Let me guess, you search online whether upgrade to GeneratePress Premium, so you land on my article to know more about it, right? In my GeneratePress Review, I will compare the GeneratePress free vs premium and share everything you need to know before upgrading.
If this is something you like to read today, you’ve come to the right place. I used GeneratePress FREE version one year then I decided to upgrade to GeneratePress Premium for more advanced features, and it did super well to suit my needs. So, you can trust me that this will be an honest and unbiased review from a real user. See my receipt below!
Without further ado, let’s dive deep GeneratePress FREE and Premium together.
What is GeneratePress?
-Summary of GeneratePress-
Product Name: GeneratePress
Founder: Tom Usborne
Product Type: WordPress Theme Free & Premium
Price: Free to join & $49.95
Rating: 90 / 100
GeneratePress is responsive, easy to use WordPress theme available for free. It’s one of the most highly rated themes available in WordPress.org. It focuses on speed and usability which brings a better ranking on Google.
As of this writing, GeneratePress has 2,877,102+ downloads, 300,000+ active websites, and 70,000+ happy customers(me included!)
Here is the demonstration video about GeneratePress Free & Premium:
GeneratePress Free vs Premium
We all know there are two versions of GeneratePress, free vs Premium. You can use the free version without giving your credit card detail, you can download it directly from their website HERE, then you can install on your websites.
Once you install on your websites, you will find it delivers a simple look. It’s not like other themes that have fancy features to distract people’s attention, so you can leverage well to direct your target audience to things you want them to see. There are a few customization options in free version, and those help a lot to adjust the look of your website.
GeneratePress Free Features
- Mobile-Friendly: It weighs less than 30kb, no matter any user which device using, there won’t be any loading issues.
- 14 Pro Modules: You can choose from 14 pro modules with different website designs for your website.
- Typography & Font: You will be able to customize font family & font size and edit blog & heading.
- Reset by 1 Click: If you mess up your website design, you can turn it back to default setting by one click.
- Custom CSS: If you know HTML & CSS, you can design any part of the theme using custom CSS.
Pros & Cons
✅ It’s free and you can use it for a lifetime on unlimited websites
✅ The theme is mobile-friendly and SEO-optimized
✅ It’s light-weighted that loads your site faster than other fancy themes
✅ Many cool features with customization options to suits your taste
❌ No support from the founder and the support team(Big No!)
❌ Need CSS knowledge to custom some parts of the website design
❌ You can’t remove the “Powered by Generatepress” in footer
❌ No import and export functionality
GeneratePress Premium Features
Unlike GeneratePress Free version, you need to pay $49.95 for the GeneratePress premium(GP Premium). It comes with powerful features that can easily help you to adjust your website design in seconds, which is a time saver for everyone.
Below screenshot are the most popular paid addons for premium users:
I will focus on those features that you cannot get in free version, so you will easily get the idea why I decided to upgrade with GeneraPress Premium version. Deal?
- Site Library: You get 33 demo sites and it only takes a few seconds to import by three clicks.
- Colors: 60 color options to change any part of your website
- Elements: It allows you to activate or deactivate 14 elements of this theme whether it’s menu, navigation, footer, or etc.
- WooCommerce: It lets you turn your website into an online store
- Menu Plus: You can improve the functionality of menus by choosing sticky navigation, slideout navigation, or more.
- Spacing: Control spaces and margins between website elements
- Blog: Beautifully display posts in column, grid, or masonry style.
- Second Navigation: You can add another useful second navigation with extra links on the site.
- Backgrounds: You can edit, remove, or color the backgrounds.
- Sections: You can create a post/page by this feature only if you want it
- CopyRight: You can remove the “Powered by Generatepress” and edit your own in footer area
- Import/Export: It supports to import/export the site in a few clicks
- Documentation: You get access to its documentation page for detailed instructions to add, delete, or customize your GeneratePress theme on your website.
- Support: GeneraPress gets a standard level forum to support your technical issues, and it’s often to see the founder, Tom answers questions for every GP Premium user.(Really nice!)
Pros. & Cons.
✅ You get access to all GeneratePress Premium features, including the upcoming ones.
✅ It’s OK to use the GP Premium on unlimited websites, even for your clients’ websites
✅ It still weighs less than 30kb
✅ 24/7 support for one year long for any technical issues you encounter
✅ Much more customization options than free version to fine-tune the look of your website
✅ A lifetime 40% off for renewal, it’s only valid if you renew before the license key expires
✅ A 30-day money-back guarantee
❌ No lifetime payment option
You can join GeneratePress Affiliate program and earn 35% of commissions if people purchase through your link. You can either promote it on your website, social media platforms, or email marketing.
It’s good to promote things that you really use and like, so it might bring you passive income in the long run. I believe it’s so called “kill two birds with one stone”, right?
Price & Renewal Cost
You don’t need to give out your credit card detail to use GeneratePress Free version, but for Premium version, you need to pay $49.95 for the first year.
If you use it and love it, you may renew for the following years with a solid 40% renewal discount. This is a huge discount when you try to reduce the costs running your online business.
Is GeneratePress Theme Free?
Yes, you can get it for free HERE or you can search for GeneratePress theme at your WordPress dashboard:
Go to your dashboard –>Appearance–>Theme–>Add New–>Search Theme + “GeneratePress”
What Is GeneratePress Premium?
GeneratePress Premium or GP Premium is a theme plugin, you can get all the powerful features by using this light-weighted plugin.
How Many Sites Can I Use GP Premium?
Unlimited! You can use GeneratePress Premium(GP Premium) on as many websites as you like no matter it’s your websites or your clients.
What Kind Of Support Can I Expect?
The developer behind GeneratePress takes support seriously, they think only happy customers can make their businesses going smoothly. Any active license key holders(premium members) get full access to the priority support forums.
What Do Updates Include?
You will get new modules, improved features, performance enhancements, and bug fixes. Stay tuned for updates!
Can I Take My Money Back If I Don’t Like It?
Yes, you can request a refund if you are not 100% satisfied with GP Premium within the 30 days after purchase. They will give you full refund without asking a word.
I’ve tried my best to compare the difference between GeneratePress Free and Premium, and it’s time for you to decide whether to upgrade or not. For me, it’s my pleasure to use GeneratePress Premium for my website, and it worths the money.
I like how light-weighted it is without loading issues, how easy it is to customize every element on my website, and how premium it is to get support from the founder himself. You just get so many value without paying much, what a good deal!
If you still have a hard time to decide which one works for you, I’d suggest you go with:
GeneratePress: if free version meets all your needs and the website design doesn’t mean much to you.
GP Premium: If you care the website design and know how it attracts people’s eyes to drive more traffic & make more sales potentially.
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.