Oriflame comes from Sweden, and it provides cosmetics products for all brand partners to promote.
In my Oriflame review, I will walk you through the whole thing with the below topics:
- What Is Oriflame?
- How To Make Money With Oriflame?
- Oriflame Compensation Plan
- Oriflame Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling Oriflame?
- Is Oriflame A Scam?
And, I am not writing this review to sell you Oriflame products or recruit you under my team. What I like to share today is to evaluate whether Oriflame suits me or it delivers. Let’s get started!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Oriflame?
-Summary of Oriflame-
Product Name: Oriflame
Founders: Founded by Jonas Jochnick, Robert Jochnick, Bengt Hellsten in 1967
Product Type: Beauty, Skincare & Cosmetics MLM
Price: join fee ￡19 + starter kit ￡25
Oriflame comes from Sweden and runs business operations through a direct selling model for more than 5 decades. They mainly focus on cosmetics products and target female consumers. You can also become its distributor to make money by promoting the products.
There are over 3 million brand partners who promote its beauty and wellness products around the globe. You could get Oriflame products in over 60 markets, and Oriflame reports 1.5 billion Euros in annual sales.
They also set a high standard for the process of manufacturing products, such as sustainability strategy, minimize our business’ environmental footprint, and strict European standards. You’ll have more confidence to become a brand partner.
However, is this a “work from home” & “be your own BOSS” opportunity? That’s what I am going to cover in my Oriflame review. Let me share more details, so you can judge yourself.
What’s Inside Oriflame?
“Cosmetics products!” Yes, this is the first thought that came to people’s minds when they think of Oriflame. They emphasize beauty products, but they also have skincare, fragrance, and wellness products. You won’t run out of Oriflame products to promote.
- Cosmetics: Foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blush, nail polish, lipsticks, etc.
- Skincare: Cleanser, toners, eye creams, sunscreens, anti-aging products, etc.
- Fragrance: Pretty much explains itself.
- Bath & Body: Body wash, body moisturizers, deodorants, scrubs, oral care, etc.
- Hair: Shampoo, conditioner, styling spray & mousse, hair mask, etc.
- Accessories: Earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, sunglasses, etc.
- Wellness: Multivitamin, Omega 3, bilberry extract, chocolate/vanilla/strawberry shake, etc.
- Men: Fragrance, moisturizing gel, body wash, shaving foam, soothing cream, etc.
For more details about Oriflame, feel free to check the online catalog HERE.
Do Oriflame Products Work?
I don’t use Oriflame products, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. If you want to join any MLMs, it’s better to try their products first and then sign up as one of the brand partners.
By doing so, you will have more ideas about how good the products are or how to describe them to your potential customers.
Taking Oriflame Diamond Cellular Anti-Aging Cream as an instance, it gets a 3.3 out of 5-star ratings. You can also do your online research to know their overall reviews on major e-commerce sites.
How To Make Money With Oriflame?
In the MLM industry, there are two ways to make money:
- Sell Oriflame products to make retail commissions
- Recruit people under you to hit group sales for extra bonuses and incentives
You don’t actually make money by recruiting people under your team but by the sales they made. This is the difference between calling it a pyramid scheme and a legitimate MLM business.
First, you need to either sign up with your Oriflame brand partner or Oriflame allocates one for you, so it’s inevitable to become someone’s downline.
Secondly, you need to pay a joining fee of ￡19 + a starter kit of ￡25. These kits include sample items or a catalog as your props when showing your friends, family, or anyone.
Third, you could start selling Oriflame once you have the starter kit on hand.
Oriflame Compensation Plan
Like most MLMs, Oriflame has a complicated compensation plan, and reading them is a tough task, not to mention they create fancy terms and acronyms to make people see loads of ways to make money.
Here are the basics you should know before you join Oriflame.
- Personal Staggered Discount/Retail Discount: You sell Oriflame products to your customers at retail prices, but you only pay for the wholesales price. The differential price gaps are your discount, and it’s ranging from 20%-30%.
- Unilevel Bonus (UB): Earn 1%-12% of Unilevel Bonus based on your downline’s sales, and this goes to 5 levels deep.
- Generation Bonus (GB): Once you reach director levels, you’ll earn an extra 1%-3% bonus from your Personal Generation and Director generations below you.
If you still don’t understand, remember two things, sell the products and recruit people as much as possible. You will start making commissions once you turn yourself into a full-time sales manager and a recruiting machine.
There are 15 levels in the Oriflame ranking. Normally, the higher the ranks, the more requirements to achieve to maintain your status.
Ugly Truth About Oriflame
TOP#1 Oriflame Income Potential
Based on the 2021 Oriflame annual report, they mentioned, “In 2021, we paid out €249 million, a decrease from €315 million in 2020.”
We could calculate with the 3 million brand partners worldwide.
- In 2021, the average yearly income of all distributors was €0.83
- In 2020, the average yearly income of all distributors was €1.05
Can you imagine making €0.83-€1.05 in a year after working hours to promote Oriflame products?
I won’t quit my job by selling Oriflame products because it’s only enough to cover my bills, and it’s NOT an excellent opportunity to “work from home & be your own boss!”
TOP#2 Saturated & Competitive
I am sure some brands just flashed through your minds regarding the beauty and cosmetic market, right?
If you want to join Oriflame, you compete with MLM companies, drugstore & high-end brands. Not to mention that it’s challenging to convince people to switch from their preferred brands to Oriflame.
I reviewed some similar MLM companies not long ago on my website. Name a few here for your reference:
TOP#3 Expensive Products
This one is quite normal in the industry. MLMs mark up 30%-40% of product prices, so they can pay a small portion of earnings to brand partners.
If you compare the prices of similar items online, it’s easy to find that Oriflame doubles or triples the prices, making it hard to sell…
What I Liked About Oriflame
TOP#1 The Longevity
You should know that 5 out of 10 new companies cannot make it in the first five years, and it’s good to see Oriflame survives more than five decades.
When a company has existed that long, people tend to believe it is a good and legitimate company with more confidence. Oriflame won’t’ disappear all of a sudden.
Who Is Oriflame For?
Women who love skincare, haircare, and wellness products want to share with everyone. If you use Oriflame products and love using them daily, it’s highly possible to make money with Oriflame.
If you have strong presentation, planning, and recruitment skills, then Oriflame is a must-go for you.
Can You Make Money Selling Oriflame?
Yes, you can make money with Oriflame, but you probably make €0.83-€1.05 per year. There must be super affiliates who sit on the top ranks and make decent money, but I can find the correct data online.
Based on this FTC document, 99% of MLM participants lose money. Meaning only 1% make profits. So, it’s not a “work from home and be your own boss” opportunity.
I don’t recommend you quit your 9-5 jobs and make this your primary income since it’s far from enough to pay your bills, let alone support your family.
Is Oriflame A Scam or A Pyramid Scheme?
No, Oriflame is not a scam nor a pyramid scheme, and I don’t think a scam company could last for five decades.
Oriflame provides high-quality products to all brand partners to earn commissions, and people make money with this business opportunity.
Before you join Oriflame, I hope you think twice and be responsible for every decision you make. Let’s rewind for things I loathe about Oriflame:
- Low-income potential, you could make €0.83-€1.05 per year for the first few years if you are active.
- This business opportunity is saturated & competitive in your region since other brand partners are doing the same.
- Those expensive products make it difficult to sell to people when they can find the same products at lower prices online.
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top pick?
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting Oriflame products in person.
Imagine you sell Oriflame products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blush? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promoting one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
You are more than welcome to check my full Wealthy Affiliate review HERE, or click the button right below to start your online journey with us.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!