Someone introduced Neora’s products and the business plan, but you keep wondering, “Is Neora A Scam?” So, you came to my website.
In my Neora review, I will cover the below topics to help you make up your mind.
- What Is Neora?
- How To Make Money With Neora?
- Neora Compensation Plan
- Neora 2021 Income Disclosure
- Neora Pros & Cons
- Who Is Neora For?
- Can You Make Money Selling Neora?
- Is Neora A Scam?
I am not associated with Neora, so you won’t see me selling you Neora products or requesting you click a “JOIN NOW” button. I want to share all my discoveries from my online research and evaluate whether it suits me. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Neora?
-Summary of Neora-
Product Name: Neora
Founders: founded by Jeff Olson in 2011(previously known as Nerium)
Product Type: Skincare and Wellness MLM
Price: $20 Enrollment Kit + $199-$1,000 Product Pack + $30 monthly Neora Edge fee
Neora is a skincare and wellness MLM company that provides various products to help people stay young and healthy. They also offer a business plan for distributors to make money.
It is previously known as Nerium, which Jeff Olson founded in 2011. It has world-famous anti-aging products and exceeded $1 million in sales in 2012. Its mission is to make people better and help people live happily.
Neora runs business operations in 18 countries and still keeps expanding to other countries through all the brand partners. However, is this a work-from-home job to quit your 9-5? Let me show more details so you can make a better decision.
What’s inside Neora?
We will talk about Neora’s products and the business plan. Let’s start with the products first. You’ll find three kinds of products from Neora, skincare, haircare, and wellness.
Most of them are similar to those found in the local supermarket or online, so you don’t need an extra explanation.
- Skincare: The famous anti-aging products are made of exclusive ingredients with proven antioxidants, peptides, plant extracts, and vitamins to target multiple signs of aging.
- Wellness: Dietary supplements, EHT brain formula supplement, Youth Factor Mixed powder, etc.
- Haircare: Anti-aging hair products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and scalp serum.
Do Neora Products Work?
I don’t use Neora products myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience.
I went online to check what real customers said about it. Taking Neora AGE IQ day/night cream as instances, here is what I found:
Both comments are equally important; you can use them as references when considering joining Neora.
The best way is to try the products first to know how good they are, and then you will have more confidence to sell the products.
How To Make Money With Neora?
In the world of MLMs, they are two ways to make money, and Neora is no exception!
- Sell Neora products to make retail commissions.
- Recruit more people under your team to get extra bonuses and incentives when your referrals are also making sales
You don’t make money by recruiting people but by the sales made by you and your downlines. This is the major difference between calling it a pyramid or a legitimate MLM business.
First, you need to pay $20 for an enrollment kit with The Slight Edge by Founder and CEO Jeff Olson, a success planner, and 10 brochures, plus access to professional digital assets. There are no Neora products in this kit.
To showcase the products to your potential customers, you can purchase one of the following starter kits:
- Essential Packs $199
- Holistic Value Pack $500
- Premier Holistic Value Pack $1000
Each kit/pack has marketing, training materials, and a replicated website. You may leverage the website as an extra source to maximize your sales and refer more customers.
Pro Tip: How I Start A Blog And Make Money?
Besides the above, you get access to “Neora Edge,” a subscription with online tools and resources to run your Neora business. You get it for free the first month, and then you’ll need to pay $29.95 for the 2nd month.
Let’s calculate the total cost of becoming one year of Neora’s brand partner.
- Enrollment Kit $20
- Starter Kits $199-$1,000
- Monthly Neora Edge Subscription $30*11 months=$330
The best case is $549, while the worst is $1,350. Other costs, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expenses, are not included, so the total cost must be higher than my calculation here.
Neora Edge Subscription
You must wonder, “What Is Neora Edge?”
They don’t mention this monthly cost upfront on the join page, but it’s a great resource that helps your business.
Here is the list that you will get with Neora Edge Subscription:
- An automated product marketing system
- Easily send samples from your phone
- Social media integration
- Training resources
- An Email tool to communicate with your team and customers
- A leadership development program
Neora Compensation Plan
Neora has 13 ways to help you make money with its compensation plan, which is complicated and confusing. I will try my best to help you understand easily.
-Retail Sales Commissions-
This is the basic rule that everyone understands. You sell Neora products at retail prices, but you pay wholesale prices. The differential price gaps are your earnings. The more products you sell, the more earnings you can make.
-Personal Sales Commissions-
Personal Sales Commissions are paid based on all purchases from your customers or your recruit’s customers in a calendar month. (minus off shipping & tax)
- If you make $350-$1,849 personal sales, you get an extra 5% commission.
- If you make $1,850-$3,649 personal sales, you get an extra 10% commission.
- If you make $3,650+ personal sales, you get an extra 15% commission.
-Preferred Customer Bonuses-
A “preferred customer” means a customer places orders via the auto-ship option, and there are three bonuses under preferred customer bonuses:
- First Order Bonus: You will get 20% off the first order your preferred customers purchase.
- Personal PC Bonus: Enroll or maintain 6 Preferred Customers(each with a minimum of 55 QV) and 500 PQV from all your customers’ orders to earn $50. You may also enroll 9 preferred customers with a minimum of 55 QV & an 800 PQV and earn $150.
- Team PC Bonus: This bonus ranges from $200-$2,000 when you start to help your referrals successfully expand their preferred customer base to achieve their Personal PC bonuses.
This reward isn’t for money. It’s mainly earning yourself FREE Neora products.
- Qualify for 3UR Free: You can get FREE products through Neora 3UR Free program if you maintain an 80 QV and a total of 210 QV from all your customers each calendar month. The maximum 3UR Free will not exceed $140.
- Neora Gives Back: You earn free product samples by referring either a preferred customer or brand partner with an auto-ship order. You will get points that can be redeemed for FREE product samples.
-Rewards for Team Building-
Now, we are talking about other rewards for your team building. This is where the concept of traditional MLM recruitment comes into play.
Basically, the more people you recruit, the more sales you & your team make, the more rewards you can get.
- First Order Bonus: Once your referrals purchase starter kits, you earn 10% based on the subtotal of that enrollment order.
- Director Bonus: Once you reach the director level in your first three months, you get $100-$200 depending on how long you spend on achieving the director level.
- Power-5 Bonus: If you enroll 5 Brand Partners who purchase starter packs in a 12-month period, you can earn 5% from the subtotal of their orders. This can be earned multiple times when you continue to enroll people into the system.
- Team Commissions: Once you reach ‘Elite Brand Partner,’ you can earn commissions based on the sales volume of ‘Senior Brand Partners’ and higher ranked affiliates.
- Momentum Bonus: An additional 3% bonus paid to Elite Brand Partner and higher in the first three months after you advance in rank.
- Lifestyle Bonus: According to the rank you achieve, you will get a $150-$100,000 monthly bonus.
- Luxury Car Bonus: When you reach the Elite Director level, Neora provides you a luxury car bonus for your lease of a fancy car. You may also choose cash instead.
- Check Match Bonus: When you reach the rank of Elite Director or higher, you earn 3%-12% of the Team Commissions paid to team directors or higher below you in your organization.
I guess you feel dizzy now, me too. That’s why I said it’s complicated and confusing!
Simply put, you recruit more people under your team to make sales to hit the group sales target. In that case, you will get extra bonuses and incentives.
There are 18 ranking levels in Neora’s system. You will start as Brand Partner, then climb to Gold International Marketing Director.
You need to achieve different requirements for each level. Typically, the higher the ranking, the more requirements you need to achieve.
What I Liked About Neora
TOP#1 Leverage The Internet
It’s great to see Neora is trying to catch the last train to educate all the brand partners with Neora Edge to create more sales at your duplicate website.
Although we all understand a clone site won’t get any traffic, we cannot ignore that Neora is working on this.
You can learn how to start a blog to share every Neora product you like and drive traffic to your posts so that people can purchase from your site.
TOP#2 A 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Neora wants you to be happy with your order. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, you can request a full refund within 30 days. They will minus the shipping and refund you. You may find HERE for details.
Ugly Truth About Neora
TOP#1 A Controversial History
Neora is previously known as Nerium. It got many lawsuits against its famous anti-aging product – NeriumAD! This flagship product got the extract from the Nerium oleander plant, which is considered toxic. It may not cause huge human body troubles, but customers had severe allergic reactions after using NeriumAD.
Because of that, Christina Swiatek sued Nerium for causing chemical burns and permanent skin damage, eventually settling out of court.
To eliminate the ripple effects of NeriumAD, Jeff Olson changed the company name from Nerium to Neora and removed the extract from the Nerium oleander plant. Now, it’s safer to use the Neora product without getting burnt.
TOP#2 Neora 2021 Income Disclosure
I found Neora’s 2021 income disclosure statement interesting. Everyone who wants to join Neora needs to read it.
- In 2021, 40.1% of Active US Brand Partners earned cash commissions and 59.9% did not earn any cash commissions.
- The average annual gross cash earnings of Active US Brand Partners was $1,358.
Now, tell me, is this a “work-from-home” business opportunity? or can you stand the pain that you only make $1,358 in one year?
TOP#3 Recruit, Recruit, and Recruit
The best way to boost your earnings is to recruit as many customers or brand partners as possible. I cannot blame Neora since it’s the nature of any MLMs in the industry.
You must turn yourself into a recruiting machine and a full-time sales manager to make the most of Neora’s business plan.
Who Is Neora For?
People like to use anti-aging and feel Neora products work on your face & neck! You may use the products first to decide whether it works.
If yes, you may give it a try. If you are like me, shy & introverted & not using anti-aging products, you may look for other ways to make money online. I will reveal my alternative in one minute. Read on!
Can You Make Money Selling Neora?
Yes, some people are making decent money with Neora. The 1-2% makes money while the rest fail.
They don’t even want to tell us the annual income of top brand partners, so I cannot really tell you how low the success rate is. Maybe they are covering something? I am not sure…
Is Neora A Scam?
No, Neora is not a scam.
It has anti-aging products for people who want to keep young and a business plan, so it’s far from a scam. But before you jump to a conclusion, I hope you think twice and be responsible for your decision.
Let’s rewind for things I wouldn’t say I like much about Neora:
- A controversial history, Neora used to face lawsuits because the flagship product – NeriunAD contains an extract from the Nerium oleander plant, which caused users allergies after use.
- Neora’s 2021 income disclosure statement shows that the average earning is only $1,358.
- Recruit, Recruit, and Recruit. You need to do lots of face-to-face recruitment to maximize your earnings with Neora.
If you doubt any above, I recommend you try my alternative to make money online:
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Neora products in person.
Imagine you sell Neora’s products to your friends, family, or anyone you know; don’t you feel embarrassed or nervous? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promoting one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
You only need to start a blog with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your product reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value.
If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
You are more than welcome to check my full Wealthy Affiliate review HERE, or click the button right below to start your online journey with us.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed Tonight
Take Action To Start Making Money Online Today! 🙂
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!