You are here because someone probably introduced you to Kyani and the business plan, but deep inside your mind, you wonder, “Is Kyani A Scam?” Am I right?
If yes, you’ve come to the right place. Simply put, Kyani is not a scam and either a pyramid scheme. I will cover the below topics to walk you through, and you’ll get enough information to make up your mind.
- What Is Kyani About?
- How to Make Money with Kyani?
- The Compensation Plan
- Pros & Cons
- Can You Make Money Selling Kyani?
- Is Kyani A Pyramid Scheme?
- Is Kyani A Scam?
Before we start exploring this business opportunity, I like to promise you something.
I am associated with Kyani in any form, so you won’t see me pitching or pushing to click a “JOIN NOW” button. This review is my approach to examine whether it delivers or keeps things under promise. If yes, I’ll take a shot; if no, I’ll steer clear. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What Is Kyani?
-Summary of Kyani-
Product Name: Kyani
Founders: Kirk Hansen, Jim Hansen, and Carl Taylor in 2005
Product Type: A Health and Wellness MLM(Multi-Level Marketing)
Price: $89 welcome kit + $399-$899 business packs + $100 monthly requirement
Kyani is a health and wellness MLM company that sells a wide range of products with a vision of helping people achieve both financial success and physical health. Kirk Hansen, Jim Hansen, and Carl Taylor are the founders, and it started operations back in 2005.
The name Kyani is “strong medicine” in the indigenous Alaskan Tlingit language. They also debuted Sunrise and Sunset products with wild Alaskan blueberry and fish oils derived from wild Alaskan salmon and fish.
They currently operate in over 60 countries and 20 languages, but is this a good opportunity for you to be your own boss and make decent money? Let me share more details right below, so you can be the judges yourself.
They have a wide range of health and wellness products, and you can also join the business opportunity to sell Kyani products and recruit people to make money.
Kyani products fall into the below categories:
- Triangle of Health: Kyani flagship product set
- Wellness Solution Bundles: Kyani products bundled to help support your health
- Collagen Protein Nutritionals: Collagen protein and whey protein isolate
- Meal Replacements: rich chocolate shake mix and whey protein isolate
- Energy / Nootropics: Energy boost drinks
- Business Materials: Kyani magazine and lookbook
- Potato Pak Donations: Donate food to starving children around the globe
The flagship product is the Kyani Triangle of Health Pack, and I guess you probably heard of it before reading this review. It is a set of three products:
- Kyani Sunrise: Vitamin C, B6, B12(with the potent wild Alaskan blueberry)
- Kyani Sunset: Vitamin A, D & E, Omega 3(with fish oils derived from wild Alaskan fish & Alaskan salmon)
- Kyani NitroFX: Organic Noni Concentrate
Some health benefits are:
- Enables healthy stress management
- Encourages healthy digestion
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Enables healthy inflammatory response
- Supports the body’s production of nitric oxide
- Promotes energy
Do Kyani Products Work?
I don’t use them myself, so I cannot give you my firsthand experience. I managed to find what other real customers said on Amazon, both positive and negative. I hope they help you well.
It’s vital to know the products you are going to promote. You should try them to see some exceptional results, or they fix your health issues. By doing so, you’ll gain more confidence to recommend the correct Kyani products to your customers to help them live better.
-The Positive Review-
-The Negative Review-
How to Make Money With Kyani?
Kyani offers many health and wellness products to help people live better, and you can join them as a consultant to sell the products & make money. In this scenario, Kyani saves the marketing and advertising budget, and you earn money by promoting its products. Sounds like a win-win.
To become a Kyani distributor, you need to purchase the business license at $89. This includes one distributor folder (with marketing materials) and one personal website that you can leverage to sell Kyani’s products. The website you’ll get looks like this:
The next is to purchase one of the enrollment packs, ranging from $399-$899. You have the below options:
- Kyani Product Pack (Distributor Enrollment Pack) $399
- Kyani Builder Pack (Distributor Enrollment Pack) $599
- Kyani Professional Pack (Distributor Enrollment Pack) $899
The cost doesn’t stop here. One more thing to notice is to stay active with Kyani, and you need to have 100PV(personal volume) in a given month, which is around $100 worth of Kyani products.
Now, we can calculate the one-year cost to join Kyani.
- Business license $89
- Enrollment Packs $399-$899
- Monthly Requirement $100*12=$1,200
The best case is $1,688, while the worst case is $2,188. Other costs are not included, such as additional training, travel, gas, food, or miscellaneous expense, so the total cost must be higher. It seems much less than a brick-and-mortar business, but it’s still too much for everyday people.
The Compensation Plan
Same as other MLMs, it’s hard to understand the compensation plan; Kyani is no exception. I’ve tried my best to make things easier for you.
- Retail Profit Bonus: Earn the price gap between wholesale price & retail price
- Customer Referral: Earn 10% of your personally referred customers’ orders.
- Customer Builder Bonus: Earn $100-$1,200 when your customers’ sales reach 750 QV
- Team Bonus: Earn a 20%-100% bonus on the Starter Packs purchased by your new members
- Fast Start Bonus: Earn $200 when you achieve the rank of Jade or $500 for Pearl or above in your first 31 days
- Power Play: Earn $100 once you have 100PV and 3+ personally referred distributors with a total of 150 QV
- PayGate: Earn 0.25%-8% on the monthly CV generated by your team
- Generation Check Match: Earn 1%-15% of every PayGate payout to distributors in your team and this goes up to nine generations deep.
So if you still have a hard time understanding them, you can check the detailed compensation plan on this page. Or, remember to either sell Kyani products or recruit downlines & teach them to do the same. You’ll start receiving commissions, bonuses, and incentives once you work your butt off.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
Based on the below chart, to stay active with Kyani, you need to have 100PV to be a qualified distributor. It goes up to 150 PV when you achieve the rank of Jade.
Ugly Truth About Kyani
TOP#1 Expensive Products
Like other MLM companies, Kyani’s products are more expensive than those we can find in the retail store or online. It’s quite normal in the MLM industry since they have to pay its contributors to save the marketing and advertising costs. I’ve reviewed similar MLMs as Kyani, name a few here:
Taking the flagship as an instance, it costs $129.95 for 30 days, while I found two other highest-rated multivitamins on Amazon only cost $50-$56, which is 2 times cheaper…
If you don’t know what makes Kyani products stand out from the crowd, it won’t be easy to sell expensive products while people can find affordable ones online.
TOP#2 Low Income Potential
Let’s see Kyani’s income disclosure statement. I found interesting numbers:
- Once you achieve the rank of Jade, you’ll be included in this income disclosure. There is no data for the average income every distributor makes.
- 68.7% of the active business builders(Jade or above) makes less than $1,000 per month
- Only 6.6% of the active business builders(emerald or above) make more than $6,854 per month
They tried to make this income disclosure look better, so they remove everyone with the ranks lower than Jade, which also means if we count everyone in, the numbers would have been worse than this one…
To be honest, I don’t think this is a “work from home and be your own boss” opportunity. It could be a side hustle but not your primary income source.
TOP#3 Hidden Monthly Cost
I don’t like the idea of pushing every contributor to have at least 100PV just to become a qualified distributor. You might end up stockpiling lots of unused Kyani products in your storage room or the attic, making you the biggest customer of Kyani.
I dug deep to see whether they have lawsuits in the past, and yes, here are some:
- In 2018, Dr. Abbas Qutab sued Kyani for breach of contract, libel & slander, fraud, fraudulent inducement to contract, etc.
- In 2017, a nationwide class-action lawsuit has been filed against Kyani for being a pyramid scheme.
- In 2016, Kyani got investigated for the use of unsubstantiated health and disease-treatment claims about the Kyani products.
What I Liked About Kyani
TOP#1 Established Company
It’s often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years.
Kyani started its operation in 2005, and it’s a legitimate MLM company that offers health and wellness products for people living healthier life. In 2018, Kyani had been recognized for the remarkable quality of the Triangle of Wellness and had awarded Kyani Japan its Grand Gold Quality Award for our Japanese formulation of Sunset.
It won’t disappear overnight, and it’s a reputable MLM company to join.
TOP#2 Caring Hands
A charity is always better than no charity. Kyani organized the Caring Hands foundation in 2010 to bring hope to children in need by improving access to nutrition, sanitation, and education.
With the help of donors worldwide, Caring Hands has provided more than 3 million meals of Potato Pak for children and others in need across the world.
TOP#3 A 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you are a customer and not satisfied with Kyani products, you should return all used and unused products to corporate within 30 days of purchase for 100% money-back less shipping & handling charges.
If you are a distributor, you are eligible for a 90% refund on the purchase prices of marketable inventory (unopened & undamaged products) purchased within the last 12 months.
Can You Make Money Selling Kyani?
Yes, you surely can make money by selling Kyani products—especially those extroverts who like to meet different people and talk about the same products again and again. If you were this type of person, any MLM business opportunity like Kyani is definitely your thing.
Based on the 2020 Global income disclosure, only 6.6% of active Kyani business builders can make decent money every month. The rest, 93.4%, end up losing money. Since the chance to make money with Kyani is low, it’s not really a “work from home to be your own boss” opportunity for everyone.
Is Kyani A Pyramid Scheme?
Let’s read Wikipedia’s definition of a pyramid scheme. “A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.”
Kyani offers health and wellness products that help boost people’s health, so we cannot call it a pyramid scheme.
Is Kyani A Scam?
No, Kyani is not a scam either. Normally, a scam or a pyramid scheme cannot survive the first year once people complain and report to the authority. It also operates for more than one decade. If they were a scam, they couldn’t survive this long and keep growing for the next decade.
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top-pick? Read on to find out more!
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting Kyani products in person. Try to imagine you sell Kyani products to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted only to promote Kyani products. You can promote anything you like!
You only need to create a website with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your products reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full WA review or click the below link to start your WA journey.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full-time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks, WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.