You are cooking enthusiasts. You feel amazed by Pampered Chef’s cookware products that you saw in a home party, so you want to start making money by selling things you love. But, you keep wondering “Is Pampered Chef A Pyramid Scheme?”
That’s probably the reason why you landed in this article and try to know more about Pampered Chef, right?
- I am not a consultant of Pampered Chef, so you won’t see me selling you any cookware products or request you to click a “BUY NOW!” button in this article. What I will share today is an honest & unbiased review.
- This review is also my approach to examine whether it suits my budget or personality, and you can make your decision by reading this review to the end.
- Checking things online saves you time and money, congratulations, your hard-earned money is still safe and secure.
I will explain and provide more details further down. Let’s dive deep!
What is Pampered Chef?
-Summary of Pampered Chef-
Product Name: Pampered Chef
Founders: founded by Doris Christopher in 1980
Product Type: Kitchenware MLM(similar to Tupperware)
Price: $19 quick start kit / $99 starter kit / $159 Deluxe Kit / $259 Ultimate Kit
Rating: 50 / 100
Pampered Chef was founded by Doris Christopher in 1980, it mainly sells kitchen tools, food products, and cookbooks for people who are cooking enthusiastically. Pampered Chef runs business more than 40 years so far, and it got acquired by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway corporation in 2002. It’s safer to say they won’t have a financial crisis at any time soon.
They have a worldwide direct sales force of about 35,000 consultants and expanded to Canada in 1996, the UK in 1999, Germany in 2000, and Austria in 2019.
What’s inside Pampered Chef?
Kitchenware products is what your Mom or housewives use every single day, and I am sure everyone is familiar with the products without any explanations needed. I won’t mention every product item here, but I will pick some that I am interested in or will love to share with my friends if I were a Pampered Chef consultant.
- Bakeware: Baker set, mixing bowls, ice cream maker, mixer & dispenser, etc.
- Cooking Tools: Utensils, food grater, veggie spiralizer, instant food thermometer, etc.
- Cookware: Smoothie blender, steamer, air fryer, dutch oven, etc.
- Cutlery: Knives, kitchen shears, chopping board, etc.
- Food: Vinegar, canola oil, teriyaki sauce with honey, etc.
- Kids: many cooking sets designed for kids to make pizza, pretzel, cookies.
- Outdoor: Portable grill, wine tumblers, grill stones, water bottle, etc.
Do Pampered Chef Products Work?
I am not using Pampered Chef, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. I went online searching for comments from real customers. Here are what I found:
You can use both positive & negative feedback as references if you become one of Pampered Chef consultants. Especially for the negative, you might face the same problems that your customers have and call you for a replacement.
How Does Pampered Chef Work?
In any MLMs, there are two ways to make money through the compensation plan:
- Sell Pampered Chef’s products to make retail commissions
- Recruit people to join the same system under you to make group sales for extra bonuses and incentives.
Pampered Chef is no exception! Before we go directly to the compensation plan, let’s know about how you could get started with Pampered Chef.
To start your Pampered Chef journey, you need to follow the below three simple steps:
- Sign-up: Fill out your personal information and create an account.
- Purchase a start kit: Choose one from the four starter kits Pampered Chef offers.
- Selling: You can either host a home party, virtual party or promote the products on your replicated website.
The Compensation Plan
Here we come the most important part of Pampered Chef’s business opportunity – the compensation plan. I won’t go much deeper on this since there is no much difference compared to other MLMs. The basic rule is that “The more you sell, the more you earn!”
Depending on the number of your monthly sales, you will have different commission rates:
- 20% commission rate for $1 to $749 monthly sales.
- 22% commission rate for $750 to $1,249 monthly sales.
- 23% commission rate for $1,250 to $2,449 monthly sales.
- 24% commission rate for $2,500 to $3,999 monthly sales.
- 25% commission rate for over $4,000 monthly sales.
Besides the retail commissions, Pampered Chef also offers the below bonuses:
- An additional 3% commission on your team’s sales
- Free and discounted products
- Points toward fabulous vacations and additional training
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
For every consultant, it’s $150 sales made in a calendar month to keep active. I think it’s not that difficult to achieve, and that’s about one Deluxe Kit you sell every month.
I think the mindset for every business is the same. If you want to achieve something so bad, you would work your butt off to clear all the obstacles on your way to financial success.
The Untold Truth About Pampered Chef
TOP#1 Expensive Products
Compared to other brands that you find on Amazon, it’s easy to find out Pampered Chef is way too expensive. I don’t blame Pampered Chef on this since it’s the nature of any MLMs in the industry.
Remember there are negative comments about the quality? It will become very difficult to convince people to pay more for the products with lower quality and it surely makes all consultants receive many rejections.
TOP#2 Terrible Customer Service
Based on my findings on Pampered Chef’s Facebook page, I found they have a terrible customer service. People shared their experiences with the customer service, and they only got angry without getting their problems solved.
It might be just a few customers’ feedback, but don’t you think a company that runs more than 40 years should focus on improving the quality of customer service too?
TOP#3 Low Income Potential
Let’s see what Pampered Chef said about its income potential by the time you spent per hour.
- If you work 1-3 hours per week, the average monthly income is $110-$510.
- If you work 3-6 hours per week, the average monthly income is $665-$1,100.
- If you work 8-15 hours per week, the average monthly income is $1,400-$18,000
- If you work 15-25 hours per week, the average monthly income is $6,800-$45,000.
My personal experience told me that they sugar-coated the hours needed for the business. For me, it takes more than 15 hours to create content, promote my content on social media, and build my team.
If you do succeed by only spending 8-15 hours per week and got $1,400-$18,000 monthly income, you are more than welcome to leave a comment below. I would like to try it by myself.
What I Liked About Pampered Chef
TOP#1 A Well-designed Website
Please visit Pampered Chef’s website HERE, and you probably understand what I am talking about. It’s a well-designed website and it doesn’t need your much effort to navigate. I am able to find things I like to check on the website without being lost, and all the information is well laid-out too.
It’s very user-friendly, and to be honest, Pampered Chef’s website is one of the best websites after so many companies that I reviewed.
The future of any MLMs is on the internet, and it’s nice to see Pampered Chef is catching the last train.
They offer eBizTools FREE of charge for the first 90 days. After 90 days, if you have an online sale of $50 a month, it’s still free. If you don’t, you would have to pay a 6-month or 12-month subscription fee.
These are what you are gonna get by eBizTools:
- Customizable Personal Website: It allows customers could shop online, and it helps you manage party guest lists, invites, and reminders.
- Marketing Emails: Your customers are able to receive monthly eNewsletters from you, and eBizTools do the work for you.
- Party Host Dashboards: You don’t need to host parties by yourself, and you can partner with your hosts here. You and your hosts can add guests, send invites and reminders, keep track of sales, and even place their own orders.
- Party Pages for Guests: This one-stop party link allows guests to view party info, RSVP, view the online catalog, and shop!
TOP#3 Everyone Understands The Products
Kitchenware is those you don’t need much explanation to let your customers understand, and they know what they are already.
Instead of putting much effort to memorize the unique ingredients inside every product like Jeunesse or Neora, customers know the products even if you only show them some pictures of Pampered Chef’s kitchenware. Sounds easy, right?
Who’s Pampered Chef For?
Mom and housewives who have a passion for cooking and like to share kitchenware with others when they find some products are perfect.
If you are like me, only order food from Ubereats, I would recommend my alternative way to make money online. I will reveal it in one minute!
Can You Make Money Selling Pampered Chef?
Yes, I believe there must be someone who made a nice and decent income with Pampered Chef, but the majority failed.
Those consultants who achieved that must be enthusiastic about cooking and love meeting new groups of people to promote the products & the business opportunity.
If you are not like that, it’s highly possible that you won’t succeed like them.
Is Pampered Chef A Pyramid Scheme?
No! The definition of a pyramid scheme by Wikipedia is:
“A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.”
Pampered Chef provides many products for consultants to sell and they do get commissions from the sales made, so it’s not a pyramid scheme at all.
Before you join Pampered Chef, I hope you could rewind things I don’t like that much with this business opportunity.
- The expensive products compared to other brands you could easily find on Amazon or Walmart.
- The terrible customer service, what will you do if your customers feel grumpy about the post-sale service from the company?
- The low-income potential, can you stand the pain that you only make a few bucks in several years?
If you have “Nah!” for any above, I would recommend you to try my alternative way to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Pampered Chef products in person. Try to imagine you sell Pampered Chef products to your friends, family, or anyone you know, don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed immediately?
They might avoid you ever since, and it’s inevitable to join “No Friends Left” club afterward.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t even need to buy any physical or digital products and sell to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as you downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Pampered Chef products. You can promote anything you like!
You only need to create a website or YouTube channel with quality content that makes people trust you then purchase them through your links.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. The reasons for “Why Wealthy Affiliate?” are all the training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, 24/7 sitesupport, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full review in the below link.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.