Someone introduced you to Isagenix products and the business plan, but you still wonder, “Is Isagenix a Scam?” If yes, you’ve come to the right place.
In my Isagenix review, I will discuss the topics below to help you make up your mind. You surely can make better decisions once you read this review to the end.
- What is Isagenix?
- Isagenix Product Lines
- How To Make Money With Isagenix?
- Isagenix Compensation Plan
- Isagenix Pros & Cons
- Is Isagenix A Scam?
- My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
Without further ado, let’s dive deep.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What is Isagenix?
-Summary of Isagenix-
Product Name: Isagenix
Founders: founded by Kathy Coover, Jim Coover & John Anderson in 2002
Product Type: Health & Wellness MLM
Price: $29 annual fee + $155.96-$633.65 starter kit + 100PV per month to stay active
Kathy Coover, Jim Coover & John Anderson founded Isagenix in 2002. They provide dietary supplements and personal care products but mainly focus on weight-loss meal replacements(shakes, snack bars, etc.).
In 2013, Isagenix reported having more than 200,000 active associates. By the end of 2017, the company reported revenues of $958 million.
Isagenix currently shares its products and solutions through all the active associates in 14 countries, including the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Belgium, Spain, and South Korea.
What’s Inside Isagenix?
Isagenix has six different kinds of product lines, and I will only talk about products I am interested in or the products I want to share with anyone if I promote Isagenix.
- Weight Loss: Weight-loss basic & premium packs(similar to Herbalife)
- Performance: Muscle-building supplements that include pre-workout supplements, BCAA, protein shakes & bars.
- Vitality + Well-Being: Sparkling energy drink, zinc spray, coffee, fiber mix, collagen mix, etc.
- IsaKids: Smoothie with nutrition and chewable multivitamins for kids.
- Essential Oils: Essence single oils, blend oils(similar to Young Living & doTERRA)
- Personal Care + Beauty: Hydrating toner, eye cream, body wash, cleanser, etc.
Do Isagenix Products Work?
I don’t personally use Isagenix products, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences. Based on my research online, there are both positive and negative comments.
Here comes the positive:
People are satisfied with the weight-loss shakes that work very well, and they are happy because they see the results in a short period.
Here are the negative ones:
Here is the negative:
People have different reactions after taking Isagenix products, and you may face the same. Both positive & negative comments are good to know more about Isagenix, and I am sure you have a clear picture of Isagenix products now.
How To Make Money With Isagenix?
Just like all the other MLMs in the industry, there are two ways to make money with Isagenix:
- Sell Isagenix products to make retail profits.
- Recruit people to become your downlines to hit group sales target for extra bonuses.
Before diving deep into the compensation plan, I will explain the difference between Isagenix customers, preferred customers, and associates.
There are three types of Isagenix membership, and you can choose the one that suits you the best:
- Customers: Can purchase Isagenix products at reduced prices for personal uses but cannot resell them to earn retail commissions or participate other business promotions.
- Preferred Customers: same as above, there is an annual membership fee of $39 ($29 if on Autoship program)
- Associates: $29 annual membership fee. You can participate Isagenix compensation plan and build a team to maximize your earnings.
If you choose to become an associate, you will have to purchase a starter kit to showcase Isagenix. The best-selling starter kits from Isagenix are weight-control packs, which are around $155.96-$633.65.
To stay active with the Isagenix business plan, you need to have at least 100PV in the last 30 days. So, we can calculate the cost of becoming an Isagenix associate for one year.
- Annual membership fee $29
- Starter Kit $155.96-$633.65
- Monthly requirement 100PV(around $156)*12=$1,872
The best case is that you spend $2,056.96, while the worst is $2,534.65 to join Isagenix. It’s less than a brick-and-mortar business, but it’s still a lot for people who only make ends meet.
Isagenix Compensation Plan
Here we come to the most complicated part of Isagenix’s business plan. Most MLM likes to create fancy terms and acronyms to make people see loads of ways to make money, same for Isagenix.
- Retail profits: You buy products at wholesale prices but sell them at retail prices, so the differential price gaps are your earning.
- Retail direct profits: When your customers purchase from your replicate personal website, you earn retail direct profits. Retail direct profits are paid weekly and are calculated by subtracting the wholesale price and an administration fee($4.95).
- Product Introduction Bonuses: When new members place orders for some product packs or systems, you earn these bonuses.
- Team Bonuses(cycle): Once you build up your team, your team sales grows. When your team sales reaches 900 Group Volume(GV), 600 GV from one major side while 300 GV from the other, you earn a team bonus(AKA a cycle) An associate can earn up to 250 cycles per week.
- Executive Matching Team Bonuses: Executives are eligible to receive a 10% matching bonus based on the sales volume of your direct referrals.
- Others: IsaBody Challenge, IsaDerby contest, Rank Advancement Bonuses, and Leadership Pools.
Feel sleepy? Just remember to make as many sales as possible and recruit people under you & teach them to do the same. You will start seeing commissions and bonuses.
If you want more about the compensation plan, you are welcome to check the official 12-page document HERE.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
To be eligible for commissions, every associate needs to have at least 100 PV in the prior month, and 100PV is around $156-$208.
The problem is that most people purchase the products only to be eligible for commissions, not because they can sell to the customers. It might eventually cause a stockpiling issue in your storeroom, attic, or garage.
What I Like About Isagenix
TOP#1 IsaLife App
To be honest, I am lazy. When I read that Isagenix has an app called “IsaLife,” I felt excited. Once you log in, you can set up a 30-day calendar, and it will guide you through a 30-day system.
You can also type your food intake to know the calories you consume every day to help you achieve your weight-loss goal.
The best part is that you can place orders for Isagenix products with this app. What a smart life!
TOP#2 ISA Foundation
It’s not rare to see a company that does charity to meet its social responsibility, and Isagenix is no exception.
ISA stands for “Inspire, Share, Advocate,” it aims to support underserved children, provide wellness education for all, and aid those affected by natural disasters.
Whether this is a public stunt or what, it’s better to see Isagenix doing something than nothing at all.
Ugly Truth About Isagenix
TOP#1 Isagenix Income Disclosure
Isagenix income disclosure told us some interesting numbers, and you’d better read them before signing up.
In 2019, about 21% of nearly 65,000 Isagenix associates earned some compensation, and of those who received earnings from Isagenix, approximately:
- 50% made more than US$466, and the other half made less.
- 10% made more than US$3,256.
- 1% made more than US$45,413.
- In 2019, there were 308 Isagenix Millionaires who have exceeded $1 million in cumulative gross earnings since joining Isagenix. To achieve this status, they spent averaged approximately 6.1 years with the longest being 16 years.
First of all, the above statistics only count 21% of Isagenix associates who got earnings in 2019. If they calculated all associates, the actual numbers will become lower than our imagination. So, these numbers are sugar-coated.
Second, making $466-$3,256 isn’t enough to pay your bills, let alone support your family. You cannot take this as a primary income for the first few years, just as a side hustle.
Third, ask yourself that you are willing to spend 6.1-16 years on building a business with Isagenix?
TOP#2 Problematic Cancellation Process
I reviewed many MLMs here on my website, and the problematic cancellation process is the one that pushes customers away.
It seems like these MLMs don’t want members to cancel their membership and charge them as usual. For me, this is a HUGE red flag.
Here are what angry customers said about Isagenix’s problematic cancellation process:
Who Is Isagenix For?
People love to keep fit and make money at the same time. If you are also good at presenting, promoting, and recruiting, you must go for a try.
If you were like me, shy & introverted & don’t have a weight-loss issue, I would go for another alternative to make money online. Let me tell you in one minute!
Can You Make Money Selling Isagenix?
Yes, of course. 308 Isagenix Millionaires have exceeded $1 million in cumulative gross earnings since joining Isagenix.
If you can stick to your business plan and turn yourself into a full-time sales manager & recruiting machine, you surely can make money with Isagenix.
Is Isagenix A Scam?
No, Isagenix is not a scam. Although Isagenix has negative reviews and issues, it does provide products that every associate could promote to make commissions.
If you ask me whether I join Isagenix to make money, my answer is NO!
When it comes to making money online, there are plenty of options on the internet, such as freelancing, dropshipping, GPT sites, drop services, or affiliate marketing. Wanna know my top-pick? Read on to find out more!
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through affiliate marketing instead of promoting Isagenix in person. Try to imagine you sell Isagenix to your friends, family, or anyone you know. Don’t you feel embarrassed or blushed? They might avoid you ever since.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promote one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your own schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
You only need to start a blog running an affiliate marketing business with quality content. So every time people land on your site to read your products reviews or other articles, they will find insight and value. If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full WA review or click the below link to start your WA journey.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed Tonight
Take Action To Start Making Money Online Today! 🙂
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review, and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!