Let me guess! Someone sold you cheap jewelry and introduced a seemingly good business opportunity, so you landed on my article and want to know “Is Paparazzi Jewelry A Scam?”
Am I right?
First of all, I can see you are doing your online researches for a lucrative multi-level marketing company, and this is the first step to avoid being scammed & find the most legitimate way to make money. You deserve a big hug on this.
Secondly, I am not associated with Paparazzi Jewelry, so you won’t see me selling you any jewelry or ask you to place an order now. What I like to do is to share my honest thoughts based on its business model and the compensation plan. They don’t pay me for this article, so I would provide you an unbiased review!
Jewelry MLM is rare in the industry, so I am really excited about looking into the business opportunity & find something extraordinary than other MLMs. Let’s read more details further down.
What is Paparazzi Jewelry?
-Summary of Paparazzi Jewelry-
Product Name: Paparazzi Jewelry
Founders: founded by Misty & Trent Kirby, and Chani & Ryan Reeve in 2010
Product Type: Jewelry & Accessories MLM
Price: $99 Preview Pack, $299 Small Home Party Kit, $499 Large Home Party Kit
Rating: 20 / 100
Paparazzi Jewelry is founded by Misty & Trent Kirby, and Chani & Ryan Reeve in 2010. They provide jewelry and accessories at $5 for every piece. They believe that trendy accessories can be available, and affordable, to women everywhere and every day.
The company grew 900% in just six months because everyone loves to buy accessories at just $5, and you could only buy them through Paparazzi Consultants. There were around 20,000 fashion consultants of Paparazzi Jewelry, and it is sold all over the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Guam.
What’s inside Paparazzi Jewelry?
Any accessories you could wear on your body, and it’s mainly for women. It doesn’t need much time to explain what the products are to your customers since they all understand jewelry and accessories.
Paparazzi Jewelry offers almost accessories that you could find in the retail stores, and those evergreen products include:
- Hair Clips
Paparazzi also provides seasonal or unique product lines, and the below are what I found as of this writing:
- January & February & March Fashion Fix
- Paparazzi Collections
- Unique Urban
- Zi Collection 2019
Do Paparazzi Jewelry Products Work?
To be honest, I don’t actually try Paparazzi Jewelry myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. Considering the $5 price, I guess we could expect lower quality.
How Does Paparazzi Jewelry Work?
In the MLM industry, there are mainly two ways to make money:
- Sell Paparazzi Jewelry and accessories to make retail commissions
- Recruit people under you to generate more group sales for extra bonuses and rewards
Before we dive deep to know the compensation plan, I would explain how you get started with Paparazzi Jewelry.
First of all, you need to find a consultant in your region by postcode, and it’s inevitable that you become someone’s downline. Next, you need to purchase one starter kit from the below options, ranging from $99 to $499.
- Preview Pack $99: 35 pieces of jewelry, retail value = $175.
- Small Home Party Kit $299: 120 pieces of jewelry, retail value = $600.
- Large Home Party Kit $499: 200 pieces of jewelry, retail value = $1,000.
The Compensation Plan
- Retail Profit: Each piece you sold, you earn a 35%-45% commission.
- Show Rebate: When you purchase a $1,000 or more order, you could get a 10% of show rebate processed and included in that month’s commission check.
- Business Building Bonus: Once your personally referred consultants purchase a starter kit, you get a 15% calculated by the commissionable personal volume as long as you are active.
- Unilevel Bonus: This is where the concept of traditional MLM recruitment comes into play. You can earn up to THREE levels of commissions on your team, and it’s between 5%-10%.
- Generation Bonus: Once you reach the Executive Director or higher, you can earn an additional bonus up to THREE generations of your organization.
- Legacy Bonus: As an A-Lister or higher, you earn an additional 1% – 2% on the volume generated in up to three legacies in your organization.
- Infinity Bonus: As a Luxe Jetsetter, you earn 5% on the volume generated from your ENTIRE team. This increases by 1% when you reach Impressionista.
- Cash Bonus: When a consultant reach the top ranks(Luxe Jetsetter & Impressionista) and maintain the required qualifications for two consecutive months, a cash bonus is paid. $25,000 for Luxe Jetsetter, and $50,000 for Impressionista.
These are probably everything you need to know about the compensation plan. Feel free to check the screenshot that I took from HERE or watch the YouTube Video below.
Ugly Truth About Paparazzi Jewelry
TOP#1 Low Income Potential
Let’s look at Paparazzi Jewelry income disclosure in 2018. The average of all consultants in 2018 only made a $12.94 monthly income, and the yearly income was $155.28. We don’t even minus off the expenses from the earnings. If we do, we could say that almost every consultant was losing more money than they can make.
Even when you climb to Executive Director rank, you get an $898.71 monthly income. I don’t think people could quit their jobs by only selling Paparazzi jewelry and accessories. They might be enough to cover some bills, but it’s far from supporting your daily expenses and your family.
TOP#2 Home Parties
I am not a fan of home parties because I barely invite people to my house for just showing, and I want to keep my house a place that I could fully relax after a long day.
I understand that hosting home parties can be fun if you are guests that get invitations. But for the host, it’s not just showing your potential customers Paparazzi jewelry and accessories. There are more plannings you need to take care of, such as “Who you should invite to the parties?”, “What drinks & food you should prepare?”, etc.
TOP#3 Not For Everyone
Yes, Paparazzi Jewelry and accessories are mostly designed for women!
If you are male and you want to join this company, you might face more challenges than women. I am not saying you(male) cannot make any sales, but this is the truth. Women only need to wear the accessories on, and they immediately become a walking showroom, right?
What I Liked About Paparazzi Jewelry
TOP#1 Low Price At Just $5
Every piece at Paparazzi Jewelry is only $5! Yes, five dollars.
This is a very competitive price that people wouldn’t think twice before purchase if they love the products so much. The selling tactic is to make people feel that the products are not expensive, so you are able to sell as many pieces as possible to maximize earning.
If they are only $5, what do you think the amount you should sell to make a decent income? Tons! Except for your family, close friends, colleagues, or your neighbors, can you think of anyone else you can promote to?
TOP#2 Emphasize on Sales Commissions
If you look carefully at the compensation plan, it’s easy to find out that they are giving a high commission rate(35%-45%) to help you make as many sales as possible.
On the other hand, just like I mentioned in the last paragraphs, you need to sell tons of accessories since each piece costs only $5.
TOP#3 Virtual Parties
I believe you ever joined Paparazzi Jewelry Facebook groups that are full of the products, and the hosts are using the marketing tactic with time sensitivity. For example, “Place your order before the time runs out!” Looks familiar?
The internet is the future of MLMs, so it’s not bad to see Paparazzi Jewelry is catching the last train. I prefer to sell things on my own website because it leaves more flexibility and freedom. If you are interested, here is the article about how I created a website in ONE minute.
Who’s Paparazzi Jewelry For?
Women that love to wear trendy, affordable, and different types of accessories every single day. If you do love jewelry and accessories, you should go for a try.
But, if you are like me, don’t like to wear any accessories, it’s difficult that you could sell Paparazzi Jewelry and accessories. People can tell whether you have passion or confidence from things you are selling. So, it’s better that you love Paparazzi products first, then you sell them.
I will tell you my alternative way to make money online! People won’t see your face when you are selling accessories or you are not restricted to sell only necklaces, earrings, or bracelets. Bear me for one more minute!
Can You Make Money Selling Paparazzi Jewelry?
Yes! Scroll/slide up for the income disclosure in 2018 again. There were around 0.03% of consultants who made more than $140,066 in one month, and this is something we cannot ignore.
Ask yourself! Can you bear the pain that you only make less than $1,000 for years? Besides that, can you stick to the compensation plan and climb the ranking ladder up to get your ideal monthly income? They must work their butt off to achieve that stage.
Is Paparazzi Jewelry A Scam?
No, based on my findings, Paparazzi Jewelry is not a scam. It provides people real products and there were people who made a nice and decent income from the compensation plan.
Before you sign up with Paparazzi Jewelry, I do hope you think twice about things I don’t like that much:
- The low income potential, you could only make less than $1,000 every month.
- Hosting home parties, I am just not that social to invite people to my house and show them Paparazzi products.
- This business is mainly designed for women, NOT for everyone. I think you got me, right?
For any above, if there is a “Nah!” popping out from your mind, you are welcome to check my way to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Paparazzi Jewelry products in person. Try to imagine you sell Paparazzi Jewelry products to your friends, family, or neighbors, don’t you feel weird? I am so shy and introvert that I become blushed when I only imagine the scene.
But, doing affiliate marketing will save you & me from that awkward moment:
- You don’t even need to buy any physical or digital products and sell to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as you downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Paparazzi Jewelry products. You can promote anything you like!
What you need to do is to create a website, YouTube channel, or Facebook/Instagram with quality content that makes your target audience trust you then purchase through your affiliate links. If they do purchase, you earn commissions. Simple as that!
The platform I am using is Wealthy Affiliate. The reasons for “Why Wealthy Affiliate?” are for all the WA training courses, LIVE training sessions every Friday night, 24/7 SiteSupport, and the world-famous/awards winning WA community!
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full review in the below link.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.