Someone introduced you to Plexus to lose weight, which seems like an excellent opportunity to make money. But, you keep wondering, “Is Plexus A Scam?”
If yes, you’ve come to the right place. In my Plexus review, I will cover the below topics to walk you through the whole thing:
- What Is Plexus?
- How to Make Money with Plexus?
- Plexus Compensation Plan 2021
- Plexus 2020 Income Disclosure
- Who Is Plexus For?
- Can You Make Money Selling Plexus?
- Is Plexus A Scam?
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What is Plexus?
-Summary of Plexus-
Product Name: Plexus Worldwide
Founders: Founded by Tarl Robinson in 2006
Product Type: Weight management & Health MLM
Price: $109-$260 Starter Kit + 100PV monthly quota + $39.95 Renewal Fee
Plexus is an MLM company selling weight control and wellness products to help people stay in shape and live healthy lives. It also has a business plan that people could work as ambassadors(distributors), which I will discuss later.
Plexus Slim– is the most hype product, a powder mix you drink before any meal to control your hunger. They also included other product lines for all ambassadors to generate more sales, such as skin care, personal care, nutrition, etc.
With more than 550,000 entrepreneurial ambassadors worldwide, they delivered the fiscal year 2018 revenue of $2.9 billion, representing a 14% increase over fiscal 2017. Plexus Worldwide currently runs business operations in the USA, Canada, Australia, and Mexico.
What’s inside Plexus?
The first Plexus product that comes to mind is the famous “Plexus Slim.”
I believe you might see this product once in a while when people claim that they lose weight successfully by it.
But, Plexus Slim is not the only product that Plexus worldwide offers. Plexus also has other product lines.
- Weight Management: Plexus slim, whey meal replacement, metabolism boost capsules, etc
- Nutrition: Energy mix, multivitamins, multivitamins chewable for kids, etc.
- Skincare: Collagen complex, day serum, intensive overnight repair, etc.
- Personal Care: body cream, soothing cream, breast self-examination kit.
- Combos: Everyday wellness combo, healthy weight essentials combo, performance combo, etc.
Do Plexus Products Work?
I don’t use Plexus products, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences.
My curiosity kills me, so I went online to know what other people say about the Plexus Slim(Pink Drink). Here is what I found:
But, if you want to sell something, you should try the products first. Doing this gives you more ideas about the products.
If you love them and can’t wait to share them with friends, it’s great to pursue a sales job selling Plexus products.
How To Make Money With Plexus?
In the MLM industry, there are two ways to make money. Plexus Worldwide is no exception.
- Sell Plexus Worldwide products to earn retail commissions
- Recruit people in your organization to generate group sales for extra rewards and bonuses
Before we go directly to the compensation plan, let’s know how to start your Plexus journey.
Before purchasing Plexus products, you must sign up as a retail customer. But, at this stage, you cannot sell Plexus products to make money. You are only allowed to buy the products for your personal use.
If you want to take one step further to become an ambassador, there is no sign-up fee, but the yearly renewal fee is $39.95.
Once you have done the sign-up process, you can purchase a starter kit(welcome pack), ranging from $109 to $260.
- $109-$260 Starter Kit
- $125 monthly*12=$1,500
- $39.95 renewal fee
The best case is $1,648.95, while the worst could be $1,799.95. Other costs, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expenses, are not included, so the total cost must be higher than my calculation here.
Plexus Compensation Plan 2021
Here comes the most crucial part of this article – the Plexus Compensation Plan.
Most MLM likes to create fancy terms and acronyms to make people see loads of ways to make money online.
I have to admit that I feel dizzy every time reading them. Don’t worry here! I’ve tried my best to make things easier for you!
- Retail Rewards Commissions: Depending on your personal volume(PV), you can earn 25% commissions. This is paid on your PV minus the first 100 PV.
- One-Time Achievement Bonus: Earn $100-$750 when you first achieve some ranks.
- Business Building Bonuses: If your ambassadors purchase welcome packs, you earn $20-$55, up to 4 levels deep.
- Plexus Points: You can earn Plexus Points from each VIP Customer in your downline that has at least 25 PV or has purchased a Welcome Pack in that month.
- Other Reward Programs: pool bonus, car bonus, or lifestyle program bonus.
The above is almost everything you need to know. If you do want details, feel free to check the official 13-page document HERE.
How Much Do You Sell To Stay Active?
For every ambassador, you must have a minimum of 100 PV($125) in a calendar month.
This causes many ambassadors to pay to keep their status instead of selling the products to their downline customers.
Imagine your basement and storeroom full of Plexus products just to make you eligible for commissions. What do you think about this?
There are 11 ranking levels in the system.
You start as ambassadors and climb the ranking ladder up to Diamond Brand Ambassador to enjoy a nice & decent income.
Ugly Truth About Plexus
TOP#1 Side Effects/Warning from FDA
Plexus mentioned their products are clinically proven, but I cannot find any 3rd party that could prove it’s real. On the other hand, I do find there are so many complaints about the side effects as below:
- Stomach ache
Besides the side effects, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned Tarl Robinson, the founder of Plexus, for false claims that some Plexus products on the website can treat medical conditions.
TOP#2 Plexus 2020 Income Disclosure
Let’s see how much you can earn with Plexus! From the website, we could find the 2020 income disclosure with some interesting numbers.
Tell me, can you quit your 9-5 when you only make $544-$37,553 for a year? Can you bear the pain that you only made less than $544 in the first few years?
TOP#3 Expensive & Saturated
If you ever search for weight management products online, it’s easy to find that Plexus products are much more expensive.
You should know that weight management is not only about meal replacement or supplements. You need to exercise regularly and sleep well too. If you only take Plexus products without adjusting your lifestyle, it’s unlikely you could succeed in the long run.
I also wrote reviews for similar MLMs that provide weight control products. Name a few here to prove my point:
What I Liked About Plexus
TOP#1 Nourish One/Plexus Charities
Plexus and Plexus Charities found Nourish One. For every serving of Plexus Lean Plexus sold, they will donate the equivalent of one meal to Feeding America – the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization.
TOP#2 A 60-Day Money Back Guarantee
Plexus offers a 60-day money-back guarantee when you are not 100% satisfied.
They want you to feel happy and healthy without hassles. If you purchase products from an ambassador, he/she will help you with the process.
Who Is Plexus For?
Plexus suits those who lost weight by using Plexus products. If you are also good at presentation, recruitment, and sales skills, you must go for a try!
If you are like me, shy and introverted, I don’t think this is a good option. In one minute, I will share my alternative to making money online with you. Read on!
Can You Make Money Selling Plexus?
Yes, 1% of Plexus ambassadors generated a nice and decent income through the compensation plan and the business opportunity.
I am not saying you cannot succeed in making money with Plexus. Look at the success rate – 1%! Only 1% of all ambassadors can succeed. Will you visualize yourself as one of them? I really don’t.
Is Plexus A Scam?
No, Plexus is not a scam based on my findings.
It provides all ambassadors with health and wellness products for generating various commissions and bonuses, but 1% of them make a good living. If you ask me whether I would join Plexus to make money and quit my 9-5 job, my answer is “NO!”
WHY? The reasons are simple:
- The side effects/warning from FDA, people complained that they had many side effects after taking Plexus products. I cannot sell things like this to anyone I know, and these side effects might happen to them too.
- The income disclosure shows you may earn less than $544 in one year. You would be better off with a regular 9-5 job.
- The expensive products, people could find other similar products online at lower prices. This makes it harder to sell Plexus products.
I hope you can think thoroughly before signing up with Plexus and be responsible for every decision you make. If you have “No way!” for any above, you will be interested in my way to make money online.
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Plexus products in person.
Imagine you sell Plexus products to your friends, family, or anyone around you. Don’t you feel blushed? My face turns blushed when I only imagine myself selling products, not to mention that they might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promoting one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
You only need to start a blog with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your product reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value.
If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
You are more than welcome to check my full Wealthy Affiliate review HERE, or click the button right below to start your online journey with us.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed Tonight
Take Action To Start Making Money Online Today! 🙂
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!