Someone introduced you to SeneGence and the business plan. So, you want to know, “Is SeneGence A Pyramid Scheme?”
If yes, you’ve come to the right place. In my SeneGence review, I will cover the below topics to help you make up your mind.
- What Is SeneGence?
- SeneGence Product Lines
- How To Make Money With SeneGence?
- SeneGence Compensation Plan
- SeneGence Pros & Cons
- Is SeneGence A Pyramid Scheme?
- My Alternative to Make Money Online
You surely can make better decisions once you read this review to the end. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is SeneGence?
-Summary of SeneGence–
Product Name: SeneGence
Founders: founded by Joni Rogers-Kante in 1999
Product Type: Beauty and Cosmetics MLM(multi-level-marketing)
Price: $65 signup Fee + $395 demo kit+ $400 minimum requirement for a year
SeneGence is an MLM company that sells beauty & cosmetics products. You can also join its business plan to promote its products to make money as a distributor.
After becoming a top-level consultant with Mary Kay, Joni Rogers-Kante decided to create her own company with the same business model. She built SeneGence in 1999.
SeneGence has skincare, makeup products, accessories, and boutique products. They also do their best to be eco-friendly by using naturally-reoccurring ingredients, refraining from animal testing, and omitting external product packaging.
SeneGence has existed for more than two decades, and it runs the business in the United States, Canada, Australia, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
What’s Inside SeneGence?
The products and the business plan. Let’s start with the SeneGence product lines first.
SeneGence has skincare, makeup, and products for men. Here are the product lines:
- Skincare: Cleanser, Moisturizer, eye cream, eye luminator, etc.
- Face: Concealer, blush, foundation, makeup remover, etc.
- Eyes: Eyeliner, eye shadow, brow gel, waterproof mascara, lashExtend, etc.
- Lips: Lipstick, lip liner, lip gloss, lip balm, etc.
- Body: body wash, lotion, scrub, hand cream, mask, etc.
- SeneGence for Men: Gentle purifying cleanser and soothing shave cream
Does SeneGence Product Work?
I don’t use SeneGence products myself, so I cannot tell you my first-hand experience. But, based on my research, their most popular product – Lipsense, gets the most positive feedback on the internet.
I also found other negative reviews on Lipsense, so let’s read what happy and unhappy customers have to say.
How To Make Money With SeneGence?
Like other MLMs, there are two ways to make money with SeneGence. The first is selling SeneGence products to earn retail commissions, and the second is recruiting people to hit group sales to get extra bonuses.
First, you must sign up with SeneGence as a distributor, which costs you $65.
You must assign your sponsor, meaning you will become someone’s downline inevitably.
Besides a $65 sign-up cost, SeneGence also offers you five demo packs:
- Lips Pack $75(over $200 value)
- Glamour Demo PACK $395($1000 Retail value)
- Qualified Distributor PACK $345($830 value)
- $ignificant $ene$eller PACK $795($1,830 value)
- FAST START PACK $1,195($3,500 value)
To stay active with SeneGence, you need at least 100PV($200) in 6 months, meaning $400 a year. Now, let’s calculate the total cost of becoming a SeneGence distributor.
- $65 signup fee
- $75-$1,195 starter kits
- $400 yearly requirement to stay active
The best you can get is $540, while the worst is $1,660. I know it’s far less than a brick-and-mortar business, but it’s still a sweet burden for most of us.
Other costs, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expenses, are not included, so the total cost must be higher than my calculation here.
SeneGence Compensation Plan
MLM companies tend to create fancy terms and acronyms to make people see loads of ways to make money, making people sleepy. Don’t worry today, and I’ve made things easier for you.
You sell customers at retail prices, but you only pay SeneGence the wholesale prices. The gap is your commission.
For example, if you have 0 to 99.5 PV in one month, you can get a 20% discount on the retail price. If you can sell more than 750+ PV in your home parties, you can get up to 50% of commissions.
This is the multi-level marketing aspect in the SeneGence compensation plan, based on the uni-level downline system.
Once you join SeneGence, you will be the head of an organization. And you are eligible to earn five levels deep and infinitely wide.
Commissions are calculated by the total PV you or your team sold, which is capped at the first 100 PV per distributor in your downline.
- 1st level: you can earn 10% commissions
- 2nd level: you can earn 20% commissions
- 3rd level: you can earn 30% commissions
- 4th & 5th level: you can earn 5% commissions
There are some requirements needed for downline commissions.
- You must place a $200 PV order in the same calendar month.
- Have at least five 1st distributors that place a $100 PV order under you.
- Your downlines from level 1 to 3 must have an accumulative order volume of $15,000 PV+.
-Group Sales Volume Bonuses-
Besides Downline Commissions, SeneGene offers Group Sales Volume Bonuses, calculated from 101 PV onward.
- Level 1: Place a $100 PV order each month to earn 10% commissions from recruits in the first level of your downline.
- Level 2: Place a $300 PV order each month and have at least five level 1 and level 2 distributors who place a $300 PV order to earn 6% commissions.
- Level 3: Same as above, you must have five level 3 distributors who place a $300 PV order to earn 4% commissions.
- Level 4: Same as above, except five level 4 distributors who place a $300 PV order to earn 3% commissions.
- Level 5: Same as above, except five level 5 distributors who place a $300 PV order to earn 2% commissions.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
To keep active with SeneGence, you need to purchase 100PV($200 retail value) in 6 months.
If you cannot sell SeneGence products to anyone, you probably purchase the products for yourself to be eligible for commissions. This is why people have a stockpiling issue after joining an MLM business.
What I Liked About Senegence
TOP#1 A 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
I often see MLMs that offer a 30-day or 60-day money-back guarantee, but SeneGence provides a 90-day money-back guarantee!
SeneGence is proud of the product quality, and they are not afraid of a refund or replacement, so you will gain more confidence to promote the products and the business plan.
TOP#2 Unique Formulas
When Joni first started her SeneGence business, she went to the other side of the world with a team of scientists and botanists to find unique ingredients.
This is why the most famous SeneGence – Lipsense product could last longer than other lipsticks, and the unique formulas make SeneGence stand out from other MLMs.
TOP#3 Make Sense Foundation
Make Sense Foundation is a non-profit organization created in 2002 by Joni Rogers-Kante, founder and CEO of SeneGence International.
It aims to help women and kids suffering from hunger, poverty, domestic violence, abuse, homelessness, etc. They also provide training and educational opportunities to help them on the right track.
Ugly Truth About Senegence
TOP#1 No Income Disclosure
I can’t find the official income disclosure from SeneGence. An income disclosure with low numbers speaks louder, and I believe people need to see the results before joining this promising business opportunity.
The income disclosure is the most convincing proof that contributors make money, and the absence of the income disclosure is the biggest letdown for potential distributors.
TOP#2 Home Parties
But wouldn’t you feel awkward when you take out SeneGence products and start your demonstrations in the middle of the parties? I blushed when I imagined the scene, so this is not my thing.
TOP#3 Recruit, Recruit, and Recruit
Based on the SeneGence compensation plan, the more distributors under your team, the more commissions you will earn eventually. Meaning you cannot rely on selling SeneGence products to maximize your earnings. You need to do lots of recruitment.
Who Is SeneGence For?
People love SeneGence makeup and skincare products and cannot wait to share them with anyone. If you also like meeting new people, SeneGence could be a good fit.
For people like me, shy & introverted, I believe there are other ways to make money online. I will reveal my alternative in one minute. Read on!
Can You Make Money Selling SeneGence?
SeneGence has run the business for two decades and still survives in the MLM industry.
I believe there must be someone who makes a good living through the compensation plan. This is what I found on YouTube.
Is SeneGence A Pyramid Scheme?
No, SeneGence is not a pyramid scheme. It has legitimate products and a detailed compensation plan, so we cannot call it a pyramid scheme.
If they were a pyramid scheme, they couldn’t survive this long and keep growing for the next decade.
Before you join SeneGence, I hope my review gives you everything you need to know before starting. Think about the letdown:
- There is no income disclosure from SeneGence, so it’s hard to evaluate your earnings for the first few years.
- Second, you might host home parties to demonstrate SeneGence’s products to boost your sales.
- The last is endless recruitment.
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top pick? Feel free to check it right below.
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting SeneGence products in person.
Imagine you sell SeneGence to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since. Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promoting one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
So every time people land on your site to read your product reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. They may purchase the products or services via your links if they like it. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
You are more than welcome to check my full Wealthy Affiliate review HERE, or click the button right below to start your online journey with us.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!