You realize affiliate marketing can bring consistent online income and eventually quit your 9-5 jobs.
But you also found people talking about “Is Affiliate Marketing A Pyramid Scheme?” right?
This bothers you from moving forward, so you land on my site to find the answers.
So, in this article, I will explain your concerns and give tips. Let’s get started!
Is Affiliate Marketing A Pyramid Scheme?
Simply put, affiliate marketing is not a pyramid scheme due to the following reasons:
- Affiliate marketing is one of the legitimate ways to make money online, and successful affiliate marketers make a decent income from monthly recurring commissions.
- The main difference between affiliate marketing and pyramid schemes is you don’t have to pay upfront as an affiliate. You can promote anything you like to make sales for commissions.
- Affiliate marketing is a good side hustle because people make money. It won’t last long if it’s a pyramid scheme since people would complain online until it is non-existing.
1. Is Affiliate Marketing Legit?
Yes, of course, affiliate marketing is legit!
It’s one of the most popular ways to make money online and has been a highly successful customer acquisition channel for many years. It’s not only legit but also growing for the next decade.
Most people purchase things online than the actual stores, especially during the pandemic. Tell me, do you often check things in the retail store and later purchase online with lower prices?
Or, you love reading online reviews to see what others say about the product you are interested in, right?
80% of brands have affiliate programs, and if you purchase through someone’s affiliate links, there will be no extra costs on your side. The link owners will make commissions through your actual purchase.
Isn’t this process legitimate enough to convince you affiliate marketing is not a pyramid scheme?
💡Pro Tip: How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
2. Why Is Affiliate Marketing Not A Pyramid Scheme?
Based on the definition of a Pyramid Scheme on Wikipedia:
“A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products.”
You get a product to promote through affiliate marketing, whether a physical & digital product or service, without recruiting. People will get what they pay for in return. Hence affiliate marketing is not a pyramid scheme.
Many scam artists sugarcoat their affiliate marketing products to lure newbies for their hard-earned cash, so it’s better to do online research before purchasing.
3. Is Affiliate Marketing A Good Side Hustle?
Definitely! Successful affiliate marketers make decent money to quit their 9-5 jobs, live with a laptop & work anywhere and anytime they want. See the below examples:
- Tim Sykes, estimated monthly income: $1,000,000+
- Pat Flynn, estimated monthly income: $200,000+
- Michelle Schroeder-Gardner, estimated monthly income: $60,000+
I might make it sound like 123, but affiliate marketing requires time, effort, and patience. It’s never a get-rich-quick scheme or overnight success.
95% of affiliate marketers fail and quit because they have the wrong mindset and expect fast money, so be prepared if you like to go this route!
So, you now understand that affiliate marketing is not a pyramid due to the reasons below:
- Affiliate marketing is one of the legitimate ways to make money online.
- You get actual products to promote and don’t need to pay upfront as an affiliate.
- Affiliate marketing is a good side hustle because highly talented marketers make decent money to quit their 9-5 jobs.
I hope my blog post helps you today and you get information on how to focus on your affiliate marketing business. If you have anything to say, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. I will reply within 24 hours.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!