Someone introduced you to Pampered Chef’s cookware products and the business plan, but you keep wondering, “Is Pampered Chef A Pyramid Scheme?” If you land on my site to find the answer, you’ve come to the right place.
In my Pampered Chef review, I will show you the below topics to help you make up your mind.
- What Is Pampered Chef?
- Pampered Chef Products
- How To Make Money With Pampered Chef?
- Pampered Chef Compensation Plan
- Pros & Cons
- Is Pampered Chef A Pyramid Scheme?
Without further ado, let’s dive deep!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What is Pampered Chef?
-Summary of Pampered Chef-
Product Name: Pampered Chef
Founders: founded by Doris Christopher in 1980
Product Type: Kitchenware MLM
Price: $79-$279 Starter Kit + $150 Monthly Requirement To Remain Active
Doris Christopher founded Pampered Chef in 1980, and it mainly sells kitchen tools, food products, and cookbooks. It has run business operations for more than four decades, and Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway corporation acquired Pampered Chef in 2002. It’s safer to say they won’t have a financial crisis at any time soon.
They have a worldwide direct sales force of about 35,000 consultants and expanded to Canada in 1996, the UK in 1999, Germany in 2000, and Austria in 2019. But, is this a work from home and be your own boss opportunity? Read on to find out more.
What’s Inside Pampered Chef?
Kitchenware products are what Moms or housewives use every single day, and I am sure everyone is familiar with the products without any explanations needed. So, you could promote them easier than other healthy MLMs.
We have so many to talk about today. Let’s start with Pampered Chef’s products!
Pampered Chef’s products fall into the below categories:
- Bakeware: Baker set, mixing bowls, ice cream maker, mixer & dispenser, etc.
- Cooking Tools: Utensils, food grater, veggie spiralizer, instant food thermometer, etc.
- Cookware: Smoothie blender, steamer, air fryer, dutch oven, etc.
- Cutlery: Knives, kitchen shears, chopping board, etc.
- Food: Vinegar, canola oil, teriyaki sauce with honey, etc.
- Kids: many cooking sets designed for kids to make pizza, pretzel, cookies.
- Outdoor: Portable grill, wine tumblers, grill stones, water bottle, etc.
Do Pampered Chef Products Work?
I am not using Pampered Chef, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. I went online searching for comments from real customers. Here are what I found:
You can use both positive & negative feedback as references if you become one of Pampered Chef consultants. Especially on the negative, you might face the same problems that your customers may call you for product replacements.
How To Make Money With Pampered Chef?
In any MLMs, there are two major ways to make money.
- Sell Pampered Chef’s products to make retail commissions
- Recruit people under you to hit group sales for extra bonuses and incentives.
Pampered Chef is no exception! Before we go directly to the compensation plan, let’s know how you get started with Pampered Chef.
To start your Pampered Chef journey, you need to follow the below three simple steps:
- Sign-up: Fill out your personal information and create an account.
- Purchase a start kit: Choose one from the below starter kits.
- Selling: You can either host a home party, virtual party or promote the products on your replicated website.
And, to remain an active Pampered Chef consultant, you need to have at least $150 in personal commissionable sales.
Now, we could calculate the total cost of becoming Pampered Chef for one year.
- $79-$279 Starter Kit
- $150 Monthly Requirement to remain active
The best case is paying $1,879, while the worst is $2,079. Other costs are not included, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expenses, so the total cost must be higher than my calculation here.
The Compensation Plan
Here we come the most important part of Pampered Chef’s business opportunity – the compensation plan. I won’t go much deeper on this since there is not much difference compared to other MLMs. The basic rule is that “The more you sell, the more you earn!”
- Retail Commissions: 20%-27% of your monthly sales
- Build A Team: Earn $100 cash + $50 Pampered Cheh dollars for each new consultant you bring to Pampered Chef in the first 90 days.
- Free and Discounted Kitchen Tools: Earn free tools when you hit $500+ in your first 30 days.
- Incentive Trips: Earn a trip when you reach higher levels by earning points for sales, helping others get started with Pampered Chef, and maintaining your qualified title.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
For every consultant, it’s $150 sales made in a calendar month to keep active. If people cannot sell $150 worth of products each month, they tend to purchase the products for themselves. Making them the most loyal customers of Pampered Chef.
The Ugly Truth About Pampered Chef
TOP#1 Expensive Products
Compared to other brands that you find on Amazon or local stores, it’s easy to find out Pampered Chef is expensive.
I don’t blame Pampered Chef on this since it’s the nature of any MLMs in the industry. MLM companies need to mark up 30%-40% of the product prices to pay a small portion to consultants for the promotions they do for the companies.
You also need to think about what makes Pampered Chef’s products stand out from the crowd. If you cannot think about anything, it’s getting harder to make people purchase Pampered Chef while having cheaper alternatives.
TOP#2 Terrible Customer Service
Based on my findings on Pampered Chef’s Facebook page, I found they have terrible customer service. People shared their experiences with the customer service, and they only got angrier without solving their problems.
TOP#3 Low Income Potential
Let’s see what Pampered Chef said about its income potential by the time you spent per week.
- If you work 1-3 hours per week, the average monthly income is $110-$510.
- If you work 3-6 hours per week, the average monthly income is $665-$1,100.
- If you work 8-15 hours per week, the average monthly income is $1,400-$18,000
- If you work 15-25 hours per week, the average monthly income is $6,800-$45,000.
My personal experience told me that they sugar-coated the statistics. For me, it takes more than 15 hours to create content, promote my content on social media, and build my team.
If you do succeed by only spending 8-15 hours per week and got a $1,400-$18,000 monthly income, you are more than welcome to leave a comment below. I want to try Pampered Chef myself to find out the truth.
What I Liked About Pampered Chef
TOP#1 A Well-designed Website
Please visit Pampered Chef’s website HERE, and you’ll probably understand what I am talking about. It’s a well-designed website, and it doesn’t need much effort to navigate. I can find things I like to check on the website without being lost, and all the information is well laid out.
It’s very user-friendly, and to be honest, Pampered Chef’s website is one of the best websites after so many companies that I reviewed.
The future of any MLMs is on the internet, and it’s nice to see Pampered Chef is catching the last train.
They offer eBizTools FREE of charge for the first 90 days. After 90 days, if you have an online sale of $50 a month, it’s still free. If you don’t, you would have to pay a 6-month or 12-month subscription fee.
Here is what eBiz Tools work for your Pampered Chef’s business:
- Customizable Personal Website: It allows customers could shop online, and it helps you manage party guest lists, invites, and reminders.
- Marketing Emails: Your customers are able to receive monthly eNewsletters from you, and eBizTools do the work for you.
- Party Host Dashboards: You don’t need to host parties by yourself, and you can partner with your hosts here. You and your hosts can add guests, send invites and reminders, keep track of sales, and even place their own orders.
- Party Pages for Guests: This one-stop party link allows guests to view party info, RSVP, view the online catalog, and shop!
TOP#3 Everyone Understands The Products
Kitchenware doesn’t need much explanation when you showcase the products since people know how the products work already.
Instead of putting much effort into memorizing the unique ingredients inside every product like Jeunesse or Neora, customers know the products even if you only show them some pictures of Pampered Chef’s kitchenware.
Who’s Pampered Chef For?
Mom and housewives who love cooking and like to share kitchenware with others again and again.
If you are like me, mostly order food from apps, I would recommend my alternative way to make money online. I will show you my favorite platform in one minute!
Can You Make Money Selling Pampered Chef?
Yes, I believe there must be someone who made a decent income with Pampered Chef, while the majority failed.
Those consultants who achieved higher levels must be enthusiastic about cooking and love meeting new people to promote the products & the business opportunity.
Is Pampered Chef A Pyramid Scheme?
“A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.”
Pampered Chef provides many products for consultants to sell, and they get commissions from the sales they made, so it’s not a pyramid scheme.
Before joining Pampered Chef, I hope you can review things I don’t like that much with this business opportunity.
- The expensive products compared to other brands you could easily find on Amazon or Walmart.
- The terrible customer service, what will you do if your customers feel grumpy about the post-sale service from the company?
- The low-income potential, can you stand the pain that you only make a few bucks in several years?
If you have “Nah!” for any above, I would recommend you to try my alternative way to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting Pampered Chef in person. Try to imagine selling Pampered Chef to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promote one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your own schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
You only need to create a website with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your products reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed Tonight
Take Action To Start Making Money Today! 🙂
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!