Someone introduced you to Younique products and the business plan, so you think, “Can you make money by Younique?” If yes, you’ve come to the right place.
In my Younique review, I’ll cover the below topics to help you make up your mind:
- What Is Younique?
- How to Make Money with Younique?
- Younique Compensation Plan
- Younique Pros & Cons
- Who is Younique For?
- Can You Make Money Selling Younique?
- Is Younique A Scam Or A Pyramid Scheme?
I am referring to buying any Younique products or becoming my downlines, so rest assured that you will get my honest review. Without any delay, let’s get started.
Disclaimer: As the owner of Smileaffiliatesuccess.com, I have tracked down special deals for products, tools, and services mentioned herein. When you click my affiliate links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you will definitely get a great bargain. This is a win-win advantage for both of us.
What is Younique?
-Summary of Younique-
Product Name: Younique(sound as “Unique”)
Founders: Derek Maxfield & Melanie Huscroft in 2012
Product Type: Cosmetics & Skincare MLM(multi-level Marketing)
Price: $35 to start + $125 for every three months
Younique is a cosmetics and skincare MLM company that sells many products and it also offers a business plan for every distributor to make money.
Younique is founded by Derek Maxfield & Melanie Huscroft in 2012. Derek wanted to pursue another career path after NetSteps, which provided software solutions for the direct sales industry.
Melanie, Derek’s sister has experience in advertising & sales, and she has a passion for beauty and fashion. So, Younique was born.
They produce cosmetics and encourage all distributors to host virtual parties to maximize their earnings through Facebook groups or Instagram chats. They are proud of this modern way, making them stand out from the traditional MLMs.
However, is Younique a “be your own boss” opportunity? That’s what I am going to talk about. Let me share more details, so you can judge yourself.
What’s inside Younique?
Younique is a cosmetics brand, but they did develop the skin care product line to cover more potential business.
You know it’s never enough when it comes to women’s needs for cosmetics. If you ever look at the makeup table your mom or your wife uses, you are supposed to know there is no end.
Younique has many cosmetic items, and I won’t cover all the things in this article. I will only talk about products I can recognize or that I’ve seen my friends used in the past. Otherwise, it might take too long without really focusing on Younique’s business opportunity.
- Eyes: Mascara, eyeliner, liquid eyeshadow, eye primer, etc.
- Lips: Lipstick, lip butter, lip liner, lip stain, etc.
- Faces: Foundation, BB cream, highlight & contour, concealer, etc.
- Skincare: Cleansers, masks, moisturizers, toners, serums, etc.
- Collagen: Pretty much explains itself
- Fragrance: Perfumes/eau de toilette
- Makeup tools: Eye/lip/face brushes, fillable palettes, sponges, etc.
Does Younique Product Work?
Based on Chickadvisor, the best product is Younique Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara.
It gets 3.5/5 and ranks #12 with 430 reviews. Although it gets a good review online, Younique didn’t provide it anymore since they deceptively marketed this product is made of “100% Natural Green Tea Fibers.”
Other Younique products received negative reviews on Chickadvisor, so I think it’s better to know both good and bad reviews before we join Younique.
How To Make Money With Younique?
Just like other MLMs, Younique has no exception in making you earn commissions by two main ways:
- Sell Younique products to earn retail commissions
- Recruit more people under you to earn extra bonuses
You can purchase a $35 starter kit to start your journey with Younique. When you enroll, you’ll gain access to:
- The Presenter network
- Exclusive YOUNIQUE products and deals
- The YOUNIQUE Business Kit with all the tools you’ll need to start with confidence
- The award-winning MOODSTRUCK EPIC 4D One-Step Fiber Mascara and our signature pop-up box
Younique Compensation Plan
After reviewing many MLM business opportunities, the compensation plan from Younique is simple and easy to understand.
When you join, you’ll start at the white level, then climb the ladder up to the black levels. The higher ranking you are, the more commissions you can earn.
- Retail Royalties: When you are on the white level, you earn 20% of commissions from all sales you make. If you reach black, the percentage goes up to 40%.
- Circle Royalties: All reaching exemplary-level presenters earn commissions on company wholesale sales. This is from 3% to 5%.
- First to Third Generation Royalties: As your team gets bigger, you earn an extra 5% for the first generation’s team sales and 4% for the second generation, all the way up to 3% for the third generation.
- Car Bonus: Presenters from white to orange level can earn a car bonus if they meet the requirements.
How Much Do You Have To Sell To Stay Active With Younique?
A white-level presenter has to achieve a Personal Retail Sales (PRS) of at least $125 in sales during a rolling 3-month period to stay active. For yellow-level presenters, it gets up to $500.
Your account will be considered inactive if you don’t meet the requirement. You have three months to re-activate with your current Presenter ID and position. After those three months, you must sign up as a new Presenter account with Younique.
How Much Does It Cost To Become A Younique Consultant?
Now we can calculate the total cost of becoming a Younique distributor for one year.
- Start Kit $35
- Requirement for every three months $125*4=$500
You may spend $535 for the first year, but the cost might be higher if you like to sell as many products as possible. Customers need your advice and recommendations on the products, if you don’t have experience, selling becomes hard.
What I Liked About Younique
TOP#1 Younique on Social Media
Unlike traditional MLMs, Younique presenters host virtual parties to promote Younique products. It’s good for introverts who are scared of face-to-face meetings.
Hosting virtual parties also saves you tons of effort and time from organizing real home parties. If you have thousands of friends & followers on Facebook or Instagram, you must go for it since it’s highly possible to earn you some bucks.
TOP#3 Paid Quickly
As a Younique Presenter, your commission will be deposited into your own PayQuicker online bank account within 3 hours. Younique thinks you deserve every penny you earn. It’s pretty impressive, while other MLMs might have threshold on the payout issue.
Ugly Truth About Younique
TOP#1 Lawsuit Settlement
For the previous best-seller – Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara, Younique used to promote this product as 100% Natural Green Tea Fibers made.
In 2017, many plaintiffs claimed that Moonstruck mascara is made of shredded nylon fibers instead of green tea fibers. In August 2019, Younique agreed to a settlement to pay $3.25 million to resolve this lawsuit, but Younique has not admitted any wrongdoing under the settlement.
TOP#2 No Income Disclosure
I cannot find any information about the income disclosure on the official website. Maybe they only provide the document to registered distributors.
However, I find it disappointing that people cannot know the numbers before joining this business plan. Are they trying to cover something? We never know…
When you compare Younique products to other similar products you can find anywhere, it’s easy to find out Younique is pricey.
I know it’s the nature of any MLM company – selling overpriced products, but it gets harder to promote pricey products when people have their preferred brands at lower costs.
Who Is Younique For?
Women who love cosmetics, makeup, or skincare products. If you have thousands of friends or followers on both Facebook & Instagram like an influencer, Younique will be something you should try.
If not, I suggest you try other ways to make money online, and I will reveal my alternative in one minute!
Can You Make Money By Younique?
Yes, definitely. Younique grew quickly to 100,000 members and made $35 million in 2014. There must be someone who made a good living with Younique’s compensation plan. But it’s pitiful that they don’t provide income disclosure statements on the website.
Is Younique A Scam?
No! Younique is not a scam. It has legitimate products that receive good reviews on the internet and teaches members how to host virtual parties with needed marketing skills. They are far from being a scam.
I won’t become a Younique presenter since I am not using cosmetics and makeup, so chances are that I might lose more money than I earn in the long run.
My alternative to making money is affiliate marketing, which is precisely what I am doing now.
My Alternative Way to Make Money Online
My alternative way to make money online is through Affiliate Marketing instead of promoting Younique products on Facebook/Instagram.
Imagine you sell Younique’s products to your friends, family, or anyone you know on Facebook. Don’t you feel awkward?
Doing affiliate marketing will save you from that:
- It’s free to start your affiliate marketing business.
- You don’t need to buy physical products and sell them face to face.
- There is no monthly minimum sales quota in affiliate marketing.
- You don’t recruit people to become your downlines to build a team.
- You are not restricted to promoting one product. You can promote anything you like!
- Work on your schedules & you are your OWN BOSS!
If they like it, they may purchase the products or services via your links. Here come your earning potentials.
The platform I am using currently is Wealthy Affiliate. You will find all the proven-to-work training courses, every Friday night LIVE training courses, one keyword research tool called Jaaxy, 24/7 site support, and the most friendly community.
You are more than welcome to check my full Wealthy Affiliate review HERE, or click the button right below to start your online journey with us.
Try Wealthy Affiliate Before Bed Tonight
Take Action To Start Making Money Online Today! 🙂
Wealthy Affiliate Income Proof
Here are some of the most active members from Wealthy Affiliate. Each of them did succeed in generating a sustainable income to replace their 9-5 jobs. You are more than welcome to check their stories HERE.
- I Made Over $1 Million With Affiliate Marketing.
- Can someone make a full time income promoting WA? You bet they can!
- What Does $1000 Per Day Look Like?$
- 40,000 In One Weekend
- A Very Humbling $12,803.26 Month – August Progress Report
- It’s Getting Better: $500+ in 2 Days
- Newbies Pay Attention! $5,195.20 Affiliate Check for June: Thanks WA!
- Joined the 10K Per Month Club. January Earnings $13,481.39
- New Record: $1,300+ Per DAY! Affiliate Marketing Works & Rocks!
- Made $7,395 in a WEEK: First Black Friday Results!
I hope you enjoy this review and you are more than welcome to share ideas or leave your comments below. I will reply as soon as I can, thanks.
Enjoy this post? Don’t forget to bookmark this page or save it on Pinterest!