If you’ve heard of Isagenix, it’s most likely you have been invited to know the Isagenix business opportunity and the lucrative compensation plan. But, you still want to check “Is Isagenix a Scam?” on the Internet, that’s the reason you are on my website today. Am I right?
First of all, I am not an associate of Isagenix, so you won’t see me selling you how good the products are or convincing you to join Isagenix to become my downlines. What I am sharing today is only to talk about my findings from Isagenix business opportunity and compensation plan.
Secondly, I can see you are doing your homework well before joining any MLMs. Since there are so many online scams these days, doing your research is important without being scammed. This step also keeps your hard-earned money safe, so you deserve a big HUG on this.
Let’s find out more hidden & untold truth about Isagenix, shall we?
What is Isagenix?
-Summary of Isagenix-
Product Name: Isagenix
Founders: founded by Kathy Coover, Jim Coover & John Anderson in 2002
Product Type: Health & Wellness MLM
Price: $39 (or $29 if on Autoship program) + various overpriced products
Rating: 40 / 100
Isagenix is founded by Kathy Coover, Jim Coover & John Anderson in 2002. They provide dietary supplements and personal care products but mainly focus on weight-loss meal replacements(shakes, snack bars, etc). In 2013, Isagenix reported having more than 200,000 active associates. By the end of 2017, the company reported revenues of $958 million.
Isagenix currently has shares its products and solutions through all the active associates in 14 countries that include the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and South Korea.
What’s inside Isagenix?
Isagenix has 6 different kinds of product lines, and you are welcome to check on the official website for more details. In my article, I won’t go through every product because the main intent is to know more about Isagenix business opportunity. So, I will only talk about products that I am interested in or the products I want to share with anyone if I join Isagenix. Deal?
- Weight Loss: Weight-loss basic & premium packs(similar to Herbalife)
- Performance: Muscle-building supplements that include pre-workout supplements, BCAA, protein shakes & bars.
- Vitality + Well-Being: Sparkling energy drink, zinc spray, coffee, fiber mix, collagen mix, etc.
- IsaKids: Smoothie with nutrition and chewable multivitamins for kids.
- Essential Oils: Essence single oils, blend oils(similar to Young Living & doTERRA)
- Personal Care + Beauty: Hydrating toner, eye cream, body wash, cleanser, etc.
Do Isagenix Products Work?
I don’t personally use Isagenix products, so I cannot give you my firsthand experiences on them. Based on my research online, there are both positive and negative comments.
Here comes the positive:
People are satisfied the weight-loss shakes that work very well on them, and they are happy because they see the results in a short period.
What you need to do is simply follow the system instructions, then stick to it. Meaning you need to purchase it regularly to control your weight.
Here are the negative:
People have different reactions after taking Isagenix products, and it’s highly possible that you might face the same. Both positive & negative comments are good to people who want to join Isagenix, and I am sure you have a clear picture of Isagenix products now.
Before you join Isagenix, trying the products yourself to know the quality and the side effects.
How Does Isagenix Work?
Just like all the other MLMs in the industry, there are basically two ways to make money with Isagenix:
- Sell Isagenix products to make retail profits.
- Recruit more people to become your downlines in your organization for extra bonuses.
Before we dive deep the compensation plan, I will explain the difference between Isagenix customers, preferred customers, and associates.
There are three types of Isagenix membership, you can choose the one that suits you the best:
- Customers: Can purchase Isagenix products at reduced prices for personal uses but cannot resell them to earn retail commissions or participate other business promotions.
- Preferred Customers: same as above, there is an annual membership fee of $39 ($29 if on Autoship program)
- Associates: Can participate Isagenix compensation plan and build a team to maximize your earnings.
The Compensation Plan
- Retail profits: You buy products at wholesale prices but sell them at retail prices, so the differential price gaps are your earning.
- Retail direct profits: When your customers purchase from your replicate personal website, you earn retail direct profits. Retail direct profits are paid weekly and are calculated by subtracting the wholesale price and an administration fee($4.95).
- Product Introduction Bonuses: When new members place orders for some product packs or systems, you earn these bonuses.
- Team Bonuses(cycle): Once you build up your team, your team sales cumulatively rises. When your team sales reaches 900 Group Volume(GV), 600 GV from one major side while 300 GV from the other, you earn a team bonus(AKA a cycle) An associate can earn up to 250 cycles per week.
- Executive Matching Team Bonuses: Executives are eligible to receive a 10% matching bonus based on the sales volume of your direct referrals.
- Others: IsaBody Challenge, IsaDerby contest, Rank Advancement Bonuses, and Leadership Pools.
In short, when an associate’s organization grows, more product sales are made, and more money can be earned.
If you still want more about the compensation plan, you are welcome to check the official 12-page document HERE or watch the below video.
How Much Do You Need to Sell to Stay Active?
To be eligible for commissions, every associate will need to have at least 100 PV in your account each month. PV means personal volume and every commissionable Isagenix product has assigned point values.
Taking the most famous weight loss products as instances, to stay active means you need to purchase or sell one 9-day system that costs you $156 or your customer $208.
The problem is that most people purchase the products only to be eligible for commissions, not because they like the products or they do sell to their customers.
Pros & Cons
TOP#1 Start At A Low Cost
You only need to spend $39 annual membership fee to start your Isagenix business, that’s good to know.
Although there is no minimum order requirement from Isagenix, but if you want to be eligible for the commissions, you need to spend $156 or above in a calendar month.
Let’s do a quick calculation here: $39 + $156*12 = $1,911 per year. Isn’t it expensive for you?
TOP#2 IsaLife App
To be honest, I am lazy. When I read about Isagenix has an application on mobile called “IsaLife”, I feel excited. Once you log in, you can set up a 30-day calendar and it will guide you through 30-day system.
You can also type your food intake to know the calories you consume every single day to help you achieve your weight-loss goal.
The best part is that you can place orders for Isagenix products by this app. What a smart life!
TOP#3 ISA Foundation
It’s not rare to see a company that does charity to meet its social responsibility, and Isagenix is no exception.
ISA stands for “Inspire, Share, Advocate”, it aims to support underserved children, wellness education for all, and aid for those affected by natural disasters.
No matter what ISA foundation does, it’s better Isagenix doing something than nothing at all.
TOP#1 Low Income Potential
In 2017, there are approximately 80% of Isagenix USA members didn’t make any earnings. Why? Isagenix answers, “The USA members join Isagenix only to get the products at a discount.”
Okay, that seems vague to me and kind of tries cover the truth that most people failed.
Let’s see the rest 20% of members who make earnings?
- 50% made more than $337
- 10% made more than $3,094
- 1% made more than $40,323
Can you quit your job when you only made a $3k income by Isagenix in a year? I guess “NO!” It’s way lower than the minimum salary from the Federal government.
But, we cannot ignore there is 1% of all members who work their butt off to achieve a $40,323 annual income by Isagenix. In 2017, there are even 254 members who made more than $1 million around the globe.
I am not saying it’s impossible that you can make enough money to support your life with Isagenix. I am just pointing out that most people failed(99%).
TOP#2 Problematic Cancellation Process
I reviewed many MLMs so far, and I found out the problematic cancellation process is one thing that happened frequently in this industry.
It seems like these MLMs don’t even want members to cancel their membership and charge them as usual. For me, this is a red flag. Here are what angry customers said about Isagenix’s problematic cancellation process with poor service.
TOP#3 Not Science-backed
For weight-loss supplements, I always worry about the liver damage issue since I reviewed this MLM. So, I go to check carefully for the similar products Isagenix has to offer.
Let’s look at what I found on the Internet:
- The Australian consumer organization(CHOICE) mentioned that Isagenix’s claims about its “nutritional cleansing” product are scientifically unsupported.
- American family physician Harriet Hall wrote many articles that all the claims on the Isagenix website are a mishmash of pseudoscience, myth, misrepresentation, and outright lies.
Who’s Isagenix For?
People love to control weight & keep fit and make money at the same time. If you are also good at presenting, promoting, and recruiting, you must go for a try.
If you were like me, shy & introvert & doesn’t have a weight-loss issue, I would definitely go for another alternative to make money online. I will tell you in one minute!
Can You Make Money Selling Isagenix?
Yes, of course. You may scroll up/ slide up to see the income disclosure we just talked about. There were 254 global members who made more than $1 million in 2017 while 99% of other members failed.
The failure rate is so high that everyone should be aware of! But, if I tell you almost every MLM’s failure rate is 99%, would you still join to become one of Isagenix associates ?
Is Isagenix A Scam?
No, Isagenix may have some negative comments, but it does have products that every associate could sell to make commissions.
The questions are(Think twice before joining Isagenix):
The low income potential, can you accept the truth that you might only earn less than $350 per year while you need to pay $1,911 to be eligible for the commissions.
The problematic cancellation process, many customers feedback that Isagenix has a very poor service on this and they got a feeling that Isagenix doesn’t want you to leave the system.
Isagenix is not science-backed for all the claims on the official website.
If you give a “Nah” for any of the above, you might be interested in my alternative to make money online!
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Isagenix products in person. Try to imagine you sell Isagenix products to your friends, family, or anyone you know, don’t you feel blushed? They might avoid you ever since and it’s inevitably that you join “No Friends Left” club in the long run.
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- You don’t even need to buy any physical or digital products and sell to someone face to face.
- You also don’t need to convince people to join you as you downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to only promote Isagenix products. You can promote anything you like!
You only need to create a website or YouTube channel with quality content that makes people trust you then purchase them through your links.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. The reasons for “Why Wealthy Affiliate?” are for all the training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, 24/7 sitesupport, and the most friendly community.
For more details or top secrets about Wealthy Affiliate, you could check my full review in the below link.
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.