You tried Plexus Slim(pink drink) to lose weight, and it seems a good opportunity for you to make money and control weight at the same time. But, you keep wondering “Is Plexus A Scam?”
First of all, I am not associated with Plexus, so you won’t see me selling its products or make you feel bad if you don’t click a “BUY NOW!” button. What I am sharing today is all my findings based on the business opportunity and the compensation plan.
Secondly, I can see you are doing your homework before proceeding to become one of the Plexus ambassadors. This is the first step to avoid being scammed by the wrong hands and keep your hard-earned money safe. You deserve a big HUG on this.
Let’s find out more about Plexus further down.
What is Plexus?
-Summary of Plexus-
Product Name: Plexus Worldwide
Founders: Founded by Tarl Robinson in 2006
Product Type: Weight management & Health MLM
Price: $34.95 Enrollment fee (Includes Success Kit) + $99/$199 starter kit
Rating: 10 / 100
Plexus Worldwide is founded by Tarl Robinson in 2006, and they called themselves as a company of “a leading direct-selling health and happiness company”.
They mainly sell the weight management products as below picture, and this is the most hype product – Plexus Slim. It is a powder mix you drink before any meal to control your hunger. They also included other product lines for all ambassadors to generate more sales, such as skin care, personal care, nutrition, etc.
With more than 550,000 entrepreneurial ambassadors worldwide, they delivered the fiscal year 2018 revenue of $2.9 billion, representing a 14% increase over fiscal 2017. Plexus Worldwide currently runs business operations in the USA, Canada, Australia, and Mexico.
What’s inside Plexus?
The first Plexus product comes to my mind is the famous “Plexus Slim”. I believe you might see this product once in a while when people claim that they lose weight successfully by it. But, Plexus Slim is not the only product that Plexus worldwide has to offer. Plexus also has other product lines.
- Weight Management: Plexus slim, whey meal replacement, metabolism boost capsules, etc
- Nutrition: Energy mix, multivitamin, multivitamins chewable for kids, etc.
- Joyōme Skincare: Collagen complex, day serum, intensive overnight repair, etc.
- Personal Care: body cream, soothing cream, breast self-examination kit.
- Combos: Everyday wellness combo, healthy weight essentials combo, performance combo, etc.
- Triple Packs: 3-day challenge pack, Joyōme 3-day beauty experience, Plexus balance 7-day trial pack, etc.
For more information about Plexus products, you may check HERE.
Do Plexus Products Work?
I don’t use Plexus products myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences. But, if you want to sell something, it’s better you try the products first, then it might give you more ideas about the products. If you love them and can’t wait to share with friends, it’s great to pursue a sales job selling Plexus products that you really like.
My curiosity kills me, so I went online to know what other people say about the Plexus Slim(Pink Drink). Here are what I found:
How Does Plexus Work?
In the MLM industry, there are two ways to make money. Plexus Worldwide is no exception.
- Sell Plexus Worldwide products to earn retail commissions
- Recruit people in your organization to generate group sales for extra rewards and bonuses
Before we go directly to the compensation plan, I would explain the details you need to know to start your Plexus journey.
Before purchasing Plexus products, you need to sign up as a preferred customer. But, at this stage, you cannot sell Plexus products to make money. You are only allowed to buy the products for your personal use.
If you want to take one step further to become an ambassador, there is a $39.95 sign-up fee and the yearly renewal fee is also $39.95. Once you have done the sign-up process, you can purchase a starter kit(welcome pack) for selling. Plexus offers many options HERE, and it takes time to pick up the perfect kit.
The Compensation Plan
Here we come the most important part of this article, take notes if you like to pursue a career with Plexus Worldwide.
- Preferred Customer Bonus: Each time your Preferred Customer places an order for a designated product or package you will earn a bonus. These bonuses range from $4 – $22 per product.
- Retail Commissions: Depending on your personal volume(PV), you can earn 15-25% commissions. This is paid on your personal volume minus the first 100 PV.
- Retail Override Commissions: Once you start to recruit ambassadors under you, you are eligible to earn 5% of the personal volume made by your level 1 ambassadors. This is paid on their personal volume minus the first 100 PV.
- Business Building Bonus: If your ambassadors purchase welcome packs, you earn an additional bonus.
- Achievement Bonus: Get one-time bonuses when you reach a new rank of Silver to Sr. Ruby for the first time.
- Plexus Points: You can earn Plexus Points for each Ambassador with 100PV or purchased a $199 Welcome Pack in a calendar month in your organization (up to 7 levels down), and you receive a bonus on the number of points you’ve earned.
- Emerald Pool Bonus/Sapphire Pool Bonus/Diamond Pool Bonus/Diamond Re-entry: Once you reach the top three ranks, you are now able to get 1%-50% of the company’s commissionable volume each month.
The above is almost everything you need to know, if you do want for details, feel free to check the official 16-page document HERE or watch the below Youtube video.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
For every ambassador, you need to have a minimum of 100 PV(personal volume) in a calendar month. This causes an issue that many ambassadors pay to keep their status instead of really selling the products to their potential customers.
Imagine that your basement and storeroom full of Plexus products just to make you eligible for commissions. How do you think about this? Leave a comment below if you got experiences to share!
There are 10 ranking levels in the system. You start as ambassadors and climb the ranking ladder up to Diamond Ambassador to enjoy a nice & decent income. Read on to find out the percentage of all ambassador who made it to Diamond Ambassador, and you might be shocked!
Ugly Truth About Plexus
TOP#1 Side Effects/Warning from FDA
Plexus mentioned their products are clinically proven, but I cannot find any 3rd party that could prove it’s real. On the other hand, I do find there are so many complaints about the side effects as below:
- Stomach ache
Besides the side effects, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ever warned Tarl Robinson, the founder of Plexus, for false claims that some Plexus products on the website can treat medical conditions. It’s totally illegal and they requested Tari to take prompt action to correct the violations.
Before you join this company, you also need to know about the dark sides of Plexus in the past.
TOP#2 Low Income Potential
Let’s see how much you can earn with Plexus! From the website, we could find the 2016 income disclosure.
The average annual income for all ambassadors is $301. $1,707 for Senior Ambassador level. $3,778 for Silver Ambassador. $10,237 for Gold Ambassador.
There might be enough to cover some of our bills, but it’s far from supporting all daily expenses and feeding the entire family, right?
Let’s see the 2018 income disclosure, will anything change after two years?
50% of ambassadors made more than $146 in 2018. (Excuse me?)
That is around $13 per month, and it barely supports you financially. So, if you are looking for quick money, Plexus might be the program you should ignore.
Top 1% Ambassadors made an average of $79,624 annually, and they took approximately 23 months to achieve the status. Remember, “23 months” is an average assumption, and it’s highly possible that people spend longer to achieve the same level.
Ask yourself, can you bear the pain that you only made less than $150 in the first few years to reach the top 1% in Plexus for an annual income of $79,624?
TOP#3 Expensive Products
If you ever search for the similar weight management products on Amazon, Walmart, or your preferred websites, it’s easy to find out that Plexus products are so expensive that I cannot take out my credit card without hesitation.
You should know that weight management is not only about the meal replacement or supplements. You need to exercise regularly and sleep well too. If you only take Plexus products without adjusting your lifestyle, it’s unlikely you could succeed in the long run.
What I Liked About Plexus
TOP#1 Nourish One/Plexus Charities
Nourish One is created by Plexus and Plexus Charities. For every serving of Plexus Lean Plexus sold, they will donate the equivalent of one meal to Feeding America – the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization.
Plexus Charities aims to fight hunger across the globe, and they already donated 14,594,508 meals to children and families as of this writing. I believe every company that earns profits should have the social responsibility to make our world a better place. It’s nice to see Plexus is doing something than nothing.
TOP#2 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
When I do my shopping online, there is one thing I scare – What if I don’t like them when I receive the real products because of the low quality? I guess you have the same concerns, right?
Plexus offers a 60-day money-back guarantee when you are not 100% satisfied, and they want you to feel happy and healthy without hassles. This could not be used for the promotion items, so be careful. If you purchase products from an ambassador, he/she will help you for the process.
Who’s Plexus For?
People whoever lost weight by using Plexus products and cannot wait any seconds to share with the world. If you are also good at planning, recruitment, and presenting, I encourage you to go for a try.
If you are like me, always keep in shape, I don’t think people will buy products from us since we are not that convincing. I do have my own way to make money online, and I will share with you in one minute.
Can You Make Money Selling Plexus?
Yes, scroll/slide up to see the income disclosure in both 2016 & 2018. There were around 1% of Plexus ambassadors generated a nice and decent income through the compensation plan and the business opportunity.
I am not saying you cannot succeed in making money with Plexus. Look at the success rate – 1%! Only 1% of all ambassadors can succeed. Will you visualize yourself as one of them? I really don’t.
Is Plexus A Scam?
No, Plexus is not a scam based on my findings. It provides all ambassadors the real products for generating various commissions and bonuses, and there were actually 1% of them who made a good living. So, Plexus is definitely not a scam.
If you ask me whether I would join Plexus to make money and quit my 9-5 job, my answer is “NO!”
WHY? The reasons are simple:
- The side effects/warning from FDA, people complained that they had many side effects after taking Plexus products. I cannot sell things like this to anyone I know, and these side effects might happen to them too.
- The low income potential, you could end up earning less than $300 in one year. You would be better off with a regular 9-5 job.
- The expensive products, people could find other similar products online with more competitive prices. This makes it harder to sell Plexus products to your customers.
I hope you could think thoroughly before signing up with Plexus, and be responsible for every decision you made. If you have “No way!” for any above, you will be interested in my way to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Plexus products in person. Selling Plexus products to your friends, family, or anyone you know equals a polite way to say “Hey, you are too fat, so I got something for you today to help you with this?” I do think they will avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t even need to buy any physical or digital products and sell to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Plexus products. You can promote anything you like!
You only need to create a website or YouTube channel with quality content that makes people trust you then purchase through your links.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. The reasons for “Why Wealthy Affiliate?” are for all the training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, 24/7 sitesupport, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full review in the below link.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.