Oriflame comes from Sweden, and it provides cosmetics products for all brand partners to promote.
In my Oriflame review, I will walk you through the whole thing with the below topics:
- What Is Oriflame?
- How To Make Money With Oriflame?
- Oriflame Compensation Plan
- Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling Oriflame?
- Is Oriflame A Scam?
And, I am not writing this review to sell you Oriflame products or to request you to click a “BUY NOW” button. What I like to share today is to evaluate whether Oriflame suits me or it delivers. Let’s get started!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Oriflame?
-Summary of Oriflame-
Product Name: Oriflame
Founders: Founded by Jonas Jochnick, Robert Jochnick, Bengt Hellsten in 1967
Product Type: Beauty, Skincare & Cosmetics MLM
Price: join fee ￡19 + starter kit ￡20 + annual membership renewal fee £10
Oriflame comes from Sweden and runs business operations through a direct selling model for more than 5 decades.
They mainly focus on cosmetics products and target female consumers. There are over 3 million brand partners who promote its beauty and wellness products around the globe. You could get Oriflame products in over 60 markets, and Oriflame reports 1.5 billion Euros in annual sales.
They also set a high standard for the process of manufacturing products, such as sustainability strategy, minimize our business’ environmental footprint, and strict European standards. You’ll have more confidence to become a brand partner.
What’s Inside Oriflame?
“Cosmetics products!” Yes, this is the first thought that came to people’s minds when they think of Oriflame. They emphasize beauty products, but they also have skincare, fragrance, and wellness products. You won’t run out of Oriflame products to promote.
- Make-Up: Foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blush, nail polish, lipsticks, etc.
- Skincare: Cleanser, toners, eye creams, sunscreens, anti-aging products, etc.
- Fragrance: Pretty much explains itself.
- Bath & Body: Body wash, body moisturizers, deodorants, scrubs, oral care, etc.
- Hair: Shampoo, conditioner, styling spray & mousse, hair mask, etc.
- Accessories: Earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, sunglasses, etc.
- Wellness: Multivitamin, Omega 3, bilberry extract, chocolate/vanilla/strawberry shake, etc.
- Men: Fragrance, moisturizing gel, body wash, shaving foam, soothing cream, etc.
Do Oriflame Products Work?
I don’t use Oriflame products, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. If you want to join any MLMs, it’s better to try their products first and then sign up as one of the brand partners. By doing so, you will have more ideas about how good the products are or how to describe them to your potential customers.
Taking Oriflame Diamond Cellular Anti-Aging Cream as an instance, it gets a 3.3 out of 5-star ratings. You can also do your online researches to know their overall reviews on major e-commerce sites.
How To Make Money With Oriflame?
In the MLM industry, you could make money by the following:
- Sell Oriflame products to make retail commissions
- Recruit people under you to hit group sales for extra bonuses and incentives
You don’t actually make money by recruiting people underneath your team but by the sales they made. This is the difference between calling it a pyramid scheme and a legitimate MLM business.
First of all, you need to either sign up with your Oriflame brand partner or Oriflame allocates one for you, so it’s inevitable to become someone’s downline.
Secondly, you need to pay a joining fee of ￡19 + a starter kit ￡20 to start your Oriflame journey. These kits include sample items or a catalog as your props when showing your friends, family, or anyone.
Third, you could start selling Oriflame once you have the starter kits on hand.
Oriflame Compensation Plan
Like most MLMs, Oriflame has a complicated compensation plan, and reading them is a tough task, not to mention they create fancy terms and acronyms to make people see loads of ways to make money.
Here are the basics you should know before you join Oriflame.
- Personal Staggered Discount/Retail Discount: You sell Oriflame products to your customers at retail prices, but you only pay for the wholesales price. The differential price gaps are your discount, and it’s ranging from 20%-30%.
- Unilevel Bonus (UB): Earn 1%-12% of Unilevel Bonus based on your downline’s sales, and this goes to 5 levels deep.
- Generation Bonus (GB): Once you reach director levels, you’ll earn an extra 1%-3% bonus from your Personal Generation and Director generations below you.
If you still don’t understand, remember two things, sell the products and recruit people as much as possible. You will start making commissions once you turn yourself into a full-time sales manager and a recruiting machine.
There are 15 levels in the Oriflame ranking. Normally, the higher the ranks, the more requirements to achieve to maintain your status.
Ugly Truth About Oriflame
TOP#1 Low Income Potential
Based on the 2018 Oriflame annual report, every ACTIVE Oriflame brand partner earned approximately €419.1 annually, which was €35 per month.
If you calculate the time every ACTIVE brand partner spent on building the team and promoting the business, I would say the hourly wage seems very low on average. You’ll be better if you find a part-time job in the supermarket, right?
I won’t quit my job by only selling Oriflame products because it’s only enough to cover my bills, and it’s definitely NOT a good opportunity to “work from home & be your own boss!”
Since Oriflame runs a business for more than 50 decades so far, it’s easy to find other brand partners’ doing the same in your region.
It gets competitive when you start your business, and it’s possible to get rejections because you are selling to the customers who already place orders to other Oriflame brand partners in your region.
TOP#3 Expensive Products
This one is quite normal in the industry. MLMs mark up 30%-40% of product prices, so they can pay a small portion of earnings to brand partners.
If you compare the prices of similar items online, it’s easy to find out that Oriflame doubles or triples the prices, which makes it hard to sell…
What I Liked About Oriflame
TOP#1 The Logevity
You should know that 5 out of 10 new companies cannot make it in the first 5 years, and it’s good to see Oriflame survives more than 5 decades.
When a company exists that long, people tend to believe it is a good and legitimate company with more confidence, right?
TOP#2 On the Go
In 2020, we needed a way to handle all the hassles on our palms, and Oriflame has launched the Oriflame Business app that helps you with the below tasks easily:
- A quick-access current and recent campaigns
- Receive real-time notifications about your team’s progress
- View recruitment rates
- Search your entire Personal Group
- View who’s placed an order (and who hasn’t!)
- Instantly connect with, motivate and congratulate team members
- View your starters, recruits and Welcome Program qualifiers
- Get instant notifications when a starter joins your Personal Group
- Powerful communication options for starters and your entire downline
- See the latest alerts, product launches and info
- Create and send group or individual messages
Who Is Oriflame For?
Women who love skincare, haircare, and wellness products and want to share with everyone. If you use Oriflame products yourself and love using them every day, it’s highly possible to make money with Oriflame.
If you happen to have strong presentation, planning, and recruitment skill, then Oriflame is a must-go for you.
Can You Make Money Selling Oriflame?
Yes, you can make money with Oriflame, but you probably make €419.1 per year. There must be super affiliates who sit on the top ranks and make decent money, but I can find the correct data online.
Based on this FTC document, 99% of MLM participants lose money. Meaning only 1% actually make profits. So, it’s obviously not a “work from home and be your own boss” opportunity.
I don’t recommend you quit your 9-5 jobs and make this your primary income since it’s far from enough to pay your bills, let alone support your family.
Is Oriflame A Scam?
No, Oriflame is not a scam nor a pyramid scheme, and I don’t think a scam company could last for 5 decades.
Oriflame provides high-quality products to all brand partners to earn commissions, and people make money with this business opportunity.
Before you join Oriflame, I hope you think twice and be responsible for every decision you make. Let’s rewind for things I loathe about Oriflame:
- Low-income potential, you could make €35 per month for the first few years if you are active.
- This business opportunity is competitive in your region since there are other brand partners are doing the same.
- Those expensive products make it difficult to sell people when they can find the same products with lower prices online.
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top pick? Read on to find out more!
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting Oriflame products in person. Try to imagine you sell Oriflame products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promote one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your own schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
You only need to create a website with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your products reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed Tonight
Take Action To Start Making Money Today! 🙂
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!