll be better if you find a job in the local Mcdonald’s store, right?
I won’t quit my job by only selling Oriflame products because it’s only enough to cover some of my bills, and I will only take this as another income resource & find a better alternative to make money online.
Since Oriflame runs business more than 50 years so far, it’s easy to find other consultants doing the same in your region. It gets competitive when you start your business, and it’s possible to get rejections often because you are selling to the customers that placed orders to other Oriflame consultants.
It’s the same as Amway, Herbalife, Avon, and Nu Skin, all of these are competitive. Let’s think positively! You may try your butt off to replace other consultants in your region by diligence, patience, and persistence.
TOP#3 Expensive Products
This one is quite normal in the industry. MLMs always mark up the prices for every product, so they can pay consultants the retail discounts and commissions as returns. If you compare the prices of similar items on Amazon/Walmart, it would be easy to find out that Oriflame doubles or triples the prices.
What I Liked About Oriflame
TOP#1 A Long History
You should know that 5 out of 10 new companies cannot make it in the first 5 years, and it’s good to see Oriflame is a 53-year-old company. Oriflame seems like a mom for all the other following MLMs, and they must know how to do things correctly in business.
When a company that runs longer than 50 years, people tend to believe that it is a good and legitimate company, right?
TOP#2 On the Go
In 2020, we need a way to handle all the hassles on our palms, and Oriflame has launched the Oriflame Business app to help you with this.
You could follow up below things for your business on Oriflame Business app as a piece of cake:
- A quick-access current and recent campaigns
- Receive real-time notifications about your team’s progress
- View recruitment rates
- Search your entire Personal Group
- View who’s placed an order (and who hasn’t!)
- Instantly connect with, motivate and congratulate team members
- View your starters, recruits and Welcome Program qualifiers
- Get instant notifications when a starter joins your Personal Group
- Powerful communication options for starters and your entire downline
- See the latest alerts, product launches and info
- Create and send group or individual messages
Who’s Oriflame For?
Women that use and love Oriflame products and want to share with everyone. If you happen to have a strong presentation, planning, and recruitment skill, you must try Oriflame to make extra money.
If like me, not using any cosmetics products, you need to find another way to generate an income resource. I will share mine in one minute.
Can You Make Money Selling Oriflame?
Just like I mentioned in the last paragraph, women that use and love the products and cannot wait one second to share with everyone she knows has a higher possibility to make money with Oriflame.
I am not saying you cannot make money if you don’t use and love the products, but it’s highly possible to make more sales if you love the products that you are selling, right?
Is Oriflame A Scam?
No, Oriflame is not a scam nor a pyramid scheme, and I don’t think a scam company could walk that long for 53 years. Oriflame provides legitimate and high-quality products to all consultants to make sales for commissions, and there are women that make money with this business opportunity.
Before you join Oriflame, I hope you think twice and be responsible for every decision you make. Let’s rewind for things I loathe about Oriflame:
- Low-income potential, you could make €35 per month for the first few years if you are active.
- This business opportunity is competitive in your region since there are other consultants are doing the same.
- Those expensive products make it difficult to convince people buying in the condition that people find the same type of products with lower prices on Amazon or Walmart.
If you have a concern for any above, you will be interested in my alternative to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Oriflame products in person. Try to imagine you sell Oriflame products to your friends, family, or anyone you know, don’t you feel embarrassed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t even need to buy any physical or digital products and sell to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as you downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Oriflame products. You can promote anything you like!
What you need to do is to create a website, YouTube channel, or Facebook/Instagram with quality content that makes your target audience trust you then purchase through your affiliate links. If they do purchase, you earn commissions. Simple as that!
The platform I am using is Wealthy Affiliate. The reasons are all the WA training courses, LIVE training sessions every Friday night, 24/7 SiteSupport, and the world-famous/awards-winning WA community!
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full review below.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.