You are probably looking for more information about Neora’s anti-aging products after someone introduced you in person. You are also thinking to join this seemingly good business opportunity, but you keep wondering “Is Neora A Scam?” So, you came to my website.
Am I right?
First of all, I am not associated with Neora, so you won’t see me selling you Neora products or requesting you to click a “BUY NOW” button. What I like to share with you today is to reveal all my discoveries from my researches and to evaluate whether it suits me or not.
Secondly, I can see you are doing your research well too. You deserve a big HUG before we start to dive deep. Doing your own researches on the internet is the first step to avoid yourself being scammed. It’s important that we keep our hard-earned money safe in our pocket without being stolen by bad hands.
Let’s see more details further down.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Neora?
-Summary of Neora-
Product Name: Neora
Founders: founded by Jeff Olson in 2011(previously known as Nerium)
Product Type: Skincare, health, and wellness MLM
Price: $49.95 to start + $29.95 monthly fee of Neora Edge
Rating: 30 / 100
Neora is previously known as Nerium that was founded by Jeff Olson in 2011. It provides the famous anti-aging products and exceeded $1 million in sales in 2012. Their mission is to make people better and help people live happily, so Jeff Olson co-founded and launched LiveHappy magazine with Neora co-CEO Deborah K. Heisz.
They changed the company name from Nerium to Neora in Feb 2019 after many lawsuits against the anti-aging products that included extracts of Nerium oleander plant. It is claimed that this extract will harm the skin and cause skin damage. For Neora’s brand new products, this extract of the Nerium oleander plant is removed, so people won’t get allergic reactions after using.
Neora runs business operations in 18 countries as of this writing and it still keeps expanding to other countries through all the brand partners(associates). Other similar MLMs I reviewed are SeneGence, Avon, and Jeunesse, you are welcome to check them out.
What’s inside Neora?
There are two main kinds of products from Neora, skincare and wellness products. I will only talk about the products I have an interest in or the products I want to sell to anyone if I join Neora. Deal?
- Skincare: The famous anti-aging products that made of exclusive ingredients with proven antioxidants, peptides, plant extracts, and vitamins to target multiple signs of aging.
- Wellness: Dietary supplements, EHT brain formula supplement, Youth Factor Mixed powder, etc.
- Haircare: Anti-aging hair products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and scalp serum.
Do Neora Products Work?
To be honest, I am NOT using Neora products myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. It’s hard to resist that using a skincare product could keep you young so that probably explain why it got such a success less than 10 years after launch.
My curiosity kills many cats, so I went online to check what other people said about Neora’s products. Taking Neora AGE IQ day/night cream as instances, here are what I found:
Both sides of comments are equally important to us, and you might use them as references when you consider joining Neora.
The best way is that you try the products first to know better how good they are, then you will have more personal experience to either sell people the products or recruit them in your organization.
How Does Neora Work?
In the world of MLMs, they are two standard ways to make money through the business model. Neora is no exception!
- Sell Neora products to make retail commissions
- Recruit more people into the same system then get extra rewards & bonuses when your referrals are also making sales
Before we go further on the compensation plan, let’s know more about how to get started with Neora. Shall we?
You need to purchase a starter kit from the below four options:
- Basic Kit $49: Marketing & Training Materials, No Products Included
- Starter Pack $500: Marketing & Training Materials, 13 Neora Products
- Builder Pack $750: Marketing & Training Materials, 25 Neora Products
- Premium Build Pack $1,000: Marketing & Training Materials, 32 Neora Products
Each kit/pack has marketing, training materials, and a replicate website. You may leverage the website as an extra source to maximize your sales and refer more people.
Besides the above, you get access to “Neora Edge” that is a subscription with online tools and resources but you need to pay $29.95 after your very first month with Neora.
The Compensation Plan
Neora has 13 ways to help you make money with its compensation plan, and it’s so complicated and confusing. I will try my best to explain to you to get an easier understanding.
-Retail Sales Commissions-
This is the basic rule that everyone understands. You sell Neora products at retail prices, but you pay wholesale prices. The differential price gaps are your earning. The more products you sell, the more earning you can make.
-Personal Sales Commissions-
Personal Sales Commissions are paid in addition to retail commissions and are based on all purchases made by your personal customers or your recruit’s customers in a calendar month.(minus off shipping & tax)
- If you make $350-$1,849 personal sales, you get an extra 5% commission.
- If you make $1,850-$3,649personal sales, you get an extra 10% commission.
- If you make $3,650+ personal sales, you get an extra 15% commission.
-Preferred Customer Bonuses-
A “preferred customer” means a customer place orders via the auto-ship option from Neora, and there are three bonuses under preferred customer bonuses:
- First Order Bonus: You will get 20% of the first order your preferred customers purchase.
- Personal PC Bonus: Enroll or maintain 6 Preferred Customers(each with a minimum of 55 QV) and 500 PQV from all of your personal customers’ orders to earn $50. You may also enroll 9 preferred customers with a minimum of 55 QV & an 800 PQV and earn $150.
- Team PC Bonus: This bonus ranges from $200-$2,000 when you start to help your referrals successfully expand their preferred customer base to achieve their personal PC bonuses.
This reward isn’t for money. It’s mainly earning yourself FREE Neora products.
- Qualify for 3UR Free: You can get FREE products through Neora 3UR Free program. If you maintain an 80 QV and a total of 210 QV from all your customers each calendar month. The maximum 3UR Free will not exceed $140.
- Neora Gives Back: You earn free product samples by referring either a preferred customer or brand partner with an auto-delivery order(auto-ship). You will get points that can be redeemed for FREE product samples.
-Rewards for Team Building-
Now, we are talking about other rewards for your team building. This is where the concept of MLM traditional recruitment comes into play. Basically, the more people you recruit, the more sales you & your team make, the more rewards you can get.
- First Order Bonus: Once your referrals purchase any starter kits, you earn 10% based on the subtotal of that enrollment order.
- Director Bonus: Once you reach the director level in your first three months, you get $100-$200 depending on how long you spent on achieving the director level.
- Power-5 Bonus: If you enroll 5 Brand Partners who purchase starter kit/packs in a 12-month period, you can earn 5% from the subtotal of their orders. This can be earned multiple times when you continue to enroll people into the system.
- Team Commissions: Once you reach ‘Elite Brand Partner’, you can earn commissions based on the sales volume of ‘Senior Brand Partners’ and higher ranked affiliates.
- Momentum Bonus: An additional 3% bonus paid to Elite Brand Partner and higher in the first three months after you advance in rank.
- Lifestyle Bonus: According to the rank you achieve, you will get a $150-$100,000 monthly bonus.
- Luxury Car Bonus: When you reach the Elite Director level, Neora provides you luxury car bonus for your lease of a fancy car. You may also choose cash instead.
- Check Match Bonus: When you reach the rank of Elite Director or higher, you earn 3%-12% of the Team Commissions paid to team directors or higher below you in your organization.
I guess you feel dizzy now, me too. That’s why I said it’s complicated and confusing at first! In short, you recruit more people under you to make more sales which brings you more earnings. Simple!
For more details, you can refer to Neora Compensation Plan for Australia because I cannot find the USA version or you may watch the below Youtube video.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
As a brand partner, to stay ‘active’ is to personally sell or purchase 120 PQV worth of product each month or 80 PQV worth or auto-ship orders each month.
I think it’s not rare to see in the MLM industry, and if you work your butt off, I think it’s not very difficult to achieve.
There are 18 ranking levels in Neora’s system. You will start as Brand Partner then climbing the ladder up to Gold International Marketing Director. You need to achieve different requirements for each level. The higher the ranking, the more challenging the requirement will become.
What I Liked About Neora
TOP#1 Leverage The Internet
What is the future of the MLM industry? The internet. It’s great to see Neora is trying to catch the last train to educate all the brand partners with Neora Edge to create more sales at your replicate website.
Although we all understand a replicate website isn’t good enough to get traffic, we cannot ignore that Neora is working on this.
Want to know how to create a free website just in 30 seconds? Check this out!
TOP#2 Focus on Anti-Aging Product Line
I am glad I see there are just a few products in Neora’s official website compared to SeneGence, Avon, and Jeunesse. They mainly focus on anti-aging products, and this is good for all brand partners because they might not have time to memorize all the products from Neora.
The anti-aging products are hard to resist, to be honest. Especially for people who like to have a younger look, it’s easy to sell them Neora’s anti-aging products.
Ripple Foundation is founded by Neora, and its mission is to create an environment of loving, sharing, and caring that cultivates people who give back to their communities.
In 2013, Neora received Community Impact Award from Big Brothers Big Sisters for raising more than $500,000 in one year. In 2014, Neora raised $1 million for Big Brothers Big Sisters, becoming the largest corporate workplace donor.
Neora deserves respect from us since they did donate money to make people happy and it’s better something than nothing.
Ugly Truth About Neora
TOP#1 A Controversial History
Neora is previously known as Nerium. It got many lawsuits against its famous anti-aging products – NeriumAD! This flagship product got the extract from Nerium oleander plant that is considered toxic. It may not cause huge troubles to the human body, but customers did have serious allergic reactions after using NeriumAD.
Because of that, Christina Swiatek sued Nerium for causing chemical burns and permanent skin damage, and this eventually got settled out of court.
To eliminating the ripple effects of NeriumAD, Jeff Olson changed the company name from Nerium to Neora and remove the extract from Nerium oleander plant. Now, it’s safer to use the Neora product without getting burnt.
TOP#2 Scientific Proof?
Neora partners with a 3rd party biotech company called Signum Biosciences, and it looks like they are using real science for Neora products.
When I see a company fund laboratory research on the products they’re selling, I raised a red flag in my mind. It seems like Signum Biosciences is providing only good information about the products from Neora without any bad words.
I raised another red flag on Signum Biosciences website when I saw the below statements. It is written in a very light gray color for Neora’s EHT: Mind Enhancement:
“These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For educational information only.”
TOP#3 Recruit, Recruit, and Recruit
Remember what we talk about the compensation plan? scroll/slide up to read again!
The best way to boost your earning is to recruit as many preferred customers or brand partners as possible.
I cannot blame Neora on this since it’s the nature of any MLMs in the industry, but I just wonder why I cannot just sell Neora products to get the most rewards from the compensation plan?
Who Is Neora For?
People like to use anti-aging and really feel Neora products work on your face & neck! You may use the products by yourself to decide whether it works on you or not.
If yes, you may give it a try. If you are like me, shy & introvert & not using anti-aging products, you may look for other ways to make money online. I will reveal my alternative in one minute, stay with me!
Can You Make Money Selling Neora?
Based on my researches, there is still no income disclosure. But, I went digging for the Nerium’s income disclosure just like digging for gold. Look what I found, the 2012 Nerium’s income disclosure!
I think this document got a good value to know how good the previous brand partners did and we can decide whether to become one of them.
There are 37% of brand partners made no commission in 2012, and the rest 63% made a $1,222.2 annual income. That’s around $100 per month. People won’t quit their 9-5 jobs by only making an extra $100 dollar per month. It’s not even enough to cover all of your bills. Right?
But, we cannot deny the truth that there are 5 brand partners made an $880,360 annual income and 13 brand partners made a $359,589 in 2012. There is 2% of brand partners could make a nice & decent income. Ask yourself, can you be that hard-working, persistent, and patient just like these 2% of Nerium members in 2012?
Is Neora A Scam?
No, Neora is not a scam.
It has anti-aging products for people who want to keep young and a complicated compensation plan, so it’s far from a scam. But before you jump into conclusion and sign up to become one of them, I hope you think twice and be responsible for your decision.
Let’s rewind again for things I don’t like much about Neora:
- A controversial history, Neora used to face lawsuits because of the flagship product – NeriunAD that contains extract of Nerium oleander plant.
- Neora funds the 3rd party Signum Biosciences that only offers good comments for Neora’s products, is it real scientific proof?
- Recruit, Recruit, and Recruit. You need to do lots of face-to-face recruitment to maximize your earning with Neora.
If you have a doubt for any above, I recommend you try my alternative to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Neora products in person. Try to imagine you sell Neora’s products to your friends, family, or anyone you know, don’t you feel embarrassed or super nervous? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that!
- You don’t even need to buy any physical or digital products and sell to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Neora products. You can promote anything you like!
You can create a website or YouTube channel with quality content that makes people trust you then purchase them through your links.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. The reasons are all the training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, 24/7 sitesupport, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full review in the below link.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.